British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/dcf-filing-nov-dec-jan-696908/)

BrittanyB Dec 14th 2010 12:57 pm

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Just wanted to make a thread for people filing DCF in December 2010 and Jan 2011. I am a USC and just sent the I-130 application for my husband last week, fingers crossed!

Qube Dec 14th 2010 3:04 pm

Re: DCF Filing in Dec/Jan 2010/2011

I'm the UKC and we're hoping to have ours in the post by the end of the week!

Good luck!

BrittanyB Dec 14th 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks, you too! Since I almost made this mistake, you have heard the news that the fee is not $355 anymore, correct? I didn't find this out until the day I was planning on posting the form, and then had to go about getting another International money order :thumbdown:

Qube Dec 14th 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain! Hoepfully work will pay anyway... I have an American Express card so will be paying with that, sorry you had to go through the bother of another international money order.

Qube Dec 15th 2010 2:09 pm

Ok so that's the I-130 in the post!

I'm the UKC (but did most the donkey work with the forms), wife is USC, have job offer in New York (same company, so thankfully same income source will hopefully help our I-864 when I get round to looking at that), hoping to bo over there for September.

BrittanyB Dec 20th 2010 1:58 pm

Woohoo! Good luck, keep me posted on updates!

Qube Dec 23rd 2010 9:58 am

Had confirmation yesterday that the embassy have received the petition :)

Fihcurry Jan 1st 2011 11:56 pm

Hi fellow DCFers!

I am a UKC, my husband (of 3 years) is a USC. We are highjacking this thread as we are late Nov filers but can't find a similar thread for us. We figured that you guys might find it helpful to find out when we get our responses! :)

The London Embassy received and filed our I-130 on the 22nd Nov, payment was taken from our credit card on the same day.

No other news to report as yet but figuring on mid-late Feb for NOA (thinking positively) going by other timeline threads.

Will keep you informed of our progress....
:lol:

BrittanyB Jan 2nd 2011 12:38 pm

Please do! That's great you had payment taken on the same day...ours was filed on Dec 6 and they did not take payment until Dec 23! I might be because we paid via international bank draft and not credit card. Good luck, keep us posted:)

jeffreyhy Jan 2nd 2011 4:34 pm

Point of clarification - the London USCIS office received your I-130. The USCIS office is located within the embassy compound, but remains part of the Department of Homeland Security not Department of State.

The difference may not be significant to the petitioner in most cases, but on occasion it might be.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Fihcurry (Post 9071521)
The London Embassy received and filed our I-130 on the 22nd Nov, ...

joannabanana Jan 3rd 2011 1:18 pm

Hello everyone. I filed in november but the letter I received having sent in my I-130 stated it had been received and marked as filed on December 9th. I am hoping to get out there for mid May - family wedding that I hope to attend - am I being too optomistic that I might be able to get there in time?

Fihcurry Jan 4th 2011 12:42 am

We were trying to be optimistic too and hoped that we would be over in the States by April but the more we read the more it seems that around 6 months is the norm. We've told the American family probably not April, maybe May but most likely June ;)

We're getting our documentation ready and applying for police certificate etc now so that we're ready as soon as we get the nod for the next stage.

BrittanyB Jan 4th 2011 3:09 am

I agree, based solely on reading other folk's timelines, I would think that mid-May might be cutting it a bit close, at it seems a 6 month wait is what is to be expected. There is definitely still hope, but I wouldn't buy the plane tickets just yet!

meauxna Jan 4th 2011 4:23 pm

Hi everyone.. I've been tracking London DCF cases for years.. 5 months is a more usual average (frequently to the day!), so make sure you're ready with that reply when your first letter comes from the Consulate! :)

Qube Jan 5th 2011 8:36 am

I'm hoping to get my ACRO police report application sent off by the end of the week and also drop a letter into to my GP asking for my vaccination records as well.

britishspouse Jan 8th 2011 1:19 am

We sent off our I-130 start of dec and received notification it was taken on december 5th.

Payment has been taken and it has been sent onto california.

The wait begins!

Also just got back from a 2 week visit, which was amazing, after not seeing hubby for 6 months it sure was nice <3

meauxna Jan 8th 2011 1:34 am

Originally Posted by britishspouse (Post 9085446)
We sent off our I-130 start of dec and received notification it was taken on december 5th.

Payment has been taken and it has been sent onto california.

The wait begins!

Also just got back from a 2 week visit, which was amazing, after not seeing hubby for 6 months it sure was nice <3

The folks in this thread are living in the UK and have petitioned their spouses under a different method than you're using (which is why they're in a separate thread).

However, as fair warning to all; timeline threads have never worked out well in the past and we'd much rather you were contributing in the forum with everyone else. Note that visa questions will be moved out of this thread when spotted; please use this one to compare notes about when you filed petitions and the landmark dates along your case.

britishspouse Jan 8th 2011 2:00 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 9085474)
The folks in this thread are living in the UK and have petitioned their spouses under a different method than you're using (which is why they're in a separate thread).

However, as fair warning to all; timeline threads have never worked out well in the past and we'd much rather you were contributing in the forum with everyone else. Note that visa questions will be moved out of this thread when spotted; please use this one to compare notes about when you filed petitions and the landmark dates along your case.

oh, didnt know they were solely UK based :(

Does anyone every make US based filing threads? :D Id love to connect with some others who filed at similar time using US based method

ian-mstm Jan 8th 2011 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by britishspouse (Post 9085531)
oh, didnt know they were solely UK based :(

The "DCF" in the thread title is a dead giveaway!

Ian

britishspouse Jan 9th 2011 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 9086370)
The "DCF" in the thread title is a dead giveaway!

Ian

not sure what it stands for sorry :(

Nevermind just googled it :P

joannabanana Jan 12th 2011 11:42 am

Originally Posted by joannabanana (Post 9074221)
Hello everyone. I filed in november but the letter I received having sent in my I-130 stated it had been received and marked as filed on December 9th. I am hoping to get out there for mid May - family wedding that I hope to attend - am I being too optomistic that I might be able to get there in time?

Hello y'all again. still haven't heard anything back but getting all my documents ready - have sent off police request form, got birth certs, etc ready. I have a question about immunization records in prep for the medical - I contacted my dr's office and they have no official record of my immunizations!! they have a form that says I have had all my shots, but no dates or who gave them to me, etc and my dr said he can't sign anything to prove I've had my shots, as he cannot prove it. does anyone have any advice?

ian-mstm Jan 12th 2011 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by joannabanana (Post 9095649)
does anyone have any advice?

You have 2 choices: 1) get titres done for any shots that are required; or 2) just get the shots.

Edit - there's a 3rd choice... go to another doctor.

Ian

joannabanana Jan 12th 2011 12:35 pm

What are Titres?

BrittanyB Jan 12th 2011 12:51 pm

Titres are blood tests which show what a person has an immunity for...so if you were vaccinated for mumps, you'd have an immunity for mumps. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

ian-mstm Jan 12th 2011 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by joannabanana (Post 9095732)
What are Titres?

For future reference: Google is your friend.

Ian

joannabanana Jan 12th 2011 1:33 pm

fanks :p

I did have a bit of result, the nurse at my practice contacted me back to recommmend contacting my school who had details of the healthcare practice that would come to our school and give some jobs, so partial sucess there. Yay.

Thanks for the info....

katq Jan 21st 2011 8:53 am

Ahh, they still say they are looking at petitions files 1 October (as of 20 January)....this is soooo slow, what are they doing over there:(( In the end it might turn out to be quicker to file in USA?

BrittanyB Jan 21st 2011 10:13 am

Yeah I know I saw...I guess in my head I allowed them to be a week or so behind because of christmas/new year, but it DOES seem like they are moving awfully slow compared to what other people have said.

katq Jan 21st 2011 10:36 am

I know...they could have just moved it by 1 week to show some minimal progress at least, but no...it looks like time has stopped completely for them! Ohh, at least I am going to visit my husband in 4 weeks and that keeps me happy for now:)

Shermeen.Adam Jan 21st 2011 5:40 pm

I just received notification that my application has been received! After all the mess over not meeting the residency requirements I'm glad that we were able to get it all cleared up so quickly. I was expecting the application to be returned again for some other reason but at least now I know they're processing it. I know there is still a long wait ahead but at least now we're in the race xx

BrittanyB Feb 4th 2011 8:53 am

OMG, just checked the processing times on the embassy website, and they are now on October 4 :ohmy:! When I began this process, by looking at other people's timelines, it looked like I-130 approval took about 2-2.5 months. Now the time seems to have doubled! Ugh, at this rate it seems like I may as well have filed in the US. I'm guessing my husband certainly won't be getting his visa in that 5 month time period DCF used to follow :thumbdown:

joannabanana Feb 4th 2011 9:16 am

gahhhh! I wonder if there is normally a delay when holidays like christmas/new year occur?

BrittanyB Feb 4th 2011 9:26 am

Originally Posted by joannabanana (Post 9151508)
gahhhh! I wonder if there is normally a delay when holidays like christmas/new year occur?

Yeah, I thought that, but between Jan 20th (last update) and now, I don't think there have been any holidays for them to take off! Unless they have off for MLK day, but I think even that is mid Jan. The week or so off for christmas and new years surely couldn't have cost them a month. Grrr.

katq Feb 4th 2011 9:32 am

I remember the last time they updated it to 1 October was before or after Christmas, in any case last year: grrr...4 days in the last 5 weeks!

Shermeen.Adam Feb 4th 2011 9:37 am

They do take of for MLK day. I'm not sure how many applications they receive and how long it takes to process each one, of course the online time scale doesn't seem realistic. And though it doesn't help, they will get to our applications when they get to them.
Has anyone seen a thread for DCF London October/November filers? Had a quick search but couldn't come up with anything. Maybe watching that might help those who filed in December. And since I filed in January, I'll be watching those of you from December.

BrittanyB Feb 4th 2011 10:03 am

I don't think that they do have a timeline thread for November filers, they do fo Sept/October, so I will be keeping an eye on those. I just feel so frustrated, as I bought tickets to fly home to the USA so I can look for a job in March, when I thought we would only have about 2 2.5 months to be apart, but now it looks like we will be apart for 4 months or more : (

Shermeen.Adam Feb 4th 2011 10:12 am

Originally Posted by BrittanyB (Post 9151616)
I don't think that they do have a timeline thread for November filers, they do fo Sept/October, so I will be keeping an eye on those. I just feel so frustrated, as I bought tickets to fly home to the USA so I can look for a job in March, when I thought we would only have about 2 2.5 months to be apart, but now it looks like we will be apart for 4 months or more : (

My husband left right after we filed so he could get work and get settled over there. I was hoping to be over there for July but now I'm not so sure. We shall see what happens, maybe they'll start moving really fast! xx

BrittanyB Feb 4th 2011 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam (Post 9151638)
maybe they'll start moving really fast! xx

I sure hope so...I wonder if things might speed up in around a month or so. They changed the fee I think on/about Nov 23, and I bet a lot of people sent in their applications with the wrong fee ( I almost did, as I was working off the 'pre-cost change' I-130 checklist), and so maybe there will be a dip in late Nov/early Dec filers, since perhaps many people had their forms sent back and had to re-file with the correct amount. So maybe people who filed w/the correct charge will get through a bit quicker. Ha what a mean thing for me to hope, shows how desperate I am!:ohmy:

ian-mstm Feb 4th 2011 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by BrittanyB (Post 9151456)
When I began this process, by looking at other people's timelines, it looked like I-130 approval took about 2-2.5 months. Now the time seems to have doubled!

Y'know... people think I'm mean when I tell them that they shouldn't bother checking processing times or trying to compare their time line with someone else's. Now you know why! It's not good for your health. Stop it.

Ian

meauxna Feb 4th 2011 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 9151970)
Y'know... people think I'm mean when I tell them that they shouldn't bother checking processing times or trying to compare their time line with someone else's. Now you know why! It's not good for your health. Stop it.

Ian

I know, and this is a main reason we don't use 'timeline' threads here.

I-130s in London take 2 to 2.5 months. You have no idea what you're saving by not going through the NVC, too.

Calmase, everyone. It really will come along in its proper time.