British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/dcf-filing-nov-dec-jan-696908/)

shortperson Mar 29th 2011 12:19 am

Re: DCF Filing in Dec/Jan 2010/2011

So me and my 6yr old had our medicals yesterday. We get down there to find they had me booked in at a different time and date to what they had told me but were very nice about it and told me i was the 3rd person it had happend to today and asked me to come bk a little later and would fit us in. After a bit of a wait we were asked to filll in some additional forms and then they took all the paperwork and created a file. I was then called down for my chest x-ray. After that we were put into a side waiting room where we were called in to have the immunisations done( for those of you it might affect they are nolonger doing the HPV one and all children that had their pre school boosters befor the age of 5 will need a extra tetness etc.) Then we had a long wait and we were finally called in to another room where we talked about medical history, had a eye test, height and weight, blood pressure, top to toe check. ladies the vaginal exam is nothing to worry about they bearly looked. Also had blood taken. I was told if i didnt hear anything then then there was no problem. All in all a good experiance and were brilliant with my daughter. Do expect to be there a couple of hours though.

katq Mar 29th 2011 1:12 am

Re: DCF Filing in Dec/Jan 2010/2011

Originally Posted by shortperson (Post 9271615)
Our approval was posted to my husband. and stated that we would recieve details within 3 weeks of the date on the letter. once i had my case number i booked the medical and sent the form bk from what i can tell you have to download them they dont get sent to you. I have all document i need so i was able to my ready to interview. Also a cover letter containing traval plans and date of medical.

great, thanks for the info! I have every document ready and every form filled in already, so just biting my nails waiting for the approval now:) Although still have to get the I-864 with all supporting papers from my hubby, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks!

classicmds Mar 31st 2011 12:48 am

I-130 DCF November 2010 Filers

Don't see a thread here for November filers, and I'm getting very frustrated at how the process has slowed right up. It's now four and a half months processing time (it was three and a week when I filed, I think) and the last update posted today moved on one processing day since seven days ago. I filed on 22 Nov, so at that rate it's still another six weeks away till they get to me!

Do you think the fee increase around this filing time increased the volume of pre-Nov 30 filers?

Does anyone want to post November updates here so we can keep track of news?

I also see the update page has just put up an advisory saying you should allow 10 months to file. This is new, I think? I need to leave eight and a half months after filing, so I hope I will get it done!

katq Mar 31st 2011 1:13 am

Re: I-130 DCF November 2010 Filers

Mine was filed Nov 15 and I haven't received anything yet, but will post an update as soon as I hear something. It is very frustrating for me too, but not much we can do. I have been preparing for the rest of the process in the meantime and reading this useful forum, so hopefully things will go smooth. No idea why they slowed down, everyone is just speculating now, especially after the new message on the website since last week that petitions should be filed at least 10 months prior to the planned relocation. Let's hope that doesn't mean we will be affected too, but people should post their timelines - that is really helpful!

parkzy Mar 31st 2011 1:13 am

Hi, my wife filed the 9th November and my case was approved 22nd March. Just waiting for case number to be sent to us.

katq Mar 31st 2011 1:36 am

Wow, I emailed the embassy yesterday and I didn't expect a reply at all, but just got a reply to my email:

"Ma'am,

As of March 31, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on November 16, 2010. Your decision is in the mail.

Regards, "

Thank you very much! I hope it comes soon and it's good news:)

parkzy Mar 31st 2011 1:38 am

Originally Posted by katq (Post 9276874)
Wow, I emailed the embassy yesterday and I didn't expect a reply at all, but just got a reply to my email:

"Ma'am,

As of March 31, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on November 16, 2010. Your decision is in the mail.

Regards, "

Thank you very much! I hope it comes soon and it's good news:)

Excellent News !!!

ian-mstm Mar 31st 2011 2:16 am

Originally Posted by classicmds (Post 9276750)
Don't see a thread here for November filers, and I'm getting very frustrated at how the process has slowed right up.

US immigration is a lot like the stock market... past performance is not an indication of future performance. Generally, DCF is about 5 months... and it's been about 5 months for many, many years. Whether things speed up or slow down on occasion is transient. I suggest your frustration stems from a transient moment. The biggest chink in the chain is that you have no idea how many people are in line ahead of you.

Ian

meauxna Mar 31st 2011 4:28 am

Don't see a thread here for November filers

The November people have been in this thread, so I combined yours and gave a new title. If you read the thread, you will see that the processing dates do NOT move forward on a day/day equation, so you can not predict anything about the timing of your case from that.

joannabanana Mar 31st 2011 5:20 am

Don't see a thread here for November filers, and I'm getting very frustrated at how the process has slowed right up. It's now four and a half months processing time (it was three and a week when I filed, I think) and the last update posted today moved on one processing day since seven days ago. I filed on 22 Nov, so at that rate it's still another six weeks away till they get to me!

Do you think the fee increase around this filing time increased the volume of pre-Nov 30 filers?

Does anyone want to post November updates here so we can keep track of news?

I also see the update page has just put up an advisory saying you should allow 10 months to file. This is new, I think? I need to leave eight and a half months after filing, so I hope I will get it done!

I'm a early Dec filer, and I feel your pain! I have a house and a hubby waiting, and a little boy who misses his dad very much, and a family wedding that I'm probably not going to be in, but theres really nothing you can do about it. I've been checking the updates on the website periodically, and meauxana is correct, the website is TOTALLY unpredictable and will leap to another date over a week later, often within days, throwing off all our predictions and slowing driving us all insane. Hang on in there....

shortperson Mar 31st 2011 5:46 am

Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

All we can do is sit tight we all miss our loved ones and have to try to explain the system to our children. not that it makes any sense to us lol. if we keep each other up dated as to where we are at maby we can stop our selves from going crazey.
My time line as is stands so far is Petion i 130 recieved and filed 3rd nov- 4th march petition Approved ( recieved letter10th march) - case number recieved 16th march- 17th march sent forms DS part 1 and DS 2001 ( recieved by embassy 18th march) 28th march had our medicals.
Hopeing to join the husband by the end of may as i caould do with a break b4 our next stint away from eachother lol:D

classicmds Mar 31st 2011 6:14 am

Originally Posted by joannabanana (Post 9277361)
I'm a early Dec filer, and I feel your pain! I have a house and a hubby waiting, and a little boy who misses his dad very much, and a family wedding that I'm probably not going to be in, but theres really nothing you can do about it. I've been checking the updates on the website periodically, and meauxana is correct, the website is TOTALLY unpredictable and will leap to another date over a week later, often within days, throwing off all our predictions and slowing driving us all insane. Hang on in there....

Yeah, I guess I know this really as I have seen it make those leaps before. It just seems to have got generally slower lately, and to only see it move forward a day in a week is frustrating. But I know in my heart there's no pre-guessing it!

classicmds Mar 31st 2011 6:14 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 9277253)
The November people have been in this thread, so I combined yours and gave a new title. If you read the thread, you will see that the processing dates do NOT move forward on a day/day equation, so you can not predict anything about the timing of your case from that.

Thanks meauxna - I'd not found this thread, but this is obviously the place to be!! :)

shortperson Mar 31st 2011 6:27 am

Originally Posted by joannabanana (Post 9277361)

joannabanana i know its hard with a littlen who misses dad i have a 6yr old a 2yr old and a baby just comeing up to 5 months. i told my oldest that we could go see daddy in 3 trips to london i had to take the youngest for her passport/ crba then our medicals now she knows we have one more trip to make then we can go to CA and see daddy. I have also had to tell him our baby has to be tested for epilepsy and alot of other bad news since he went

joannabanana Mar 31st 2011 7:46 am

Originally Posted by shortperson (Post 9277519)
joannabanana i know its hard with a littlen who misses dad i have a 6yr old a 2yr old and a baby just comeing up to 5 months. i told my oldest that we could go see daddy in 3 trips to london i had to take the youngest for her passport/ crba then our medicals now she knows we have one more trip to make then we can go to CA and see daddy. I have also had to tell him our baby has to be tested for epilepsy and alot of other bad news since he went

oh my...... I couldn't imagine going through all of that alone. I can't imaginehow stressful that is for you. I hope you get to go out there VERY soon! I hope your baby is ok?
I only have a five year old, but he misses his dad very much. It's hard to do everything, isn't it?
Where abouts in CA are you going? we are moving to orange county, CA. can't wait!

shortperson Mar 31st 2011 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by joannabanana (Post 9277706)
oh my...... I couldn't imagine going through all of that alone. I can't imaginehow stressful that is for you. I hope you get to go out there VERY soon! I hope your baby is ok?
I only have a five year old, but he misses his dad very much. It's hard to do everything, isn't it?
Where abouts in CA are you going? we are moving to orange county, CA. can't wait!

we are going to edwards. hubby is in the air force.

katq Apr 1st 2011 1:20 am

YES!!! I am coming to report: our petition filed 15 November was approved yesterday, the letter came today!

For those who may wonder: we filed the petition 5 days after the wedding so I thought they might send me RFE, but luckily they didn't - my husband the USC had lived in the country for 3 years prior to this, so may be that's what mattered.

So happy!!! Hope they send the case ref soon then:)

joannabanana Apr 1st 2011 1:31 am

Originally Posted by katq (Post 9279333)
YES!!! I am coming to report: our petition filed 15 November was approved yesterday, the letter came today!

For those who may wonder: we filed the petition 5 days after the wedding so I thought they might send me RFE, but luckily they didn't - my husband the USC had lived in the country for 3 years prior to this, so may be that's what mattered.

Sweet! congratulations! fingers crossed for a speedy case number etc! :thumbup:

shortperson Apr 1st 2011 2:49 am

Originally Posted by katq (Post 9279333)

yay congrats hopefully your case number is on its was soon

katq Apr 1st 2011 3:07 am

Thanks guys! It is finally starting to feel more real:)

shadowmeister Apr 1st 2011 3:53 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have been browsing this thread. We filed in Dec our date is the 22nd. for those of you who have seen your date reached as far as being processed.. how long was it until ou actually heard again from the embassy and then once you send your response that you are ready how long until you got your interview date. also (sorry for so many questions) how much do you pay after the interview. I am the USC and my husband is the UKC. I will go back in August and was hoping he would be ready by then.
thanks in advance.

ian-mstm Apr 1st 2011 4:40 am

Originally Posted by shadowmeister (Post 9279604)
I will go back in August and was hoping he would be ready by then.

If you filed in London in December, then you'll likely be done by the end of May. If you filed to the US, then you'll likely be done by mid-September or so. Keep focussed on the big picture... don't get overly concerned about how many days/weeks from this notice to that notice.

Ian

shadowmeister Apr 1st 2011 4:48 am

thanks. yes we filed in London, but I noticed that the processing dates seemed to have slowed down dramatically since I first started looking.

ian-mstm Apr 1st 2011 6:37 am

Originally Posted by shadowmeister (Post 9279716)
I noticed that the processing dates seemed to have slowed down dramatically since I first started looking.

Don't look! :) It'll be better for your health!

Ian

Shermeen.Adam Apr 1st 2011 9:13 am

I miss my husband. We did the whole long distance thing before and I honestly thought it wouldn't be so bad if he returned to the US to get set up whilst we wait for my approval. Well, its hard. And at the risk of sounding much younger than my age, it is sucky!
I know it's not a good idea to look at the processing dates but it's hard not to. And that evil update to apply 10 months ahead of time is not at all nice.
It's not that I expect to be able to just move there or him here, simply because we're married. I'm aware of immigration laws and the fact that it's a privilege to be allowed to live elsewhere. I just miss my husband. All the process stuff aside, surely everyone here knows that feeling of being without the person they love. No amount of phone calls or skype or emails can make that hurt go away.

:cry_smile:

They have a lot of smilies here...but I'm not sure why that one is called cry_smile...who smiles whilst they cry? Odd.

Brucky Apr 1st 2011 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam (Post 9280229)
I miss my husband. We did the whole long distance thing before and I honestly thought it wouldn't be so bad if he returned to the US to get set up whilst we wait for my approval. Well, its hard. And at the risk of sounding much younger than my age, it is sucky!
I know it's not a good idea to look at the processing dates but it's hard not to. And that evil update to apply 10 months ahead of time is not at all nice.
It's not that I expect to be able to just move there or him here, simply because we're married. I'm aware of immigration laws and the fact that it's a privilege to be allowed to live elsewhere. I just miss my husband. All the process stuff aside, surely everyone here knows that feeling of being without the person they love. No amount of phone calls or skype or emails can make that hurt go away.

:cry_smile:

They have a lot of smilies here...but I'm not sure why that one is called cry_smile...who smiles whilst they cry? Odd.

Unfortunately it is easy for the people who have already been through this process to forget the experience of being apart for so long :(

jeffreyhy Apr 1st 2011 9:29 am

I would say it's fortunate, not unfortunate.

It should be a valuable lesson to those starting out that you will survive and life will in fact go on. We can empathize, but not necessarily sympathize. (Does a former Drill Sergeant make a terrible therapist? (Geico))

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Brucky (Post 9280233)
Unfortunately it is easy for the people who have already been through this process to forget the experience of being apart for so long :(

meauxna Apr 1st 2011 9:37 am

That's unfair and inaccurate. You think we get paid to hang out here? We do not. We do it because we remember all too well what it's like to be confused, overwhelmed and desperately in love and wanting to be together in the same place forever.

If you object to Ian's comment, speak to *him* directly by quoting and addressing his post. I'd encourage you to note the smiley face in his post before you do, though.

If you really feel that it's everyone who has already been through this, well, I don't know what else to say about that right now. The point is, NO one knows how long it will take for the petition approval. If looking at the processing dates gives one anxiety, one should not look at them because that will not help anything and it's not teaching anything either.

I will tell you one thing. This is exactly why I hate 'monthly filer' threads and won't be allowing any more. People seem much happier when they are interacting with the entire forum and comparing notes about their move on a positive sense. These threads keep you focused on the separation, timelines, racing to the interview and cause unhappiness all around. Among other problems.

I'm sure that will read too harsh to some, for that I apologize. It doesn't really bother me what any of you individually do. But I do feel protective of the people who have generously given their time and effort to this forum for whatever their own reasons are. I'd prefer that not everyone be painted with the one brush. Oh, and ask Rene/Noorah101 about time spent apart waiting and observe her grace in life. She's an inspiration to me on many levels.

Shermeen.Adam Apr 1st 2011 9:55 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 9280267)

If you object to Ian's comment, speak to *him* directly by quoting and addressing his post. I'd encourage you to note the smiley face in his post before you do, though.

My post was in no way directed at Ian's comment, otherwise I would have quoted him. Simply put, where else am I going to find a forum with other people in my same situation? I've searched, there are not many long distance/ in the process of UK to US immigration sites out there! lol!

I don't at all believe my post read as judgmental, if it did to some, well I guess I'm not the writer I thought I was.

It's not so much that I'm focused on separation but simply the fact that I am separated from the person I love. Is it crazy that this immigration process would become a central theme in my life. I ask for no sympathy from those who cannot sympathize, perhaps merely some patience. This is a new experience for most of us, Nov/Dec/Jan wasn't that long ago. I'm a little over two months without the husband...maybe it'll get easier...maybe the process will move a little bit faster...in the meantime, I know there will be plenty of tears and frustrations...but wouldn't it be nice to have somewhere to go and express that, knowing that others understand xx

shadowmeister Apr 1st 2011 9:57 am

I am sorry. I didnt mean for my questions to cause this. I was just trying to get a general idea of the markers of the different pieces of this process. I know its never the same for any case. I was just hoping to hear on various peoples' experience. It is helpful to talk to be able to ask people who may be in a similar spot in the timeline. I really appreciate it. Thanks

meauxna Apr 1st 2011 10:08 am

shadowmeister, you can probably gather that information from reading the DCF threads currently running. Look for the July one, whose participants are interviewing etc and are further along than you. IOW, look at what has been posted for examples. Just know that we are now in an unknown time and no one can really predict accurately.
I have been tracking London DCF cases for going on 10 years. They take 4-6 months. For 10 years. Until now. I could tell you what I have always told people, but things are changing. You would only be disappointed when your case didn't follow what has gone before.
You don't need to apologize for asking. However, people's experiences are cataloged in this thread, which is only 10 pages long.

Shermeen, you pulled out my quote as if my comment about Ian was directed to you, but I did not quote you; I'm sure your writing is fine.
Express away, the forum is here for you to share your experiences with each other. But if the generic, plural 'you' complain about something and receive valid advice on how to deal with it, don't shoot the messengers.

There's a long list of things that could be done around here to make the process easier/better for yourselves and the people coming along *behind* you. When I am feeling crappy, it makes me feel better to help someone else. I usually go do some writing or research to share with the group.

Shermeen.Adam Apr 1st 2011 10:32 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 9280310)
shadowmeister, you can probably gather that information from reading the DCF threads currently running. Look for the July one, whose participants are interviewing etc and are further along than you. IOW, look at what has been posted for examples. Just know that we are now in an unknown time and no one can really predict accurately.
I have been tracking London DCF cases for going on 10 years. They take 4-6 months. For 10 years. Until now. I could tell you what I have always told people, but things are changing. You would only be disappointed when your case didn't follow what has gone before.
You don't need to apologize for asking. However, people's experiences are cataloged in this thread, which is only 10 pages long.

Shermeen, you pulled out my quote as if my comment about Ian was directed to you, but I did not quote you; I'm sure your writing is fine.
Express away, the forum is here for you to share your experiences with each other. But if the generic, plural 'you' complain about something and receive valid advice on how to deal with it, don't shoot the messengers.

There's a long list of things that could be done around here to make the process easier/better for yourselves and the people coming along *behind* you. When I am feeling crappy, it makes me feel better to help someone else. I usually go do some writing or research to share with the group.

Well, you know what they say about when you assume! lol! It was my assumption since I followed Ian's post that your post was directed at me. But you are correct, I was not quoted. And I can only apologise.

In my relationship, I'm a problem solver. If my husband has something bothering him, rather than just letting him vent I instantly come up with ways to fix it. Which of course drives him crazy because all he wants to do is vent. That is exactly the stage I am in. Just the stage, where this situation sucks and I want to hear from others who will regress back to being 18 and saying the word "sucky" because nothing else comes close to how rubbish the situation is...of course, if you know a grown up word for sucky, please let me know because I'm certain if I use that word one more time in this thread someone will want to slap me! :)

I do find ways to occupy my lonely london time with things that I cannot do if approved to move stateside. Like spending time with family and friends. I do have the most adorable nieces and nephew. And I'm taking the time to refresh my shorthand and German. But it's Friday night...date night if you will...and I'm sat at home online whilst my husband is in Walmart. Miss the Friday nights that involved dressing up, seeing a movie and overindulging on Italian foods! xx

As a side note, this spell check wants to change all my "English" words to "American"...I don't like the idea of using a "Zee" when really it's an S! Oh and I was making like of the fact that Americans say "Zee" and not "Z"....too many air quotes, I feel like Joey from Friends (tell me you've seen that episode!).

Noorah101 Apr 1st 2011 11:09 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 9280267)
Oh, and ask Rene/Noorah101 about time spent apart waiting and observe her grace in life. She's an inspiration to me on many levels.

Thank you, meauxna. ***blush***

Brucky, since meauxna mentioned me, I'll tell you my story, although you might already know it if you've read some of my posts. I became serious with my fiance in 2001 (after meeting in person briefly in Turkey in 1997). After a 2-year long distance relationship on the phone (no email, no chats, no skype), we decided to get formally engaged and start his immigration process. So we saw each other again in Turkey in 2003, and I started his K-1 fiance paperwork. It took 14 months for that to process (waiting times were longer back then and also because of his Iranian nationality he spent 3 or 4 months in a security check). We continued talking by phone (no email, no chats, no skype) during those 14 months, but we didn't physically see each other. He couldn't get a visitor's visa to the USA, and I was saving up so I could go to Turkey for his visa interview. We saw each other again in 2004 for his visa interview...he got approved and we returned to the USA together. We got married 2 weeks after his arrival, and then a week later he found work in Los Angeles (we live in Phoenix). Because of the specialized nature of his career, he can only find clients in a few major cities, LA being the closest one. So, ever since he arrived in 2004, up until today, he works 3 or 4 weeks at a time in LA and then comes home for a long weekend. So even though he lives in the USA now, we still only see each other a few days a month. For various reasons, we can't live in LA and he can't find work in Phoenix, so the situation is what it is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the 14 months we spent apart during his visa process only made our relationship stronger. We ran the gamut of emotions, saw each other through ups and downs, and still survived...and were better, stronger people because of it. And with his work situation the way it is, yes we spend a lot of time apart (still), but we are ever grateful he is only a 1-hour flight away, instead of halfway around the world.

I was on BE back then as well, watching all the people from Europe get their visas in 6 months, 8 months, 10 months, a year....and I continued to hang on and wait. Yes, it was frustrating. But what can you do? I knew it was just a matter of time, and our turn would come...and indeed it did. I admit I have a hard time understanding couples who complain about being apart for only a few months. That's just a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of your lives together...which also may include time apart anyway, if one of you has to go to another state for work or something.

I hope you get your case sorted out soon, though, I really do...I totally do understand the frustration. Just stay focused, keep busy, and try to think of the immigration process as a sort of positive adventure. :)

Rene

meauxna Apr 1st 2011 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam (Post 9280339)
Well, you know what they say about when you assume! lol! It was my assumption since I followed Ian's post that your post was directed at me. But you are correct, I was not quoted. And I can only apologise.

In my relationship, I'm a problem solver. If my husband has something bothering him, rather than just letting him vent I instantly come up with ways to fix it. Which of course drives him crazy because all he wants to do is vent. That is exactly the stage I am in. Just the stage, where this situation sucks and I want to hear from others who will regress back to being 18 and saying the word "sucky" because nothing else comes close to how rubbish the situation is...of course, if you know a grown up word for sucky, please let me know because I'm certain if I use that word one more time in this thread someone will want to slap me! :)

hahah.. well (the red) think of me as the you in our relationship. :wub:
Only what I'm saying is, maybe the venting isn't a good place to get stuck. All I can say is, remember that I've observed thousands of couples go through this (I'm not kidding) online. I have seen what makes people ultimately happy, or unhappy.
I do feel if you focus on the positives, you will make positive things happen.

The adult conjugation of 'sucky' is 'the suck'.
"This sewer bill is the suck" she observed, seeing that rates went up 54%.
:D

As a side note, this spell check wants to change all my "English" words to "American"...I don't like the idea of using a "Zee" when really it's an S! Oh and I was making like of the fact that Americans say "Zee" and not "Z"....too many air quotes, I feel like Joey from Friends (tell me you've seen that episode!).
Do you mean "zed"? What are you, Canadian? Time to assimilate! Zee, zee, zee!!!!! :lol:

Shermeen.Adam Apr 1st 2011 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 9280524)
hahah.. well (the red) think of me as the you in our relationship. :wub:
Only what I'm saying is, maybe the venting isn't a good place to get stuck. All I can say is, remember that I've observed thousands of couples go through this (I'm not kidding) online. I have seen what makes people ultimately happy, or unhappy.
I do feel if you focus on the positives, you will make positive things happen.

The adult conjugation of 'sucky' is 'the suck'.
"This sewer bill is the suck" she observed, seeing that rates went up 54%.
:D

Do you mean "zed"? What are you, Canadian? Time to assimilate! Zee, zee, zee!!!!! :lol:

Lol! Z is "zed" there should be no other way of saying it. Besides, if I want to remain exotic once I move stateside, have to keep the British accent!

I dont think it's the distance itself that is eating at me, just a lot of changes in such a short space of time (my life specifically) and my husband does give the most amazing hugs. If I could have one of them it'd make the world of difference after a difficult day xx

joannabanana Apr 1st 2011 8:15 pm

well, if it's any consolation, the short sharp slap provided to me by ian-mstm, meauxana and all the other knowledgeables on here when I was having a paddy about processing times made me cut out the whining and accept it for what it is. (comparible to my 5 year old throwing a wobbler when he is not given a jam doughnut. husband might not appreciate jam doughnut comparison, but hey, he's not here!:lol:)
This place is invaluable for advice, and when I'm feeling lonely or down about my situation, I find it helpful to read through posts/threads in the general info section to see if I can offer any help there. You'll read many stories where others are having a much harder time than we are.
Stay busy, and time will soon fly by...and things would be so much worse if we were stuck inside with crappy weather, at least spring is here and the days are a little brighter. (not as bright as sunny CA though.....:sneaky:)

shortperson Apr 1st 2011 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by joannabanana (Post 9280807)
well, if it's any consolation, the short sharp slap provided to me by ian-mstm, meauxana and all the other knowledgeables on here when I was having a paddy about processing times made me cut out the whining and accept it for what it is. (comparible to my 5 year old throwing a wobbler when he is not given a jam doughnut. husband might not appreciate jam doughnut comparison, but hey, he's not here!:lol:)
This place is invaluable for advice, and when I'm feeling lonely or down about my situation, I find it helpful to read through posts/threads in the general info section to see if I can offer any help there. You'll read many stories where others are having a much harder time than we are.
Stay busy, and time will soon fly by...and things would be so much worse if we were stuck inside with crappy weather, at least spring is here and the days are a little brighter. (not as bright as sunny CA though.....:sneaky:)

With the weather stateside my hubby says to me last night im sorry you all have colds and flu but if it makes you feel anybetter its 90 degrees out and i had to turn on the air conditioning. :) like i want to know about that lol. I do think though this process is made to feel 10 times longer when you have children who dont understand it all and you have to deal with the " i want my daddy/ mummy all day long" Like i said to my mother in law the other evening im handing in there but im also getting very tired of waiting for other people to make the decisions in my life for me. Right now paitence and support are our best friends:)

Shermeen.Adam Apr 1st 2011 11:05 pm

Well, for someone who likes to be in control (I sure do!) the process of having someone else make the decision of if and when you get to move on to the next stage of you life is difficult. I like to make a plan, then make it happen. And I am not a patient person, you should see me in the grocery store, I do not appreciate lines nor do I appreciate slow people at the check out. Thank goodness most places have those self service areas, you don't even have to talk to anyone! lol! I think my husband is much better suited to this immigration process than I am, he's more of a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of guy.

I think ultimately I just expected the whole process to move along a little quicker. Then again, my only frame of immigration reference is when my husband moved over here, which was super quick. A couple of months and he was approved. And of course guides which said DCF is 6 months. Which, I haven't been waiting six months and I've been preparing to wait about 8 months...Am I really getting into a tizz over a possible two months more?

I'm not sure about this hottest summer on record we're supposed to have, they say that every year, no? I'm not seeing much Spring weather in my part of London. Its looking very grey out my window. British weather is 100% up and down, I think it shall not be missed by me. Ever since spring has started I've been trying to get a grip on it, jacket or no jacket. Umbrella or no umbrella and of course, I always get it wrong.

As a side note, I went on those new metropolitan line trains yesterday. Very nice. And about time they got some aircon on the trains. I realise they've been running for some months now but I haven't taken the train in awhile and was very impressed. I was looking around the carriage wondering why nobody else was in awe!

shortperson Apr 2nd 2011 4:40 am

i have all the required docs for the interview but i have noticed so others takeing extra stuff with them should i be prepared with other paperwork?

meauxna Apr 2nd 2011 5:13 am

Originally Posted by shortperson (Post 9281307)
i have all the required docs for the interview but i have noticed so others takeing extra stuff with them should i be prepared with other paperwork?

What extra stuff did you notice?