Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Dec 14th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

BrittanyB is on a distinguished road
Default DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Just wanted to make a thread for people filing DCF in December 2010 and Jan 2011. I am a USC and just sent the I-130 application for my husband last week, fingers crossed!
Old Dec 14th 2010, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Qube is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF Filing in Dec/Jan 2010/2011

I'm the UKC and we're hoping to have ours in the post by the end of the week!

Good luck!
Old Dec 14th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, you too! Since I almost made this mistake, you have heard the news that the fee is not $355 anymore, correct? I didn't find this out until the day I was planning on posting the form, and then had to go about getting another International money order
Old Dec 14th 2010, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain! Hoepfully work will pay anyway... I have an American Express card so will be paying with that, sorry you had to go through the bother of another international money order.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ok so that's the I-130 in the post!

I'm the UKC (but did most the donkey work with the forms), wife is USC, have job offer in New York (same company, so thankfully same income source will hopefully help our I-864 when I get round to looking at that), hoping to bo over there for September.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Woohoo! Good luck, keep me posted on updates!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Had confirmation yesterday that the embassy have received the petition
Old Jan 1st 2011, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Fihcurry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fellow DCFers!

I am a UKC, my husband (of 3 years) is a USC. We are highjacking this thread as we are late Nov filers but can't find a similar thread for us. We figured that you guys might find it helpful to find out when we get our responses!

The London Embassy received and filed our I-130 on the 22nd Nov, payment was taken from our credit card on the same day.

No other news to report as yet but figuring on mid-late Feb for NOA (thinking positively) going by other timeline threads.

Will keep you informed of our progress....
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Please do! That's great you had payment taken on the same day...ours was filed on Dec 6 and they did not take payment until Dec 23! I might be because we paid via international bank draft and not credit card. Good luck, keep us posted
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:34 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of clarification - the London USCIS office received your I-130. The USCIS office is located within the embassy compound, but remains part of the Department of Homeland Security not Department of State.

The difference may not be significant to the petitioner in most cases, but on occasion it might be.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Fihcurry
The London Embassy received and filed our I-130 on the 22nd Nov, ...
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Hello everyone. I filed in november but the letter I received having sent in my I-130 stated it had been received and marked as filed on December 9th. I am hoping to get out there for mid May - family wedding that I hope to attend - am I being too optomistic that I might be able to get there in time?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Fihcurry is an unknown quantity at this point

We were trying to be optimistic too and hoped that we would be over in the States by April but the more we read the more it seems that around 6 months is the norm. We've told the American family probably not April, maybe May but most likely June

We're getting our documentation ready and applying for police certificate etc now so that we're ready as soon as we get the nod for the next stage.

Last edited by Fihcurry; Jan 4th 2011 at 12:42 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

I agree, based solely on reading other folk's timelines, I would think that mid-May might be cutting it a bit close, at it seems a 6 month wait is what is to be expected. There is definitely still hope, but I wouldn't buy the plane tickets just yet!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 4:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.. I've been tracking London DCF cases for years.. 5 months is a more usual average (frequently to the day!), so make sure you're ready with that reply when your first letter comes from the Consulate!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

I'm hoping to get my ACRO police report application sent off by the end of the week and also drop a letter into to my GP asking for my vaccination records as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.