British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/dcf-filing-nov-dec-jan-696908/)

Psychosleftpeg Jun 12th 2011 12:13 am

Re: DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Congratulations :)!!!

Sounds like it was very straight forward in the end, glad it went so smoothly for you - and that the train wasn't delayed :D

When are you heading back to the States?

parkzy Jun 12th 2011 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Psychosleftpeg (Post 9427438)
Congratulations :)!!!

Sounds like it was very straight forward in the end, glad it went so smoothly for you - and that the train wasn't delayed :D

When are you heading back to the States?

Well, in my eyes it was a pretty straightforward day.
The staff in the embassy were great which helped things somewhat.

The plan is to move in late Aug/Sept as I have to finish work and we are currently selling our apartment.
But with the way selling property is concerned it could be Oct/Nov...I hope not.

JennaB Jun 12th 2011 3:17 pm

Congratulations Parkzy!

Could I ask if the immigration officer asked to see your wife's birth certificate? I have been reading through the forums, and there seems to be a question as to wether on not you must bring your spouse's birth certificate to the interview in addition to your own.

parkzy Jun 12th 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by JennaB (Post 9428614)
Congratulations Parkzy!

Could I ask if the immigration officer asked to see your wife's birth certificate? I have been reading through the forums, and there seems to be a question as to whether on not you must bring your spouse's birth certificate to the interview in addition to your own.

Thanks Jenna, they didn't ask for my wife's BC but they could have.
Strange how I was able to use UK passport style photos on the day....!!
The woman who collected my documents at the first window was rather happy....probably because it was Friday !
Ryan.

NicholasAdrian Jun 12th 2011 8:43 pm

Re: DCF Filing in Dec/Jan 2010/2011

Originally Posted by BrittanyB (Post 9075695)
I agree, based solely on reading other folk's timelines, I would think that mid-May might be cutting it a bit close, at it seems a 6 month wait is what is to be expected. There is definitely still hope, but I wouldn't buy the plane tickets just yet!

Just to say that the latest time advice on Filing in London is to allow ten months for the process. My wife USC has just filed an I-130 and our intended move is June 2012, so lets hope thats good enough time.

oliver22 Jun 13th 2011 3:30 am

June 2012 sounds realistic, I filled my I130 5 months ago now and haven't heard a peep

NicholasAdrian Jun 13th 2011 3:54 am

I'm assuming you've had confirmation that the I130 was approved and its now waiting with USCIS?

oliver22 Jun 13th 2011 4:04 am

Nope really not heard anything, if its approved, if I have to give more evidence if its denied, although I'm sure it wont be

shadowmeister Jun 13th 2011 4:08 am

Originally Posted by oliver22 (Post 9429868)
Nope really not heard anything, if its approved, if I have to give more evidence if its denied, although I'm sure it wont be

it took 5 months until we first heard something and it was a request for evidence and now it has been nearly a month and still not approved that we know of. but there are some who already have their visas and started the same time as we did. :)

Shermeen.Adam Jun 13th 2011 4:16 am

Originally Posted by shadowmeister (Post 9429871)
it took 5 months until we first heard something and it was a request for evidence and now it has been nearly a month and still not approved that we know of. but there are some who already have their visas and started the same time as we did. :)

Its almost a month since you sent in the requested evidence...have they contacted you to say they received it or have you contacted them to get an update?
I think this process is a lesson in patience and my goodness do I need one! lol! I suppose once you're certain they've received your evidence, the only thing to do it wait. I truly hope they approve you soon, especially since in your case their wasn't an obvious reason why they might want additional evidence.:)

Can't wait until everyone in this thread is on the other side of the Atlantic :fingerscrossed:

shadowmeister Jun 13th 2011 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam (Post 9429882)
Its almost a month since you sent in the requested evidence...have they contacted you to say they received it or have you contacted them to get an update?
I think this process is a lesson in patience and my goodness do I need one! lol! I suppose once you're certain they've received your evidence, the only thing to do it wait. I truly hope they approve you soon, especially since in your case their wasn't an obvious reason why they might want additional evidence.:)

Can't wait until everyone in this thread is on the other side of the Atlantic :fingerscrossed:

Yes we did email them last monday and they responded saying they have recieved my response and that the I-130 would be 'completed' within the next week, I hope that will mean 'approved' but its not what the email said.
Anyway, so far we havent gotten anything. We're hopeful that anyday now we will. .. Thanks :)

Lisa A Burrows Jun 13th 2011 8:18 am

Hi again, would anyone know if my UKC hubby can purchase a one way ticket with us when we move to the states in August? We want to buy our tickets but I am a bit doubtful that he will obtain his visa by then, especially since we filed our I-130 on Jan 25th and have not heard anything.

Even if he is not finished with the process we would like him to help us relocate, if he purchases a one-way then when he knows when he has to come back he can purchase a ticket from the US. Without a doubt he knows he must come back within 90days! Any advice would be most helpful (I hope my question is not confusing).

meauxna Jun 13th 2011 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows (Post 9430271)
Hi again, would anyone know if my UKC hubby can purchase a one way ticket with us when we move to the states in August? We want to buy our tickets but I am a bit doubtful that he will obtain his visa by then, especially since we filed our I-130 on Jan 25th and have not heard anything.

Even if he is not finished with the process we would like him to help us relocate, if he purchases a one-way then when he knows when he has to come back he can purchase a ticket from the US. Without a doubt he knows he must come back within 90days! Any advice would be most helpful (I hope my question is not confusing).

A return ticket is a requirement for VWP admission.

lansbury Jun 13th 2011 9:34 am

Hi again, would anyone know if my UKC hubby can purchase a one way ticket with us when we move to the states in August?

As meauxna says a return is required. A return is cheaper than a one way. Buy a return with an open return date, or better buy a return with a date within the 90 days but one that can be easily changed.

Shermeen.Adam Jun 13th 2011 10:11 am

I hope to be gone by the end of August and I filed Jan 21st. Of course, we've heard nothing either but I'm keeping the dream alive! lol! Your petition might also have been sent to Rome like some others but I'm hopeful to hear something within the next two weeks :fingerscrossed:

I've found that buying returns are cheaper that one way tickets (which hardly seems to make sense) but you can always pick a date and change it when required xx