Wolf/Dog Hybrids

Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:33 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wolf/Dog Hybrids

Originally Posted by Alan2005
He's badly bred you know Dogs outside the exact specifications of the breed standard can't really be shown at dog shows. If our dog is pure husky (which I doubt) then it's probably why he was a stray - the breeder/owner may well have just turfed him out for not meeting the specs.

Seriously, owners of nordic breed dogs can be a funny bunch. This missus reads a couple of husky forums and they all think they are special because looking after one is supposedly more difficult than other dogs and only they can do it because of their amazing 'bond' with the dog. It's all bollocks of course, they are just the same as any other dog of similar size to look after.
Originally Posted by Alphawolf
Ookaay here we go,

Huskies are not the same as any other breed of similar size, ie Labrador, german shepherd, etc. Try to train a Husky like other breeds and you WILL be shown the middle paw (if they had one). You cannot have these dogs off leash, their inbuilt desire to run is too high. They are known for their stubborness, lack of loyalty (although I dont agree with this), destructive behaviour ( applies to any dog with large teeth left unattended for any length of time without suitable distractions).
We do not pretend to be any more special because we can look after these dogs because of our bond, we look after these dogs because they are our family, we love them as such and put up with their indescretions as such.
They are a special type of breed and as such should not be taken on if you want to have your dog off lead, to pander to your every command, to not shed copious amounts of fur.
fish meet bait

I've met your dog Caz - if you spell 'ard - s t u p i d - then yup Scooby's your man (he's a sweetie).

Our Springer is called Cash, apparently because working dogs need short names so they are easy to call.

For the amount of work he does he may as well be called - dumbsh1tmcretardton of bumb*****nowhereAlberta.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:36 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

here we go - doesnt really show his leggyness tho
Attached Thumbnails Wolf/Dog Hybrids-img_2904.jpg   Wolf/Dog Hybrids-img_0696.jpg   Wolf/Dog Hybrids-img_1194.jpg  
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:50 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Indeedy Moo - my 2 are affectionately referred to as dumb n dumber!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:23 am
half a century

How bout using this ? I am contemplating it http://www.dnamydog.com/
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:02 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alphawolf
Ookaay here we go,

Huskies are not the same as any other breed of similar size, ie Labrador, german shepherd, etc. Try to train a Husky like other breeds and you WILL be shown the middle paw (if they had one). You cannot have these dogs off leash, their inbuilt desire to run is too high. They are known for their stubborness, lack of loyalty (although I dont agree with this), destructive behaviour ( applies to any dog with large teeth left unattended for any length of time without suitable distractions).
We do not pretend to be any more special because we can look after these dogs because of our bond, we look after these dogs because they are our family, we love them as such and put up with their indescretions as such.
They are a special type of breed and as such should not be taken on if you want to have your dog off lead, to pander to your every command, to not shed copious amounts of fur.

So the guy a couple of doors down with a Husky is doing it all wrong then? He was off leash at the dog park this weekend, looked like pretty good recall to me too.

There are lots of dog breeds out there that are stubborn and more difficult to train than other breeds, doesn't mean it cannot be done, it just takes more work. Chows for example are not know for their roles in agility, yet I know of one family that have taught a couple of their chows.

I also wouldn't say a lab is an easy dog to train either, not looking at the ones we meet around here, rambunctious out of control snarly things...But then it could be just the owners lack of interest
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:26 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
So the guy a couple of doors down with a Husky is doing it all wrong then? He was off leash at the dog park this weekend, looked like pretty good recall to me too.

There are lots of dog breeds out there that are stubborn and more difficult to train than other breeds, doesn't mean it cannot be done, it just takes more work. Chows for example are not know for their roles in agility, yet I know of one family that have taught a couple of their chows.

I also wouldn't say a lab is an easy dog to train either, not looking at the ones we meet around here, rambunctious out of control snarly things...But then it could be just the owners lack of interest
word. My tiny morkie regularly gives me the finger by refusing to sleep anywhere but the couch (which he is banned from)(I had to kick him off again this morning) and also suffers from selective deafness.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a malamute to me. I've got a couple of friends who keep them and race them and your dog looks just like them. Beautiful animal, I hope you guys have a long friendship.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:39 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Looks like a malamute to me. I've got a couple of friends who keep them and race them and your dog looks just like them. Beautiful animal, I hope you guys have a long friendship.
I believe all Malamutes have brown eyes.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:55 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
word. My tiny morkie regularly gives me the finger by refusing to sleep anywhere but the couch (which he is banned from)(I had to kick him off again this morning) and also suffers from selective deafness.
That might be because to a dog, human speech probably just sounds like annoying barking.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GavinR
I believe all Malamutes have brown eyes.
Interesting, my friend's mal's have brown eyes.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:33 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Wolf/Dog Hybrids

Originally Posted by Piff Poff

completely agree, ive a friend here in the UK who has 2 huskys and both are more often than not off the lead. We used to own a rescue beagle and were always told youll never be able to let him off the lead, he will never come back if you call him he is a hound a hunter his nose will take over and he will never respond to commands. I have to say that all the people who told up this were wrong on all accounts, i think it depends on the dog and how they are treated.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:35 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
That might be because to a dog, human speech probably just sounds like annoying barking.
haha, which is funny because he is freaking annoying when he barks. We clearly deserve each other.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arniedog
completely agree, ive a friend here in the UK who has 2 huskys and both are more often than not off the lead. We used to own a rescue beagle and were always told youll never be able to let him off the lead, he will never come back if you call him he is a hound a hunter his nose will take over and he will never respond to commands. I have to say that all the people who told up this were wrong on all accounts, i think it depends on the dog and how they are treated.
Totally agree with this. I've been around a number of huskies that are good off leash and have good recall. It's definitely down to the individual dog and owner.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:36 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Wolf/Dog Hybrids

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
have to say that the middle picture does look a bit like scooby doo
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

ek84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Your black lab looks just like I think mine will when she's all grown up, got the same face

Scooby looks huge sitting next to the lab, I can see why you would call him part horse!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.