Trudeau

Old Sep 20th 2019, 3:27 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trudeau

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I'd wait until you have an attack of insomnia that you're trying to overcome, if I were you
Mad Max the climate change denier - enough said. Very odd name for a party considering his political persuasion.

Old Sep 20th 2019, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Indeed Siouxie......but you do know that these days people enjoy getting offended! Its a new competition to see who can get the most offended!

I am no fan Trudeau, but I don't see this as racist....its just something for offended party to get offended about. Im sorry if this post "offended" anyone. I also breathed a few times as I was writing this post....I hope that didn't offend anyone either.
I think the whole point is his blatant hypocrisy. You know fine well if that had been Sheer, or anyone in his own caucus, they would have been facing calls to resign and would have been called all the pejorative names under the sun. Slap it into him, as far as I am concerned.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 5:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tumbling_Dice
I think the whole point is his blatant hypocrisy. You know fine well if that had been Sheer, or anyone in his own caucus, they would have been facing calls to resign and would have been called all the pejorative names under the sun.
I don't think this is the case. I think that, for Conservatives, racism and homophobia are routine and acceptable. This brownface matter is a bad thing because Trudeau's doing it and he's claimed to be better than that. For Scheer, Kenney and the like, it's usual...

"Scheer will stand by candidates with racist, homophobic past"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...lane-1.5284304

I can't imagine the Conservatives benefitting from this, if you think Trudeau's racist and don't like that, you're not going to vote for a party that's more racist. The Greens or the NDP might gain.

Last edited by dbd33; Sep 20th 2019 at 5:35 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 5:42 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

This is an artificial argument, artificial because this minefield has so many aspects to it.
On the one hand you have the grotesque practice of slavery and the idea that the act of blacking one's face is in some way an act of resurrecting this into today's society.
On the other hand, you have the practice of simply dressing up to look like someone else.
How can we identify what's in the minds of those that do it?
Are we, ourselves, guilty of judging others by our own questionable moral standards?
How, for example, should we judge the mind of a white actor playing Othello?
Is he 'blacking' to play the part or is he in some darker place?
If we insist on his playing a black Othello by purposely remaining white, could he then be accused of being in denial of the existence of the darker race?
Trudeau could not have imagined at the time what impact his actions could have on his subsequent career.
I would argue that we should be more upset at the dynastic impact Trudeau introduces into Canadian political standards than of a grainy photo of a man blacking up as Aladdin.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
This is an artificial argument, artificial because this minefield has so many aspects to it.
On the one hand you have the grotesque practice of slavery and the idea that the act of blacking one's face is in some way an act of resurrecting this into today's society.
On the other hand, you have the practice of simply dressing up to look like someone else.
How can we identify what's in the minds of those that do it?
Are we, ourselves, guilty of judging others by our own questionable moral standards?
How, for example, should we judge the mind of a white actor playing Othello?
Is he 'blacking' to play the part or is he in some darker place?
If we insist on his playing a black Othello by purposely remaining white, could he then be accused of being in denial of the existence of the darker race?
Trudeau could not have imagined at the time what impact his actions could have on his subsequent career.
I would argue that we should be more upset at the dynastic impact Trudeau introduces into Canadian political standards than of a grainy photo of a man blacking up as Aladdin.
What he said.........
Old Sep 20th 2019, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem Trudeau has is he is inevitably being judged by his own standards. Difficult to see how he could complain about that or be asked to be judged by standards he does not hold.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Trudeau tries to shift focus from brownface images to gun control

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...to-gun-control

In the US that would be called doing a Beto, not sure if that translates. Basically reeks of desperation.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 6:26 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

In the US that would be called doing a Beto, not sure if that translates. Basically reeks of desperation.
Yeah. Thankfully we're not in the US. We can have sensible conversations about firearms here.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how it's desperation that he wants to bring the focus back to actual political policies before an election instead of some poor judgement calls from his past.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 6:35 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone here remember collecting the Robinson's jam badges as a kid?
Old Sep 20th 2019, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Interestingly discontinued in 2002 which kind of highlights how the early 2000s were a somewhat transitional time for political-correct awareness.

I also remember a skit on an episode of TV Burp around that time where Harry Hill "browned up" to play Dev from Coronation St. I remember my mum remarking at the time that it was a bit un-PC to do that :P

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Sep 20th 2019 at 6:54 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2019, 6:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Robertson's; we didn't have it here, but:

Old Sep 20th 2019, 8:55 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Surprising how many people on a Facebook group I am on think black face in a costume related setting is fine in 2001 yet all in the family, in the 70’s was very bad
Old Sep 21st 2019, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think this is the case. I think that, for Conservatives, racism and homophobia are routine and acceptable. This brownface matter is a bad thing because Trudeau's doing it and he's claimed to be better than that. For Scheer, Kenney and the like, it's usual...

"Scheer will stand by candidates with racist, homophobic past"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...lane-1.5284304

I can't imagine the Conservatives benefitting from this, if you think Trudeau's racist and don't like that, you're not going to vote for a party that's more racist. The Greens or the NDP might gain.
Mate, all due respect, I have read some drivel in my time, but that takes some beating.

Hypocrisy is the point here... Trudeau, and those like him (such as social media rent-a-mobs), crucify people for past "mistakes". Trudeau groped some wee lass, didn't he? He has been found in breech of ethical standards, hasn't he? He has seemingly mocked indigenous people, has he not? He sacked two women from his caucus, did he not? And he is an embarrassment on the world stage. He wants to have his cake and eat it re oil pipelines. I am not yet a citizen so, frankly, I do not care. But any suggestion you have that Trudeau is a fit PM over a Conservative, on this basis, is ludicrous.

I could not give a stuff if the Conservatives benefit or not, but it is the Liberal lot that started out with the character attacks and bringing up past "mistakes". There is nothing homphobic, for example, about supporting the traditional view of marriage. Believe it or not, you can have that view and also support the basic human dignity of LGBTQ people.

And, finally, on Scheer will stand by those with racist, homophobic past. Are you standing by Tudeau with his racist past, his misogynistic past and present, and his breech of ethics? Catch yourself on... If Trudeau has set the bar high, he himself needs to meet it at least, or he has to go down like he and his ilk would have others do.
Old Sep 21st 2019, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

jeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

Hi
seems to show what someone will do just to get re elected again

not sure i want a PM who gives that impression to the world

last time it was anyone but harper

maybe it will be anyone but trudeau this time

cheers J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.