Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trudeau

Even hit the Graun

We Charity closes Canada operations after scandal linked to Trudeau family

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...trudeau-family
Old Sep 10th 2020, 2:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

He is prepping for an election I think.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
He is prepping for an election I think.
Trudeau? Can he call an early one, did you not just have one?
Old Sep 10th 2020, 3:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Trudeau? Can he call an early one, did you not just have one?
Elections can be called early, and having a minority government increases the chances of early elections.

There is a throne speech on September 23, and Confidence vote, if the vote fails it could trigger an election.

He say's he doesn't want an election, but I am not entirely sure about that.

Old Sep 10th 2020, 3:49 am
Account Closed

Elections can be called early, and having a minority government increases the chances of early elections.

There is a throne speech on September 23, and Confidence vote, if the vote fails it could trigger an election.

Did not know, seems with all the dirt out there he might want to give it some time.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Conservatives can't force an election on their own, they would need the votes of the NDP (at least) and NDP are too broke to contest a federal election right now. Even then the Conservatives are behind in the polls and the likely outcome is another Liberal minority. I don't see anyone wanting an election right now.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bc2015
Well Conservatives can't force an election on their own, they would need the votes of the NDP (at least) and NDP are too broke to contest a federal election right now. Even then the Conservatives are behind in the polls and the likely outcome is another Liberal minority. I don't see anyone wanting an election right now.
One of those we may be in a bad situation bit so are our opponents and everybody sits on their hands.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bc2015
Not wanting an election doesn't mean other parties will support the Liberal plan, NDP has a list of must haves apparently before they will support the Liberals, but maybe JT can pull it off and avoid an election.

Old Sep 10th 2020, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

I generally don't believe a word he says, so likely an early election. The electable alternatives aren't great but I wouldn't be upset if we were to see the last of Justin Trudeau. His smugness knows no bounds.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 4:39 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I generally don't believe a word he says, so likely an early election. The electable alternatives aren't great but I wouldn't be upset if we were to see the last of Justin Trudeau. His smugness knows no bounds.
For all his bluster as the newly elected leader, I seriously doubt Erin O'Toole would relish an election any time soon. His positioning for his leadership election (not as socially conservative and frothing loon as Leslyn Lewis, not as red-tory as Peter MacKay) is unlikely to sustain a large national vote in a general election: he'd likely carry the same seats in the prairies, but really doesn't have broad appeal outside the conservative heartlands. It's clear from the vote counts in the leadership election that he won support largely from Lewis' second-preference votes after she was eliminated; this tipped him over the winning line after MacKay had been ahead in almost every province and territory through the first two rounds. He would need to soften his positions on a number of social issues - and bring his caucus of socially conservative MPs from AB and SK along with him - and he'd need time to do that.

Jagmeet Singh had a disastrous election last year, losing ten seats from the already-reduced number he had inherited from Mulcair, itself down from the Orange Wave that had pushed the NDP to official opposition status under Jack Layton. The party has been haemmorhaging members and funds, and don't appear to be in any fit state to fight an election.

Added to which, of course, Parliament hasn't actually sat much since the last general election; reduced functioning through the early part of this year and then the summer recess have meant that it's government stuff (and, of course, the We Charity scandal) that have been making headlines, rather than parliamentary politics. For sure, people are fed up with Trudeau, but it's my impression, from where I sit in a marginal Lib/Con riding in suburban southern Ontario, that there would be a lot of push-back against any party that forces a confidence issue and catapults the country into another election before a greater semblance of normality returns.

I also get the impression that, in the main, people think Trudeau's actually done a reasonable job of leadership through the coronavirus pandemic. Yes, they're fed up with the crap that goes along with cronyism and the "Ottawa bubble" but that doesn't actually affect anybody on a day-to-day basis in the real world, and there's a strong sense that the other lot would be no better. But that would likely be the case whatever political colour the government wears: here in ON, despite a lot of misgivings about the same sort of cronyism, and strong criticism of his education minister in particular and his tergiversations over the back-to-school policy, many people who would never have voted for Doug Ford think he, too, has done pretty well steering us through the current crisis.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I think at some point the liberal party will get rid of him. There has to be a moment when a line is crossed, one would have thought.

I can't see the conservatives winning an election as they don't appear to have compelling policies for anything.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 10:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
many people who would never have voted for Doug Ford think he, too, has done pretty well steering us through the current crisis.
No kidding! From looking like Tony Soprano to a half decent leader is a hell of a jump. It's almost like Prince Charles' rehabilitation.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 1:43 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
No kidding! From looking like Tony Soprano to a half decent leader is a hell of a jump. It's almost like Prince Charles' rehabilitation.
He's been helped, of course, by the complete absence of any semblance of an effective opposition in the province. I can't even remember who leads the other parties... I think Andrea Horwath is still the provincial NDP leader, but I couldn't tell you who the liberals replaced Kathleen Wynne with. And, of course, the legislature has hardly sat since mid-March, so there's not much in the way of holding him to account. And he still doesn't like taking questions at his pressers, preferring to have spokespeople engage with journalists on his behalf.

In my household, much greater ire and frustation has been directed towards Stephen Lecce, the province's education minister. He is demonstrably completely out of his depth; not only was he privately educated, but his parliamentary assistant was home-schooled. Between the two of them they have a remarkable lack of insight and understanding of any aspect of public education, which has served the government ill through the labour negotiations last year and the planning and management of the covid response in schools this year.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

He needs a haircut and a shave.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

Doug Ford as of last polling reported 2 weeks ago had the 2nd highest approval rating of any provincial Premier in Canada, BC Premier had the highest approval, Jason Kenney of Alberta and New Foundland Premier were the bottom 2.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/b...poll-1.5086479

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.