Trudeau

Old Oct 4th 2020, 11:15 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trudeau

Originally Posted by Shard
Thanks. Glad to see JT has finally got a haircut (of sorts).
I like his hair You can say what you like about his party...but the man looks good!

He is a politician, and they all talk ‘weasel words’ don’t they? But if you are going to have someone lying to you I’d sooner have it done adroitly, in a well toned and thoughtful fashion...so he gets my applause for that too.

The way he said he was ‘surprised’ when his team apprised him of Trump’s illness, was nicely put, I am sure a lot of less generous souls had different reactions...
Old Oct 21st 2020, 1:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Confidence vote tomorrow.

His attempt to to try and get an election without looking like it's his fault?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...rce=reddit.com
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

His blackface photo made it into the Borat movie.

Old Oct 23rd 2020, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

And now available to watch, tonight.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
And now available to watch, tonight.

I am watching it now. It's pretty funny.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 10:05 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Free speech optional according to Trudeau ?
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 12:57 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Free speech optional according to Trudeau ?
Context? Link?

If you're referring to Trudeau's comments on the French terrorist attack in relation to the high school discussion of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons, then your words are a gross mischaracterization of the Canadian government's position. What Trudeau said was
We will always defend freedom of expression. But freedom of expression is not without limits. We owe it to ourselves to act with respect for others and to seek not to arbitrarily or unnecessarily injure those with whom we are sharing a society and a planet.
In other words, freedom of expression is a right. But rights ought not to be separated from the responsibilities that come with them.

Of course, there are commentators who seek to play that up into something it is not. The first such reference I find with a quick google is an Ezra Levant rant on Rebel Media, in which the opening paragraph contains such a glaringly false premise - equating a parliamentary "division" (a term carried over from the Westminster system of physically passing through a divided lobby) with the concept of divisive rhetoric - that the whole of the rest of the piece is meaningless.

If that's what you've based your comment on, I would strongly suggest that you stop reading it - or, if you must, at least try and find some semblance of balance before commenting.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 6:14 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Context? Link?

If you're referring to Trudeau's comments on the French terrorist attack in relation to the high school discussion of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons, then your words are a gross mischaracterization of the Canadian government's position. What Trudeau said was
In other words, freedom of expression is a right. But rights ought not to be separated from the responsibilities that come with them.

Of course, there are commentators who seek to play that up into something it is not. The first such reference I find with a quick google is an Ezra Levant rant on Rebel Media, in which the opening paragraph contains such a glaringly false premise - equating a parliamentary "division" (a term carried over from the Westminster system of physically passing through a divided lobby) with the concept of divisive rhetoric - that the whole of the rest of the piece is meaningless.

If that's what you've based your comment on, I would strongly suggest that you stop reading it - or, if you must, at least try and find some semblance of balance before commenting.
No idea about Ezra Levant and I don't think I've read any opinion pieces on this. However, you did identify the correct topic and the exact quote. Whilst I don't believe in absolute freedom of speech, I do believe in the freedoms put forth by Charlie Hebdo and confrimed by Macron, and it's these that Trudeau appears to be sniping at rather than supporting.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly Trudeau however another corrupt member of his Liberal Caucus
This evening I have advised the Prime Minister’s Office and the Speaker of the House of Commons that I am stepping down from the Liberal Caucus. I made an error in judgement by employing my sister in my constituency office, and I have remedied the situation, but this does not excuse the error I made

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b623bfac53d6c1

Surprise surprise the CBC is not allowing comments on this.

But Harper, Bev Oda $16 orange juice, Duffy trying to pay back money etc etc

Any wonder why some won't vote.

Old Nov 10th 2020, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

Seems to be a fairly minor issue in the big picture.

Anyhow she will still be sitting MP and still be voting with the Liberals, so not like anything changes.

I always find it amusing, I screwed up, so I will leave the party, but stay in my seat collecting my paycheck.

Old Nov 10th 2020, 8:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Surprise surprise the CBC is not allowing comments on this.
They are in the Toronto section.
Minor independent MP probably not big enough news nationally
Old Nov 24th 2020, 11:08 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha - the Russian pranksters got him good this time

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55062943

Old Nov 30th 2020, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

1 March 2018

Justin Trudeau stands by decision not to tax web giants like Netflix, Google

30 November 2020 Liberals announce as of 1 July 2021 tech giants such as Netflix and Amazon will now be subject to GST/HST (well customers in Canada will be paying it).

https://globalnews.ca/news/4056954/t...etflix-google/
Old Nov 30th 2020, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
1 March 2018

Justin Trudeau stands by decision not to tax web giants like Netflix, Google

30 November 2020 Liberals announce as of 1 July 2021 tech giants such as Netflix and Amazon will now be subject to GST/HST (well customers in Canada will be paying it).

https://globalnews.ca/news/4056954/t...etflix-google/

One of these days one of these companies is gonna go, eh we don't need Canada adios amigos.

I don't buy anything from google, Amazon just products that are already subject to GST and PST, and eh netflix would add a couple dollars a month extra, but Netflix is nearing my cut off point to where its not worth having, one thing when it was like $9/month but these days, not so much, not enough of what I want to watch, and too many netflix originals that simply don't interest me, they have basically become online version of cable.....

Never believe a politician, if you do you will be disappointed. In political world 2018 was a lifetime ago now, plus they have gotten into a fairly deep financial hole due to the pandemic which really couldn't be avoided with the massive loss of employment that occurred early in the year and still hasn't recovered from, so suppose tax revenue either has to go up, or we can expect services to be cut.

Old Jan 21st 2021, 10:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Julie Payette is starting to seem like she may not be a nice person, especially towards those who work under her.

"Payette was given severance of roughly $200,000 when she resigned from the Montreal Science Centre in 2016 following complaints about her treatment of employees, say multiple sources. In 2017, Payette left the Canadian Olympic Committee after two internal investigations into her treatment of staff including verbal harassment, sources said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gov...yers-1.5732109
And now she has resigned. Good; don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.