Trudeau

Old Jul 14th 2021, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trudeau

I wouldnt trust trudeau as far as I could throw him and that goes for Jagmeet as well- we are in REAL trouble in Canada and its time people wake up
Old Jul 14th 2021, 3:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
I wouldnt trust trudeau as far as I could throw him and that goes for Jagmeet as well- we are in REAL trouble in Canada and its time people wake up
And the Queen too. She can't be trusted. This is why we never see Trudeau standing in front of a mirror.
Spoiler:

Old Aug 11th 2021, 3:12 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if everybody's going to lose their jobs over sexual assault allegations. The police sometimes have to bring in independent oversight when they have internal problems or when there are allegations against officers, and there isn't a real good reason right now why the military shouldn't have to as well. Just in case there is an election coming, Trudeau should bring this to a head and implement the recommendations of the Fish report asap. Get some of these high ranking officers off paid leave and into the hotseat in court so their cases can be settled in public and justice can be seen to be done. Despite the government's assurances that it's committed to change and working hard to bring it about, it's taking too long; let a few new cases come up and it will be a PR nightmare. As long as Viau's case and all the others are stalled or stonewalled by lawyers for the accused or by the Forces through virtue of their refusal of oversight, it looks bad for Canada, bad for the CF, and bad for Trudeau. It's also got to be really bad for female enlistment. Sajjan saying they're working on it is meaningless until female members who are assault victims have the same rights and access to procedures as civilians. The need is obvious, so why the delay? If it's because of the bent Generals and Admirals I hope that goes against them come sentencing time."The military has started implementing 36 out of 107 of Fish's recommendations and an implementation plan for the remaining recommendations will be tabled in Parliament in the fall, the department said".

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...ader-1.6135609
Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Globe & Mail reporting that Trudeau will ask governor general to dissolve parliament on Sunday, and an election called for Sept 20.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...pt-20-sources/
Old Aug 15th 2021, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Globe & Mail reporting that Trudeau will ask governor general to dissolve parliament on Sunday, and an election called for Sept 20.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...pt-20-sources/
Is there a reason for this?

I mean, now in the time of a pandemic, it's not the right time to call an early snap election.

Old Aug 15th 2021, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Pundits are saying that they didn't have a mandate to spend so much money so are now looking to voters to give them the mandate to spend. Don't give a toss who wins as they are all as bad as each other and I would hate to see the National debt with the NDP in power.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Pundits are saying that they didn't have a mandate to spend so much money so are now looking to voters to give them the mandate to spend. Don't give a toss who wins as they are all as bad as each other and I would hate to see the National debt with the NDP in power.
It's an election which is unnecessary at this time. If it's next year in September that'll be different.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

jeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond reputejeremy brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
well for me hopefully the polls are wrong and trudeau doent get a majority or get back in

if he does my kids kids kids will still be paying the debt he is creating from his 'magic money machine'

but sadly almost nobody takes interest in anything but hockey

cheers J
Old Aug 15th 2021, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

By waiting he risks losing, he has a chance now of getting a majority again, its still a gamble, but it may very well work, it worked here in BC at the provincial level last year, but the BC NDP wasn't just in a minority government they were in a coalition with the BC Greens which seemed to be slowly breaking down, polls looked good for BC NDP so they called an election last October, it paid off and BC NDP got a strong majority and will keep BC Liberals out for at least another 3 years at this point which is good with me as BC Liberals suck unless your wealthy, they screw over the low income like no tomorrow, BC NDP did more in the last 4 years than BC Liberals did 17 years of largely majority rule.

BC NDP even flipped some conservative strongholds from BC Liberal to NDP which is a small miracle.

BC Liberals have no affiliation with Federal Liberals, and despite their name, they are more center right to right than typical liberals are.

BC NDP also not exactly aligned with Federal NDP or even other provincial NDP, when Alberta still had an NDP government, BC NDP and Alberta NDP did not see eye to eye on many things when it came to the environment and oil and had a bit of a spat with one another.

If I could vote NDP is the only party in Canada, I would support, Federal Liberals are sucky to the ground, conservatives are even worse, NDP isn't perfect but for my socioeconomic status they are the best of 3.

I tolerated the other Liberal PM's in my early days in Canada, but Trudeau I cannot stand, he is arrogant as hell, and look at what they are trying to force through to restrict the internet and freedom of speech, goodness know what he would do with another majority but being there is really no viable federal party that can likely win, best hope is he wins a weaker minority government.

Canada may have more parties on paper, but in reality its basically the same as the US boils down between Liberals and Conservatives, the other parties are too fringe to ever form government.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 15th 2021 at 6:57 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think the overall problem is twofold:

- There is no reason to vote Liberal, as I don't think that Trudeau has done an excellent job during the pandemic at all. So there is no reason to reward him and the Liberals for his work. If the election would have been called in Sept. 2022, at least there is more to look back on Trudeau's work and the handling of the pandemic. Since that logic isn't there, it's more tactical for Trudeau, in hopes he gets a majority. This tactical move is also costly to run as an early election, plus there is still the pandemic, amid the possibility of rising numbers.

- There is no real reason to vote Conservative, other than being loud-mouthed there is no real opposition work. Also too much in their party is focused on Oil & Gas. The only thing I could say is that I'd prefer O'Toole to Sheer, but that's about it.

And the NDP was never really my choice, neither were the Greens, or some other party from Quebec....
Old Aug 15th 2021, 9:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be a Liberal minority, but I've been wrong too many times in recent memory to put any money behind it.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 9:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
- There is no reason to vote Liberal...
- There is no real reason to vote Conservative...
And the NDP was never really my choice, neither were the Greens, or some other party from Quebec....
So you're hedging your bets then
Old Aug 15th 2021, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Old Aug 15th 2021, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

I am hoping the little red patch turns more orange this time around in BC. The blue areas are pretty conservative strongholds so I doubt much will change there.

Last election nationwide.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 15th 2021 at 10:05 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Top 5 broken promises he has made according to the Toronto Sun.

Mobile phone & internet costs, some of the highest in the world, he instead supported a decision that keeps rates high by discouraging competition from smaller companies.

Promised a national pharmacare plan. (to be fair other Liberal candidates have promised this and never did it, seems to be a theme with this party.)

2015 election would be the last held under the first past the post system, that was a lie.

2015 and 2019 election campaigns, the Trudeau Liberals promised to make peacekeeping central to our military and foreign affairs efforts, but never followed through with it, even disappointing the UN.

I will give him a pass on the deficit spending for 2020 due to a pandemic nobody could predict.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...romises-broken

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/all-...shed-business/

All in all he is a pretty lousy leader, and from my perspective life in Canada has only gotten worse on his watch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.