Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:30 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Originally Posted by PeterF
Brendan Rodgers.

'I'm happy at Swansea and have no intention of moving to a bigger club yet' .... a week later goes to Liverpool.

Agrees not to sign any Swans players for a year and states he respects Swansea and its board ...... then actively chases Allen

Tells a press conference how he would love to get Dempsey and Allen ....... in the same conference, later states 'I would never talk about other clubs players'.

Not bitter or anything, just wondering who the Liverpool manager will be after Xmas.

and I hate this 'playing Rodgers way', when it's been the Swansea way for over 5 years now, only the last 2 with Rodgers!
I saw a picture of Liverpool watching the Redsox in Boston last night.

They play a rejuvenated FC Toronto tomorrow a couple of hundred yards from my condo.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:39 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I saw a picture of Liverpool watching the Redsox in Boston last night.

They play a rejuvenated FC Toronto tomorrow a couple of hundred yards from my condo.
I will be attending the Roma game at Fenway on Wednesday. Will be a break from everything going on this week I hope.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:06 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
I will be attending the Roma game at Fenway on Wednesday. Will be a break from everything going on this week I hope.
That will be fantastic.

I visited Boston in 2010. Nice place.

Spurs play some one in Baltimore soon but I have not managed to convince anyone to come on the road trip with me yet. The stadia they are playing in looks fantastic.

Last edited by JamesM; Jul 20th 2012 at 3:08 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:09 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

That will be fantastic.

I visited Boston in 2010. Nice place.

Spurs play some one in Baltimore soon but I have not managed to convince anyone to come on the road trip with me yet. The stadia they are playing in looks fantastic.
Yes that was the other choice we had but a little too far. I already object to traveling 7 1/2 hours to Boston, but I can't see myself seeing them live in the near future any other way.

I like Boston too but have never been to Fenway.

Will be a nice few days away anyway.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:56 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Campbell betrayed the club that made him a millionaire and gave him a career by deliberately sitting out his contract to further line his own pockets.
Yeah but its Spurs so who gives a shit
Old Jul 20th 2012, 6:00 pm
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Oink;10182801]
Originally Posted by sw6blue

Никто не любит тебя
you could well be right.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 6:30 pm
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=JamesM;10183370]

On the assumption King had never had injury problems Terry would not have got close to England or the captaincy.

as you know l have to disagree with you, ledley king decent enough defender
for the spuds but not in john terry's class.lmho.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Campbell betrayed the club that made him a millionaire and gave him a career by deliberately sitting out his contract to further line his own pockets.
He now spends his days sounding of in the newspapers where ever he can.

Sol will always be the victim it is his mentality.
That's unique is it?

He took acting lessons hoping to become the next James Bond didn't he?
Old Aug 6th 2012, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Forecast for 2012-2013.........

1 Man United
2 Chelsea
3 Man City
4 Arsenal
5 Liverpool
6 Everton
7 Tottenham
8 Sunderland
9 Stoke
10 Newcastle
11 Fulham
12 Aston villa
13 West Ham
14 Wigan
15 West Brom
16 QPR
17 Norwich
18 Swansea
19 Reading
20 Southampton
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:58 am
Dive Bar Drunk

[QUOTE=sw6blue;10183891]

On the assumption King had never had injury problems Terry would not have got close to England or the captaincy.

as you know l have to disagree with you, ledley king decent enough defender
for the spuds but not in john terry's class.lmho.
John Terry has very little class on her off the pitch.

Any one who ever managed or played the game to a high standard would put King above Terry.

You need to take your prejudice and start looking at the game objectively so people see you as some one who is knowledgable on football rather than just a Chelski fan.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 1:00 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by jimf
Forecast for 2012-2013.........

1 Man United
2 Chelsea
3 Man City
4 Arsenal
5 Liverpool
6 Everton
7 Tottenham
8 Sunderland
9 Stoke
10 Newcastle
11 Fulham
12 Aston villa
13 West Ham
14 Wigan
15 West Brom
16 QPR
17 Norwich
18 Swansea
19 Reading
20 Southampton
I'm not going to name 1-20 as it'll take too long but I'll take a punt at the first top few spots

1/ Manchester City
2/ Chelsea
3/ Manchester United (if United sign Van Persie I'll change this to second)
4/ Tottenham (I have to live in hope)
5/ Newcastle
6/ Sunderland
7/ Liverpool

I won't go any lower. For my own reasons I'd love to see Reading and Southampton stay up.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 1:20 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by jimf
That's unique is it?

He took acting lessons hoping to become the next James Bond didn't he?
It's pretty unique in the Premier League.

Most players will state their dissatisfaction and request and move and the club is then able to listen to offers and recoup their investment.

Take Nasri, Van Persie and Modric as examples.

Spurs accepted a 22 million pound bid from Juventus and a similar bid from United.

Campbell refused to talk and sat his contract out for a huge wad of cash upfront and a fatter salary.

That 22 million could have rebuilt a poor team in that era.

The man is unforgivable.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Most players will state their dissatisfaction and request and move and the club is then able to listen to offers and recoup their investment.

Spurs accepted a 22 million pound bid from Juventus and a similar bid from United.

Campbell refused to talk and sat his contract out for a huge wad of cash upfront and a fatter salary.

The man is unforgivable.

I would say it's the managers fault for not cashing in if they're that desperate for cash.

If Sinclair doesn't sign this week, he's likely to go. We have let contracts run down and lose players for nothing (De Vries and Pratley recently), it depends if you believe keeping the player for one last season is worth more than cashing in.

For your choices for the end of season's table, Swansea's far too low, Sunderlands too high, Newcastle's too low and Liverpools too high.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:30 am
100% chelsea

[QUOTE=JamesM;10213784]
Originally Posted by sw6blue
John Terry has very little class on her off the pitch.

Any one who ever managed or played the game to a high standard would put King above Terry.

You need to take your prejudice and start looking at the game objectively so people see you as some one who is knowledgable on football rather than just a Chelski fan.
JamesM mate no need for that, l am only giving my total unbiased opinion.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

The man is unforgivable.
Stevie the Scouse was the first big Bosman transfer wasn't he?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.