Teatime Choices

Old Feb 9th 2012, 7:55 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Sesame beef with broccoli and orange slices on a bed of jasmine rice (homemade of course not frozen)
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

vegemite sandwiches with crisps inside

(that's kiwi, but the Brit equivilent would be marmite sandwiches with cheese and onion crisps squashed inside) yum
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:16 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
vegemite sandwiches with crisps inside

(that's kiwi, but the Brit equivilent would be marmite sandwiches with cheese and onion crisps squashed inside) yum
Hate Marmite, sell both here - love a crisp sandwich though - salt and vinegar
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dollface
Hate Marmite, sell both here - love a crisp sandwich though - salt and vinegar
I don't like Marmite but I love Vegemite! I think they're supposed to taste the same but they don't, vegemite isn't as strong (at least I don't think so). I'm glad they sell vegemite over there, I need it!

S&V crisp sandwich!!! mmmmm

Guess what I'm having for lunch today? haha
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:22 pm

I don't like Marmite but I love Vegemite! I think they're supposed to taste the same but they don't, vegemite isn't as strong (at least I don't think so). I'm glad they sell vegemite over there, I need it!

S&V crisp sandwich!!! mmmmm

Guess what I'm having for lunch today? haha
Polar Bear burger?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:24 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Marmite but I love Vegemite! I think they're supposed to taste the same but they don't, vegemite isn't as strong (at least I don't think so).
It's all in the mind.....
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dollface
Polar Bear burger?
With S&V crisps, yes!
Old Feb 9th 2012, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmmm I LOVE crisp sarnies!

Cheese, marmite and salt and vinegar crisps were my favorite. Haven't had one in ages though!

Tonight we are having homemade pumpkin and ricotta gnocchi with a butter and sage sauce.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:09 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
Mmmmmmm I LOVE crisp sarnies!

Cheese, marmite and salt and vinegar crisps were my favorite. Haven't had one in ages though!

Tonight we are having homemade pumpkin and ricotta gnocchi with a butter and sage sauce.
That sounds marvellous.
Never had a go at making pasta or gnocchi but if I was going to, that would be my choice.

I have used my own home-grown sage to make the butter for shop made pasta before, so maybe I could do the rest!

I ate crisp sandwiches sometimes when I was apart from my OH during our FSW 2 process.
Very comforting.
Has to be thick sliced white bread, real butter and cheese and onion or ready salted crisps for me.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 12:36 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to love Canada, having steak in the middle of the week, how posh is that? Having it with chips and peas.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:28 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Oink
You've got to love Canada, having steak in the middle of the week, how posh is that? Having it with chips and peas.
Instant advancement through the social structure to "posh" - as long as you are pairing that with Aioli and not red sauce, of course.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:29 am
Island life at last

Maple mustard marinated pork steaks for me, with baked potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower.

I have also made some fresh lemon curd this afternoon, so might have a slice of bread with that on after with a cup of tea
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:33 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Instant advancement through the social structure to "posh" - as long as you are pairing that with Aioli and not red sauce, of course.
I don't like the sound of that alioli stuff yuck and red sauce with steak is awfully gauche, one should only use brown sauce don't you know..
Old Feb 10th 2012, 2:16 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Oink
I don't like the sound of that alioli stuff yuck and red sauce with steak is awfully gauche, one should only use brown sauce don't you know..
Upper middle class is as far as that gets you.

Is it AAA grade steak?
Not that I know what that means - I have had some awful steak here that is supposedly AAA and some very nice stuff that isn't graded at all.

I am still looking for steak out here as tender and flavoursome as I used to get from my friend who had a farm in the Derbyshire hills.
I never really went for steak until I had sirloin from there.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I just ate crisp sarnies for tea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.