Teatime Choices

Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by Oink
Wednesday is cheap beer and wings night at Earls and HID has a late meeting. I'll be having beer and wings tonight.
mmm, yum.

I fancy chips. how boring, haha.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:06 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
mmm, yum.

I fancy chips. how boring, haha.
How are the chippys in Auckland? I have family there and visted a few years ago - dont recall trying a chippy supper - not even at Kelly Tarltons
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dollface
How are the chippys in Auckland? I have family there and visted a few years ago - dont recall trying a chippy supper - not even at Kelly Tarltons

Hey Doll!

They're not too bad. But I just don't think the chips are as good. The fish is definitely great but the chips from the chippy aint.

But you can get great chips in restaurants, that's an expensive option, about $6 a portion but they're definitely superior. I don't bother with chippy chips, I just get fish but if I want nice chips I go to a place called the Belgian Cafe in Mission Bay (maybe you know of it, tis just round corner from Kelly's)

The Belgian Cafes in Auckland sell the Belgian beers (yum) and the most delicious chips with aioli, superb. So you're best off getting chips at a place like that. But I have a Belgian friend and he said that the real Belgian chips in Belgium are even better than the ones they serve down here... so wow, the Belgians must know how to fry a chip, heh. He actually wants to make the real ones down here and sell them but he said they use pure beef fat and doesn't think it's healthy enough. I said "who cares, if they taste good these lot will wolf them down." I just want him to make them, haha.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:00 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Wednesday is cheap beer and wings night at Earls and HID has a late meeting. I'll be having beer and wings tonight.
Wing night tomorrow here, darts night too
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:02 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Doll!

They're not too bad. But I just don't think the chips are as good. The fish is definitely great but the chips from the chippy aint.

But you can get great chips in restaurants, that's an expensive option, about $6 a portion but they're definitely superior. I don't bother with chippy chips, I just get fish but if I want nice chips I go to a place called the Belgian Cafe in Mission Bay (maybe you know of it, tis just round corner from Kelly's)

The Belgian Cafes in Auckland sell the Belgian beers (yum) and the most delicious chips with aioli, superb. So you're best off getting chips at a place like that. But I have a Belgian friend and he said that the real Belgian chips in Belgium are even better than the ones they serve down here... so wow, the Belgians must know how to fry a chip, heh. He actually wants to make the real ones down here and sell them but he said they use pure beef fat and doesn't think it's healthy enough. I said "who cares, if they taste good these lot will wolf them down." I just want him to make them, haha.
Defo a little of what you fancy does you good

How do you like living in Auckland?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

How do you like living in Auckland?

Love Auckland, it's a really nice place to live. I'll really miss it. I just hope I can make the transition without getting too homesick. I thought Vancouver was quite similar to Auckland, so hopefully I can do it. But yeah, really love living in Auckland.

How about you? Are you in Vancouver? How are you liking it over there?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

haha, yup.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:11 am

Love Auckland, it's a really nice place to live. I'll really miss it. I just hope I can make the transition without getting too homesick. I thought Vancouver was quite similar to Auckland, so hopefully I can do it. But yeah, really love living in Auckland.

How about you? Are you in Vancouver? How are you liking it over there?
I'm just outside Toronto. 13 years in Ontario. Like it well enough, but it's not home. Hoping to head back to UK this year
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm just outside Toronto. 13 years in Ontario. Like it well enough, but it's not home. Hoping to head back to UK this year
Oh wow! Really? You want to head home? Aw, well you've given it a great length of time and I understand the "not home" feeling. What about another area of Canada? I haven't been to Toronto, only BC and Alberta. I really like Vancouver though and think it's the best "inbetween" Auckland and Canada place for me.

I went back to the UK in 05/6, I was SO homesick after 9years living in NZ. So did a recce and absolutely hated it. Decided I didn't want to go back and that really NZ had become home without me realising it and started appreciating how great it is down here (NZ is really my home, I was born here but my Dad's is English and I grew up in England so always associated "home" as England and not NZ because I left here when I was 6months and was raised in Australia and then England).

So if you head back home where are you going back to? If you have family down here might NZ be an option? How do your family down here like it (or not)?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:24 am

Oh wow! Really? You want to head home? Aw, well you've given it a great length of time and I understand the "not home" feeling. What about another area of Canada? I haven't been to Toronto, only BC and Alberta. I really like Vancouver though and think it's the best "inbetween" Auckland and Canada place for me.

I went back to the UK in 05/6, I was SO homesick for 9years living in NZ. So did a recce and absolutely hated it. Decided I didn't want to go back and that really NZ had become home without me realising it and started appreciating how great it is down here (NZ is really my home, I was born here but my Dad's is English and I grew up in England so always associated "home" as England and not NZ because I left here when I was 6months and was raised in Australia and then England).

So if you head back home where are you going back to? If you have family down here might NZ be an option? How do your family down here like it (or not)?
Heading back to Sunny Scotland

My family have been in NZ since the late 1950's (well my aunt and uncle) 3 kids born in UK (left when they ranged from 4 to newborn) and twins born in NZ, they have all travelled worldwide after Uni and have all settled happily back in Auckland area. They would never choose to live anywhere else.

I really liked it there, similar to the UK in some ways. I felt it was too remote, for me, to live there forever, so didn't make it an option for us. We will visit again one day though once we are settled back in UK and our finances are back on track.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:25 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

If you two want to have a jolly chit chat then fine, but this thread is a serious discussion about late afternoon or evening culinary events.

Last edited by Oink; Feb 9th 2012 at 12:27 am.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:26 am

If you two want to have a jolly chit chat then fine, but this thread is about a serious discussion about late afternoon or evening culinary events.
Yeah, you're right, sorry
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

My family have been in NZ since the late 1950's (well my aunt and uncle) 3 kids born in UK (left when they ranged from 4 to newborn) and twins born in NZ, they have all travelled worldwide after Uni and have all settled happily back in Auckland area. They would never choose to live anywhere else.

I really liked it there, similar to the UK in some ways. I felt it was too remote, for me, to live there forever, so didn't make it an option for us. We will visit again one day though once we are settled back in UK and our finances are back on track.

Oh wow, so they're real Kiwis! So many Kiwis are loyal to NZ and choose to live here over anywhere else. They're well traveled too so know what it's like in other places but prefer it here. I do understand why, it really is a great place. But yeah, I understand what you mean, it does feel a little remote for me too. After I didn't want to return to the UK I looked at Canada because it seems like a good mid-way point, lol, sort of halfway between here and the UK, but I'd always wanted to check it out too. But who knows, I may be back to NZ in the long run, I can't ever imagine living back in the UK, I feel like my time there is done and over, there isn't really anything pulling me back there, not even friends and family (that sounds awful, haha)
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

If you two want to have a jolly chit chat then fine, but this thread is a serious discussion about late afternoon or evening culinary events.
LOL! Sorry, um.... back to chips... hmm... with ketchup or aioli? What's your preference grumpy?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

haha, the land of the deepfried pizza and other culinary delights. I actually like haggis, for real!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.