The smokers thread

Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The smokers thread

Originally Posted by raine66
Day 10

God is that smoke demon persistant or what.

Today once again I have chosen not to smoke.
Keep it up Raine, you're doing a grand job

Arris
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
You are so right, I gave up Febuary 2nd, been smoke free for 9 weeks and 4 days now!!

I used to patches and they were a god send, Even if you wanted one really bad which was rare you couldnt smoke anyways as its really dangerous if you smoke with them on. I did the full 9 week program and stepped down gradually and it really really worked.

As for setting a date, I didnt do that, quitting has been something I had been thinking about for a while but one day i jsut went into the chemist and bought the patches and my freind stuck one on my there and then. I handed my cigs to the nearest homeless guy and i have never looked back, My OH didnt quit but he has to smoke on the balcony, but it doesnt bother me anymore. I like the smell when he is smoking it, but when he puts it out and comes in eewwww boy does he smell bad!!!

Basically you have to be ready to quit and really really mean it, I just had an epithany that day in the chemist and that was it, my OH lasted 2 days as he really didnt want to quit, but felt the peer pressure to do so.

I am in Toronto where you cannot smoke ANYWHERE and that makes it a lot easier, after July 1st in England you will find it a lot lot lot easier.

The patches are great and the gum although it does taste awful, but hypnosis and all that rubbish, dont bother, will power and some extra help from the chemist will get you through trust me!!

Good luck
your doing so WELL darlin!!! i remember when u handed that whole box of cigs to that homeless guy he didnt know what to do with so many Cigs hahahaha!!! so funny!

keep up the good work babe xxxx
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celine_uk
your doing so WELL darlin!!! i remember when u handed that whole box of cigs to that homeless guy he didnt know what to do with so many Cigs hahahaha!!! so funny!

keep up the good work babe xxxx
Thanks Darlin, cant believe its been so long already, il never forget the look on your face standing in the pharmacy with me as i said OK il do it LOL

Hows it going Raine?? you will get days where you feel empty inside but find something to do, and just watch your weight I put on a stone and a half but im an easy gainer anyways. gum is great too!

and remember you are soooo much better off without them. I joined the gym with my money, and a bloody nice gym too!! and as i sat in the jacuzzi after a nice work out and a steam room with a face pack on, i though "this is so much better than smoking"

Think of something that you want and give yourself a time when you will treat yourself to it, say if you dont smoke for three months then you will buy yourself a bike or go get a massage. its a great incentive.

Keep up the good work.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:01 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Keep on sticking to your smoke free guns Raine it is worth the struggle. Extra years on your life to enjoy Canada! I gave up for the last time in 1985 and I am still proud to have done it, sending karma to keep you strong.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Raine, this must be day 18? How's it going? No news may mean that 1) you've had a relapse or 2) you don't want to talk about it or 3) the smoke-free days are flying by!

Whatever , hope you're okay with it!

Robin
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:50 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Hey Raine, this must be day 18? How's it going? No news may mean that 1) you've had a relapse or 2) you don't want to talk about it or 3) the smoke-free days are flying by!

Whatever , hope you're okay with it!

Robin

No doing fine thanks. Still feel a little empty at times but hanging in there.

I have just been keeping myself busy, well more so my hands, so I have been painting, doing alot of cleaning and finally got ontop of all my ironing.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
No doing fine thanks. Still feel a little empty at times but hanging in there.

I have just been keeping myself busy, well more so my hands, so I have been painting, doing alot of cleaning and finally got ontop of all my ironing.
Oh good Raine, still on course! Congratulations and I'm full of admiration!

Last edited by Robin (The Gadget family); Apr 20th 2007 at 3:00 pm. Reason: spacing
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good Raine, still on course! Congratulations and I'm full of admiration!
Wow day 18!!! after 21 days its sooo easy trust me.

Well done you are doing so well!!!

Keep it up!!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:24 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

hi all,
Have only just come across this thread and we would like to join in if you dont mind. we are both smokers with the intention of giving it up before we go to Oz in 7weeks time.

we have tried to cut it down gradually n then stop altogether but it just goes back up again so we know that doesnt work. Have booked in to see the smoking nurse but i suppose because of the july 1st ban coming in everyone else has booked aswell n cant get in till may 16th, apparently she shows you all the different options available for help with stopping and gives you samples to see what you can cope with.....so that is our date of quiting !!!!! however not sure if its a good idea to stop so close to leaving date as the stress levels will already be up to the limit.

well done to all of you who have stopped already..

Jo
x
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
hi all,
Have only just come across this thread and we would like to join in if you dont mind. we are both smokers with the intention of giving it up before we go to Oz in 7weeks time.
Welcome Jo and Andy, can't say that I've succeeded in giving up yet but really want to pass the medical when it comes along, and worry about the chest x-ray. Did you have medicals for Oz?

Robin
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:20 pm

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Robin,
Yes we both had chest xrays done in nov 06 n they were ok. we have both been smoking for about 25years, filthy habit (but enjoyable especially after food...) just dont seem to have the will power at the moment tho,
Jo
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:27 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

You'd think that I'd have more sense really, but yes, I am a smoker, formerly B & H Gold, now Golden Virginia self-rolled with the occasional ready-rolled when I get them duty free.

Now, as we are about to apply for PR, I have fears about the dreaded chest x-ray in the distant future, and what harm has already been done to my lungs, and what will continue to happen for the next however many years it takes to get to our medicals!

Okay, so I know that to allay these fears slightly, I should give up right now, this minute, but I haven't yet found the right minute.

Sounds simple to ex or non-smokers doesn't it? Give up right now, my body does not appreciate this disgusting habit, and it is the one and only thing that I would do differently if I had my life over. (I think it's the only thing!)

Surely I am not the only smoker on this forum with these worries. I do know that I couldn't find another thread on the subject.

So who managed to give up smoking because of the thought of chest x-rays for medicals?

Who hasn't given up but intends to? (Support group in the making?)

Who wants to, but hasn't found the right minute?

I'd be interested to hear if anyone dare to share!

Getting on for a year and a half and wouldnt touch one for all the tea in china. Cold turkey is the answer but you must really want to give up to stop properly.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
(but enjoyable especially after food...)

Wait until after something else then see how badly you want one LOL

Seriously though its not that hard, use the patches they were fantastic you dont even think about smoking.

Im 12 weeks tommorow and would say that im definatly not a smoker anymore.

Good luck.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Wait until after something else then see how badly you want one LOL

Seriously though its not that hard, use the patches they were fantastic you dont even think about smoking.

Im 12 weeks tommorow and would say that im definatly not a smoker anymore.

Good luck.
So Raine 22 days now?? is it getting any easier?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:36 pm

Hiya britishvixen21 and raine,
well done both of you.
Yesterday I decided to cut down to the ones i really wanted rather than the habit ones and I had 4 all day. was really pleased with that and have done the same today. I am trying
Jo
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.