SHUTTERBUGS!

Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of
Default Re: SHUTTERBUGS!

Originally Posted by daft batty
Ok so I am jealous of these wonderful photos so will lower the tone by adding my bald eagle shot.

was it[
a: taken in Ontario
or
b: taken at Warwick Castle falconry display??
I will say b, the clincher would be if we could see the talons, complete with the straps on.
Daft its qiute alright, dont be jealous, you can only work with what you have.
I;m quite capable of taking some dreadfull pics with my fousands of dollars worth gear
This one on the other hand is one of my better ones.

Last edited by bobbiel; Feb 17th 2008 at 9:17 am. Reason: .
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:36 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbiel
I will say b, the clincher would be if we could see the talons, complete with the straps on.
I;m quite capable of taking some dreadfull pics with my fousands of dollars worth gear

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...el/moon005.jpg
cool! (and of course thanks for all the other pics here!)

don't forget the lunar eclipse on wednesday evening... weather permitting... http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...2008Feb21.html
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...el/moon005.jpg
I photoshopped the jessies off so thats why you can't see them

Are you saying thats a bad photo then, cos I reckon with my Kodak snapper thing its pretty good.

Ok, how do you do the moon shot??
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:38 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Maybe somebody can help me identify this furry thingamajig?

F6 @ 1/100, 82mm.
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-dsc_7634.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:00 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

...and now for something completely different.

It was my grandson's first birthday on Valentines Day and his party was today. This is a shot of Daniel getting a birthday hug from his cousin Taryn (16 months).

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
1/125s f/8.0 at 100.0mm iso200
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-d-t.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

Are you saying thats a bad photo then, cos I reckon with my Kodak snapper thing its pretty good.

No I didnt mean it that way
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:34 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wannabe

F6 @ 1/100, 82mm.

We had one of these thingymagigs in our yard in Calgary last year. I think its some kind of moth similar to the Wooly Bear in the UK.
Cool isnt he I put ours in some thick bushes so the birdies wouldnt get him, but looking like that he wasnt very hidden.

Lovely pic.

mrs minihaha
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I really like these kind of shots.

No smiley face but can you see the face in this one?

http://www.pbase.com/image/71249093.jpg

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel, Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
1/15s f/5.0 at 65.0mm iso800
Talking of faces, here's a couple I found earlier.... in the lounge. all my own work too.
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-2008-02-17_0081.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-2008-02-17_0082.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-2008-02-17_0084.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:34 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wannabe

F6 @ 1/100, 82mm.
Ooh, & while we're naming bugs does anyone know what this is? ....... there were 3 in the garage today
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-147.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:46 am
Bristolish expat

bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Some snaps from this afternoon's "hike"...
& the same from me .......... (the grassy ones are for minihaha )
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-178.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-176.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-172.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-171.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-164.jpg  

Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:50 am
Bristolish expat

Nanaimo/Parksville's claim to fame
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-166.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-165.jpg  

Last edited by bananahammock; Feb 17th 2008 at 12:22 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Well now you have specifically ask for critique, its a very blurry image, with little detail shown, I suspect it was heavily cropped, which further degraded it.
Personally if my subject doesn't fill at least a third of the frame, I seldom pull the trigger. For birds in flight you need a high shutter speed ,1/000+ to freeze the wings, something your camera probably cannot achieve, so all in all it is no doubt the best you can hope for with the gear you have.
The moon was shot early in the morning when it was at its lowest, with a long range zoom lens, to bring out the detail it was underexposed.
Daft, are you shooting in auto mode? does your camera allow you to select, shutter speed, ISO (film sensitively)aperture manually?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Ooh, & while we're naming bugs does anyone know what this is? ....... there were 3 in the garage today
That is (I think)a black widow spider, they have a red "hour glass on the tummy, so if you can see that it will confirm the ID.
I saw loads of them when we lived in Medicine Hat.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:39 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bananahammock
& the same from me .......... (the grassy ones are for minihaha )

Thanks bananahammock, the grass is just lovely to see really is.

But keep the spiders to yourself please, that one doesnt look too friendly.

mrs minihaha
Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Well now you have specifically ask for critique, its a very blurry image, with little detail shown, I suspect it was heavily cropped, which further degraded it.
Personally if my subject doesn't fill at least a third of the frame, I seldom pull the trigger. For birds in flight you need a high shutter speed ,1/000+ to freeze the wings, something your camera probably cannot achieve, so all in all it is no doubt the best you can hope for with the gear you have.
The moon was shot early in the morning when it was at its lowest, with a long range zoom lens, to bring out the detail it was underexposed.
Daft, are you shooting in auto mode? does your camera allow you to select, shutter speed, ISO (film sensitively)aperture manually?
I didnt ask for a critique at all! What i said was "Are you saying thats a bad photo then, cos I reckon with my Kodak snapper thing its pretty good" That's not the same as asking for your opinion.

I used to use an SLR, develop my own film, print them, blah, blah. Now I take snaps not "photographs".

PS I dont need patronising comments on film sensitivity. I am a radiographer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.