SHUTTERBUGS!

Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of
Default Re: SHUTTERBUGS!

Originally Posted by daft batty
I didnt ask for a critique at all! What i said was "Are you saying thats a bad photo then, cos I reckon with my Kodak snapper thing its pretty good" That's not the same as asking for your opinion.

I used to use an SLR, develop my own film, print them, blah, blah. Now I take snaps not "photographs".

PS I dont need patronising comments on film sensitivity. I am a radiographer.
chill out
p.s ok then yes it is a bad photo, I wouldnt hang it on my wall, but of course thats just my opinion.

Last edited by bobbiel; Feb 18th 2008 at 3:11 am. Reason: .
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbiel
chill out
Says the person who started a thread so they could show off!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:16 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
Says the person who started a thread so they could show off!
Ah, it's good to know that even photography can bring out the best in people.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Ah, it's good to know that even photography can bring out the best in people.
Quite, I guess they dont teach bedside manners in radiology college
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:05 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

That is (I think)a black widow spider, they have a red "hour glass on the tummy, so if you can see that it will confirm the ID.
I saw loads of them when we lived in Medicine Hat.
Oh dear they bite don't they?
Originally Posted by minihaha
Thanks bananahammock, the grass is just lovely to see really is.

But keep the spiders to yourself please, that one doesnt look too friendly.

mrs minihaha
Well I don't want the bl**dy things ....... especially if bobbiel is right, I was hoping someone was going to identify it as the lesser spotted BC stoner spider or some such thing!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Well I don't want the bl**dy things ....... especially if bobbiel is right, I was hoping someone was going to identify it as the lesser spotted BC stoner spider or some such thing!!
put "black widow spider" into google images
Im sure thats what u have there

Trust BC to have stoned spiders
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Ooh, & while we're naming bugs does anyone know what this is? ....... there were 3 in the garage today
Looks like a black widdow to me too.. Don't go near them, they're rather venomous.

Personally I'd have run screaming out of the garage, and come back with an oxy-aecetaline torch and burned the thing into the next life!!! (moreso because it's so dangerous).

3 together.. I'd get some kind of pest control in to check that there aren't loads of them about, especially if you have kids in the house.

Last edited by Andthen; Feb 18th 2008 at 5:08 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Yes. Painfully.

Gutted for you... If you're going to squish it, which I would, make sure you use something LARGE and with a long handle, just incase you miss.. Or don't squish it first time.

It looks like a female, the males are much smaller, and don't look the same.

"The female Black Widow is shiny black, usually with a reddish hourglass shape on the underside of her spherical abdomen. Her body is about .5 inches long, 1.5 inches when the legs are spread. Adult males are harmless to humans, about half the female's size, with smaller bodies, and longer legs and usually have yellow and red bands and spots over the back as do the immature stages.

The female black widow spider is the most venomous spider in North America, but it seldom causes death to humans, because it only injects a very small amount of poison when it bites. Black Widows spin webs that lack shape and form and are relatively tough and sticky.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:04 am
Bristolish expat

bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andthen
Gutted for you... If you're going to squish it, which I would, make sure you use something LARGE and with a long handle, just incase you miss.. Or don't squish it first time.
Oops, I poked the ones I found today then squished them with my shoe wont be doing that again
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Oops, I poked the ones I found today then squished them with my shoe wont be doing that again
Eugh!!!

How did you manage to squish something that size with your shoe... Did it crunch? Yuck!!!

I HATE spiders!!!

Give me a nice snake anyday! Anything with more than 4 legs is just disgusting!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:03 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Anything with more than 4 legs is just disgusting!
My little friend here is offended now.
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-dsc_7603.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:50 pm
Bristolish expat

Eugh!!!

How did you manage to squish something that size with your shoe... Did it crunch? Yuck!!!

I HATE spiders!!!

Give me a nice snake anyday! Anything with more than 4 legs is just disgusting!
I have big feet actually, they weren't very big ....... just kind of ....... full!!
No snakes here as far as I know but the kids in the playground are always running around with these in the summer
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-july_2007_141.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wannabe
My little friend here is offended now.
Yuck, yuck and double YUCK!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have big feet actually, they weren't very big ....... just kind of ....... full!!
No snakes here as far as I know but the kids in the playground are always running around with these in the summer
See, that's cute!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Trust BC to have stoned spiders
http://www.stage6.com/user/careuh/vi...iders-on-Drugs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.