SHUTTERBUGS!

Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:40 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHUTTERBUGS!

Two visitors to our garden.........my OH took these; he's got more patience. I'm better with non-moving subjects
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-cheeky-chippy.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-hes-got-munchies-.jpg  
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink
One of my babies...

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...8feb14_024.jpg

Id love to know how to even out the brightness so the reflected lights dont saturate it in places.

Shot using my halogen worklights and manual whitebalance so I can override the flash, to avoid that making it even worse...

As usual the camera is nothing fancy..just a canon powershot A620. At least it has some manual override capabilities though

Perhaps this thread would be better in the mapleleaf area though... although both saxes currently reside in Canada at least
Here,s a link to a homemade lightbox, I think this will give you the shot your after.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=281524
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_P
This one is a favourite of mine.

I spent about half an hour standing stock still waiting for this little Dark Eyed Junko to settle down and allow me to take his picture.

Rathtrevor Provincial Park, Parksville, B.C.

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
1/1250s f/5.6 at 400.0mm iso400

Cheers
Steve
Thats a nice sharp shot Steve, and the eyes have a catch light, with brings life to the image and good thinking to add the exif info.

Greenhill thats a great example of "pareidolia"
I have some I will post later.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oldbag
Two visitors to our garden.........my OH took these; he's got more patience. I'm better with non-moving subjects
Nice composition on those
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

This shot is a little hot, but besides the smiley face can you see the thrush like bird on the side of the log?

Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:24 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbiel
Here,s a link to a homemade lightbox, I think this will give you the shot your after.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=281524

Cool, I'll hear no end of it from her indoors though
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iaink
Cool, I'll hear no end of it from her indoors though
tell me about it, no matter where I put my camera gear its allways in the way of "she who must be obeyed".

iaink, I have no prob with this thread being on The Maple Leaf , can you make it so?

Last edited by bobbiel; Feb 15th 2008 at 12:37 pm. Reason: .
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:38 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

This shot is a little hot, but besides the smiley face can you see the thrush like bird on the side of the log?

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...IMG_6866-1.jpg
I really like these kind of shots.

No smiley face but can you see the face in this one?

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel, Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
1/15s f/5.0 at 65.0mm iso800
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:42 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

tell me about it, no matter where I put my camera gear its allways in the way of "she who must be obeyed".
She who must be obeyed has given up on me.

However I do try to keep everything (camera, lenses, memory cards, prints CD's and DVD's) in my office but it always looks like a bomb went off in it.

We also have my photo's up all over the house Mrs_P's choice of course.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

400mm Olympus zoom on a Hasselbank 8" plate, left handed....
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-ayeaye.jpg  
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:10 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

iaink, I have no prob with this thread being on The Maple Leaf , can you make it so?
Nope, you overestimate my influence around here
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:14 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Fried egg with measles, 35mm DSLR Hubble with reverse circular polarizer:
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-hubble20040813a.jpg  
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
400mm Olympus zoom on a Hasselbank 8" plate, left handed....
Wow what is that a chupacabra?

Steve, that is brilliant, looks to me like an ape.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:19 pm
Born again atheist

Unknown Photographer, Camera Obscura, circa 1523
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-img_0180.jpg  
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:20 pm
Born again atheist

Wow what is that a chupacabra?
Aye. Aye.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.