SHUTTERBUGS!

Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:47 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHUTTERBUGS!

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
Not sure if your pooch has different coloured eyes, but tweaked it for you anyway.
Sometimes flash will do this.
Eeeewwww you made my pooch look weird!!
Yep, she has different coloured eyes
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-july_2007_153.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-november-07-035.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:03 am
Bristolish expat

bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eastbound
Hi BH
Loved the picture of the bald eagle OH saw two in the same afternoon a while back one at Qualicum and the other just of Hammond Bay Road but didnt have his camera with him at the time ,now he carries it in the car all the time but hasnt seen another since .
Hi there
We counted 14 eagles just walking the dog today we were at Jack Point/Biggs park in Nanaimo, it's a great place for a walk (you may already know it )

These were taken there as well ..............
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-133.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-november-2007-014.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-feb-08-126.jpg  

Last edited by bananahammock; Feb 17th 2008 at 7:07 am.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:20 am
Bristolish expat

Originally Posted by minihaha
The best pic by far is the snow drop and the GREEN GRASS. Omg I am so missing green grass.

More pics of green please, ive nearly forgotton what the colour really looks like.

Ahh the green green grass of the Uk, not home but its still got green grass.

mrs minihaha (missing green grass, can you tell ?)
Here you go Mrs M, a grass fix for you

Maybe you should consider a visit to Van Island, plenty of grass here the locals grow it in their warm, glowing garages
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-2008.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-2008..jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-cat-013.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Eeeewwww you made my pooch look weird!!
Yep, she has different coloured eyes
Your dog scares me. Lots.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:29 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobbiel
Anyone adding pics of snowdrops, crocus please add a "graphic warning" it will be mths before we see them here.
Graphic Warning

No it's not a Snowdrop or Crocus but it is something we see in the summer.

A Tomato Horn Worm

Olympus C-2100UZ
1/500s f/6.3 at 13.8mm iso100

Cheers
Steve

Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:33 pm

During the summer the Bow river in Calgary is home to hundreds of these
Americian white pelicans

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...a/IMG_7817.jpg
Yes we see them down by the weir just east of the zoo.

I wonder if this is your guy landing.

Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

Yes my guy was at the weir Steve, Great shot of the Caterpillar, I really like the diagonal composition.

This one was taken just east of Calgary, slow burn on a tripod with an ultra wide angle lens,

Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:49 pm

Yes my guy was at the weir Steve, Great shot of the Caterpillar, I really like the diagonal composition.

This one was taken just east of Calgary, slow burn on a tripod with an ultra wide angle lens,

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...slights072.jpg
That I like.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

Thanks Steve, vistas like that make it worth getting up early on a frosty morning!
Well since bh eagles seem to be the flavor of the day , heres an immature
baldie taken at Fish Creek park in Calgary.

Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...slights072.jpg

That is just beautiful,,,

reminds me of east anglia!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:50 pm

Thanks Steve, vistas like that make it worth getting up early on a frosty morning!
Well since bh eagles seem to be the flavor of the day , heres an immature
baldie taken at Fish Creek park in Calgary.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...shcreek040.jpg
OK I'll go with the eagle theme, I think this one is most likely one of my better Bald Eagle shots.

Taken just outside Telegraph Cove north Vancouver Island as we returned from a whale watching trip.

Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel ,Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
1/1600s f/8.0 at 400.0mm iso400
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I am jealous of these wonderful photos so will lower the tone by adding my bald eagle shot.

was it

a: taken in Ontario
or
b: taken at Warwick Castle falconry display??
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-bald-eagle.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:50 pm
Bristolish expat

Originally Posted by Andthen
Your dog scares me. Lots.
Gotta love that face!!
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-december-07-014.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-december-07-160.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Hi there
We counted 14 eagles just walking the dog today we were at Jack Point/Biggs park in Nanaimo, it's a great place for a walk (you may already know it )

These were taken there as well ..............
Hi Bh
Thanks for the recommendation havnt been up to Jacks point yet might try and find it this afternoon and ill make sure weve got our camera with us this time
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:54 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Some snaps from this afternoon's "hike"...
Attached Thumbnails SHUTTERBUGS!-dsc03349.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-dsc03339.jpg   SHUTTERBUGS!-dsc03347.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.