Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jun 13th 2020, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by MillieF
I'm evidently not Woke.. what the hell was wrong with Gavin and Stacy? I missed something...I wasn't a disciple but I rather liked it...what did I miss?
A character called Chinese Allen who wasn't Chinese was the one that made me wonder what is wrong with people these days.

Apparently not on the chopping block

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a32853...bc-not-remove/
Old Jun 13th 2020, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I wonder if ‘Alan Partridge’ /‘Knowing me Knowing You’ might be on the chopping board...
Any particular reason? In no way does Alan say offensive things
Old Jun 13th 2020, 3:33 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Any particular reason? In no way does Alan say offensive things

Old Jun 13th 2020, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
The fact that his favourite Beatles album is 'Best of the Beatles' and that Wings are the band that the Beatles could have become could be considered offensive by some.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 3:42 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that his favourite Beatles album is 'Best of the Beatles' and that Wings are the band that the Beatles could have become could be considered offensive by some.
His music knowledge is very questionable:

'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

That and being against the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 7:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Fawlty Towers decision has been reversed according to the BBC, but there will be a message at the start of the episode warning of the comment. Someone has seen sense after all.

Last edited by mikelincs; Jun 13th 2020 at 9:44 am.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 9:43 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Fawlty Towes decision has been reversed according to the BBC, but there will be a message at the start of the episode warning of the comment. Someone has seen sense after all.
Bloody Germans, take that!
Old Jun 13th 2020, 9:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Bloody Germans, take that!
Wasn't the Germans. The whole thing was that the General, whan discussing the Indian cricket team (I think it was the Indians but it could have been another coloured team) used the 'N' word.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 10:19 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Wasn't the Germans. The whole thing was that the General, whan discussing the Indian cricket team (I think it was the Indians but it could have been another coloured team) used the 'N' word.
Oooh. I guess it's time to watch it again; I don't remember that bit. My little old German Granny used the N word in German, I remember mom wincing.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 10:35 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Coogan really is some kind social comedic genius.

Wings did have some good music though !
Old Jun 13th 2020, 12:03 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A fundraiser for one of our own who needs our help. You can read his story here...

https://britishexpats.com/forum/mapl...919043/page36/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/moving-to...=copy_link-tip
Well done JG
Old Jun 13th 2020, 12:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Old Jun 13th 2020, 1:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Oooh. I guess it's time to watch it again; I don't remember that bit. My little old German Granny used the N word in German, I remember mom wincing.
I posted the clip in a similar discussion on the dark side of BE yesterday
Old Jun 13th 2020, 3:18 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

So true.

Old Jun 18th 2020, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Why in the UK/on the bbc have they gone with ‘taking the knee’? I’ve only heard ‘taking a knee’ here, or on US news. Just me?
(of course I have never seen GOT)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.