Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by caretaker
If you want to know who loves you more, (your wife or your dog) lock them both in the trunk of the car for a couple of hours then open it up and you'll see which one is glad to see you.
I used to have a fridge magnet...Husband and dog missing. $500 reward for dog.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Intelcom Express by far worst courier in Canada, they make Purolator look efficient and competent.
I just had two deliveries from them Friday and Saturday. I'd never heard of them until I got the emails with the tracking details. Would it surprise you if I said both were exactly as promised?

Actually, one was about 5 minutes outside the delivery window.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Somebody tell me why...every bloody time I speak to my husband or son they don’t respond When I speak to the dog...they both respond...from other rooms on other floors...I fear I need to change my communication skills...
They have their earphones in blocking you out and when you speak to the dog there's a listening device in with its micro-chip and they hear you that way.

Old Jul 1st 2020, 12:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I just had two deliveries from them Friday and Saturday. I'd never heard of them until I got the emails with the tracking details. Would it surprise you if I said both were exactly as promised?

I think smaller city makes a difference.

Old Jul 1st 2020, 12:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

They have their earphones in blocking you out and when you speak to the dog there's a listening device in with its micro-chip and they hear you that way.

And make sure to scan various parts of the dogs body, dang chips can migrate, our dogs chip last time she was test scanned and her chip has migrated a bit over the years.

GPS chip that one could access and locate their dog similiar to how you can locate your phone would be nice, would also make it easier to find dogs who have been stolen.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 12:44 am
Account Closed

6 years actually seems like a bit of a light sentence, she got lucky.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-liu-1.5631856
Old Jul 1st 2020, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

GPS chip that one could access and locate their dog similiar to how you can locate your phone would be nice, would also make it easier to find dogs who have been stolen.
so many lost dog posters in our area. This should be a thing.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 3:06 am
Account Closed

As expected Amazon pushed the arrive by date until July 2nd, but there is still no tracking information beyond the parcel sent on June 28th.

Oh well I just got a vacuum at Canadian Tire as they had one now on sale for $59 which is what the Amazon one cost, if the Amazon one shows up it will go back, if its not here by Friday, I will require a refund from Amazon.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 3:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Would make things easier.

I only had a dog lost once, luckily she was found, but she made it from the NE side of Edmonton to Leduc, no way I would ever have found her, just chance she was found and the person who found her saw my lost dog notice on kijiji.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 4:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

6 years actually seems like a bit of a light sentence, she got lucky.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-liu-1.5631856
Yes, from what's reported in the article about what she did, her sentence seems very light. Chemical weapons aren't used for anything innocent.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 4:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
​​​​​​Would have saved this poor doggy a very long, hot and dry journey! Clever boy, pat pat

The farthest distance that a lost pet dog has found his way home occurred in 1979 when Jimpa, a labrador/boxer cross, turned up at his old home in Pimpinio, Victoria, Australia after walking 3,218 km (2,000 miles) across Australia. His owner, Warren Dumesney (Australia), had taken the dog with him 14 months earlier when he went to work on a farm at Nyabing, Western Australia. During his trek the dog negotiated the almost waterless Nullarbor Plain.
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...-by-a-lost-dog
Old Jul 1st 2020, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yes, from what's reported in the article about what she did, her sentence seems very light. Chemical weapons aren't used for anything innocent.
No they are not. She got lucky with the sentence, the US can be pretty harsh and unforgiving at times when it comes to sentences, and almost sounds like the US wants to send her back to Canada sooner rather than later.

Old Jul 1st 2020, 10:19 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
No they are not. She got lucky with the sentence, the US can be pretty harsh and unforgiving at times when it comes to sentences, and almost sounds like the US wants to send her back to Canada sooner rather than later.
I wouldn't have a clue how to get on the dark web. Anyone here ever done it?

I mean, what do you do, type in thedarkweb.com and you get a series of tabs for contract killings, nuclear devices, guns etc come up and each one has a drop down menu for which country for the hitman or nuclear weapon, that sort of thing? Or is it tiles with a symbol or picture on like Windows 10 desktop?

And then you part with all that money for something that you may not get or you might even get arrested. Is there no money back guarantee like with Amazon and ebay? I mean, these are villains aren't they. You trust them with your money or bankk details and risk crossing borders too.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 1:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

You trust them with your money or bank details and risk crossing borders too.
Hah! You don't even have the Bitcoins! If you're going to try to buy a nuclear weapon or hire a hitman on the dark web I absolutely want to watch. We've seen you shopping.
https://darkwebbitcoin.com/

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 1st 2020 at 1:30 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 4:03 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
Hah! You don't even have the Bitcoins! If you're going to try to buy a nuclear weapon or hire a hitman on the dark web I absolutely want to watch. We've seen you shopping.
https://darkwebbitcoin.com/
And special wallets too.

I wonder if there's a senior's discount for Wednesday contract killings?

Or maybe a twofer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.