Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Could you have the cooling unit in your bedroom and extend the venting hose to another window somewhere? They are available (google search)
Good thought but all the upstairs windows are similar. Maybe someone will buy me a quiet bladeless Dyson fan.

(It's only too warm when I'm minimising aircon use)
Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Shark vs Osprey

Photo on reddit taken by someone in San Diego.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sandiego/co...hawk_that_had/
Old Jun 16th 2018, 3:54 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Completely fed up with trying to find a groomers that can do a great job more than once. My poor little girl has had to see a vet for the damage this time. The groomers claim they have no idea how she ended up damaged and are saying they think they pulled a scab off with the brush, seriously, we would have noticed blood prior, on a wound this big.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 4:27 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Completely fed up with trying to find a groomers that can do a great job more than once. My poor little girl has had to see a vet for the damage this time. The groomers claim they have no idea how she ended up damaged and are saying they think they pulled a scab off with the brush, seriously, we would have noticed blood prior, on a wound this big.

That's terrible! I would ask the vet how old that wound is, what could have caused it, is it a clean cut etc., and then I would be suing the arse off the groomers

Poor little girl

I don't know if you have mobile groomers in your area, that will come to the house? I've found they are more careful and do a better job than the hack n slash merchants at some of those store front ones. Perhaps because they have to rely heavily on repeats and recommendations... plus, because they are parked in your driveway while they do it, it's very easy to be checked up on!

Best of luck and hugs to the little one.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 4:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor doggy. How on earth did they manage to do that?

Our dog is short haired so doesn't need grooming but she goes in for nail trimming since she is less then cooperative with us, and once we went to a petsmart and I was looking at this fish while they were doing her nails, and then I could hear Charlee screaming from the grooming room in the back of the store from where I was in the front, I went back straight and they acted like nothing happened, but never had the dog run to me so fast and clearly scared of the lady. No idea what happened, they said they just cut the nail too short, but I saw no evidence of that.

We went back to the store a few weeks later and Charlee wouldn't even go in, so something happened that day.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 10:09 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

The vets initial reaction was a bite, once he shaved her down he said, maybe not. He said maybe she had torn on something, barbed wire or similar. The groomer said maybe she had a scrap that got caught in the brush.

she doesn't go off leash. There is no barbed wire near us. If she has a prior injury THAT big, we would have seen it...and the blood in the house.

I think, that the groomers brush caught a knot and she just ripped away.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 11:57 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

The vets initial reaction was a bite, once he shaved her down he said, maybe not. He said maybe she had torn on something, barbed wire or similar. The groomer said maybe she had a scrap that got caught in the brush.

she doesn't go off leash. There is no barbed wire near us. If she has a prior injury THAT big, we would have seen it...and the blood in the house.

I think, that the groomers brush caught a knot and she just ripped away.
well ll it's odd for sure. It doesn't look like a pulled matt to me I think that would be more round than long. Careless of them whatever it was. I stay at the groomers usually.but last time I had to leave as she had a few dogs there and I'm allergic to them. I'll have to make sure next time isn't on pick up day.

i take him to the vets between grooms to get his nails clipped, I daren't do them myself as they're black.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:05 am

It wasn't a long 'cut more like a deep skinned knee with a little flap. It only looks long because of the staples, vet wasn't sure the would hold. I can't stay, she's a 4 hour groom. She has black nails too. I say 4 hours, her appointment was for 8.30am, I called at one, she wasn't ready, they called me at 2.30pm to say she was ready.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:18 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like they rushed it doesn't it. Maybe caught her on a nail? Poor thing. All that and 4 hours at the hairdressers. Nightmare. My little poodle is only an hour as he doesn't get all fluffed up.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 5:41 am
Account Closed

It's amazing how fast one can fall behind simply from missing a month of work. I go back next weekend, and a month off, will take like 3-5 months to catch back up...

Modern medicine has so many answers sometimes, but at the same time still has a long ways to go.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It's amazing how fast one can fall behind simply from missing a month of work. I go back next weekend, and a month off, will take like 3-5 months to catch back up...

Modern medicine has so many answers sometimes, but at the same time still has a long ways to go.
We've really noticed a difference $200 less from my pay check is. OH isn't making as much at the moment either as it's quiet where he works, which is why we are noticing the drop in my pay. It's a complete bummer. Food is more expensive, gas is more expensive, utilities are more expensive, fast food is now ridiculous.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 12:21 am
Account Closed

We've really noticed a difference $200 less from my pay check is. OH isn't making as much at the moment either as it's quiet where he works, which is why we are noticing the drop in my pay. It's a complete bummer. Food is more expensive, gas is more expensive, utilities are more expensive, fast food is now ridiculous.
Fast food has gotten insane. We don't even go anymore, we really don't go do much of anything these days. Its rough out there for sure. Its a bit sick to the stomach to realize our rent has increase 305% in the last 5 years (not all in one rental) vs the 24% our income has increased.

I am really worried about fall though, its causing a lot of stress.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

It would be nice to not have constant bad things happen, the little good things simply cannot make up for all the bad, seems no matter what we do, something bad happens to pull us down or multiple bad things at once.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It would be nice to not have constant bad things happen, the little good things simply cannot make up for all the bad, seems no matter what we do, something bad happens to pull us down or multiple bad things at once.
This year has been awful for us, one thing after another. It's been awful for my daughter too, every time she thinks she can breathe something else happens.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:44 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, the medications I am on (or a combination of them) have made my skin sensitive to sunlight.. I now have a prickly heat type of rash plus sunburn, sigh. Haven't had sunburn in more than 40 years

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 21st 2018 at 3:46 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.