Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

I’ve offered too. Although we’ve never met we live very close to each other. I’m hoping she will take up the offer of help now or even later when she’s home if she needs it 😊

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Blimey. A couple of days away from the forums and back to this news. Siouxie, all the very best, what a horrible and frightening experience that must have been.

I'm tempted to ask what we can do to help, but that's really annoying and puts the onus on you to make decisions when you should be resting. So, here's one specific question for you: do you have somebody looking after houseplants/pets/etc? If not, shout - and the western GTA/Hamilton contingent of BE will be on it!

It sounds like you may have gotten away with a warning on this one, and can be fixed up and monitored in an effort to prevent the next one. Take it easy, rest up, follow doctors' orders, and get well soon
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:19 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I remember the 70's (I was 5 1/2 when they began) and believe me you're not missing much. It was the decade that taste skipped over. When you think of bad fashion, bad music, bad tv, bad architecture, bad car design, bad crazes/fads, just think of the 70's.
Nah, that was the 80s.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:33 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Thsnks all

still in hospital. Apparentlly I have arterial thrombosis and am AT VERY high rrisk of anothr sttroke or a heart attack and have several blood clots in my shoulders. I AM ON MEDS AND WAITING TO SEE IF i HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY AS i HAVE 100% BLOCKED CARATOID ARTERY, 70% BLOCKED JUGULAR AND HAVE SOFT PLAQUE IN MY BRAIN ARTERIES. i'm still doing well though and am in good hands. With meds and luck I should live long and prosper!
Been away for a few days and just seen this... best wishes to you for your recovery from this.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Nah, that was the 80s.
I dont recall fashion of the 80s and early 90s being all that grand.

Our house was basic brown carpet and white walls and that pop corn ceiling popular at the time.

Thing about the early 90s fashion and well mid 90s is the 20 somethings of today are dressing like early to mid 90s.

The fashion wasnt good then and its not now...ha ha

Looking back hardest thing about getting older is its difficult to compete with more educated and skilled 20 somethings.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

We are so screwed.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 8:01 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
We are so screwed.
We are?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

We are so screwed.
Originally Posted by bats
We are?
I knew it.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 9:04 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

We are so screwed.
Who's "we"?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Who's "we"?
Wife and I are we.

There was a small flood this morning which also caused a small flood to the business below us and several other issues that have occurred since Friday that have created a mess, and on top of it, I have been ill all week with fever and respiratory problems.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 3rd 2018 at 10:44 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:48 pm
Lowering the tone

Well, I appreciate that's a bad day. But remember there are literally dozens of people on here who can offer real support in time of need.

This is a Brit forum, we like the direct approach. A direct request for specific help will likely see you overwhelmed with support. A series of vague hinted problematic posts? Nah... doesn't usually work.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Well, I appreciate that's a bad day. But remember there are literally dozens of people on here who can offer real support in time of need.

This is a Brit forum, we like the direct approach. A direct request for specific help will likely see you overwhelmed with support. A series of vague hinted problematic posts? Nah... doesn't usually work.
It was just a bit of a vent as it was a rough morning and dealing with all while being ill made it more frustrating to deal with.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 3:27 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter learned that if you break down in tears in Canadian Tire they will reduce your car repair bill! Bless her, she'd had a stressful time and she really isn't a crier. I'd already told her to text Dad if she needed more dosh, but she wanted to sort it on her own, we sent more cash� ����
Old Apr 4th 2018, 3:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There is too much risk, too high a risk of heart attack brain bleed or stroke during sugery, so no operation for 3 months unless it's an emergency. I am in danger of stroke or heart attack for next 3 months. I see the neurologist in 2 weeks, the stroke team around the same time and the vascular surgeon in 3 2weeks. I will have to return if I have issues with my arm/hand (I am at risk of losing the use of my arm due to a blood clot); or chest pains or head pains. Aslo have another CAT scan before they can consider surgery. I was very sick over the weekend from the meds, but I have new ones now which I will be on for life. They will help to stablise the soft plaque that are throughout my arteries including my brain. But overall I am doing good xxx

Thanks for the kind offers and wishes, much appreciated.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 4:11 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
There is too much risk, too high a risk of heart attack brain bleed or stroke during sugery, so no operation for 3 months unless it's an emergency. I am in danger of stroke or heart attack for next 3 months. I see the neurologist in 2 weeks, the stroke team around the same time and the vascular surgeon in 3 2weeks. I will have to return if I have issues with my arm/hand (I am at risk of losing the use of my arm due to a blood clot); or chest pains or head pains. Aslo have another CAT scan before they can consider surgery. I was very sick over the weekend from the meds, but I have new ones now which I will be on for life. They will help to stablise the soft plaque that are throughout my arteries including my brain. But overall I am doing good xxx

Thanks for the kind offers and wishes, much appreciated.
Souxie that all sounds like it's a lot to get your head around. Accept the help from those nearby and know that those further away would be there if we could be.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Souxie that all sounds like it's a lot to get your head around. Accept the help from those nearby and know that those further away would be there if we could be.
I agree. Remember I’m at Mohawk and Upper James so close to you. I have a flexible job so I can help you with appointments or shopping or whatever you need 😊

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.