Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Mar 20th 2017, 9:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Mar 20th 2017, 10:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

More corpsing

Old Mar 21st 2017, 12:22 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 21st 2017 at 12:25 am.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Cool. (I nearly didn't watch cos I thought something awful was going to happen)
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 1:44 am
Oscar nominated

Watched part 4 of Broadchurch tonight and then took a streetview trip around West Bay - it doubles for Broadchurch.

I had my first holiday away from parents at West Bay at age 15. Four lads in a tent on the camp site.

We drank Brown Splits in one of the pubs but it was too strong for me and I kept pouring parts of it away (in the pub garden) rather than admit I didn't like it. After a few days I switched to Bitter with a dash (or bitter top as the locals called it)which was much better.

Ran out of spending money towards the end of the fortnight and made it last by a night at the cinema - Fiddler on the Roof - which getting in for under 14 was cheaper than the pub and a packet of Ritz crackers for tea on the last day.

I wore my new pink trousers (from Austin's Trouser House) for the first time in that week along with a par of flared jeans with a bell on one leg
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Watched part 4 of Broadchurch tonight and then took a streetview trip around West Bay - it doubles for Broadchurch.

I had my first holiday away from parents at West Bay at age 15. Four lads in a tent on the camp site.

We drank Brown Splits in one of the pubs but it was too strong for me and I kept pouring parts of it away (in the pub garden) rather than admit I didn't like it. After a few days I switched to Bitter with a dash (or bitter top as the locals called it)which was much better.

Ran out of spending money towards the end of the fortnight and made it last by a night at the cinema - Fiddler on the Roof - which getting in for under 14 was cheaper than the pub and a packet of Ritz crackers for tea on the last day.

I wore my new pink trousers (from Austin's Trouser House) for the first time in that week along with a par of flared jeans with a bell on one leg
You must have been quite the looker. Lol

I remember having bright yellow flares in the 70s. Had a matching jacket. My sister had a similar ensemble that was brown with pink shoulders! Lol
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 2:33 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I remember having bright yellow flares in the 70s. Had a matching jacket. My sister had a similar ensemble that was brown with pink shoulders! Lol
Perhaps Siouxie will be along to report on her 70s gear
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps Siouxie will be along to report on her 70s gear
Not Siouxsie, but I do recall a pair of purple flowered cords, which at the time were much admired...
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 12:02 pm
Oscar nominated

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The hospital wants you to pay for parking but then only have machines accepting credit card and not cash so those without a credit cards have no method to pay and have to risk a ticket.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ebonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The hospital wants you to pay for parking but then only have machines accepting credit card and not cash so those without a credit cards have no method to pay and have to risk a ticket.
I found it more annoying (back in the day), when you had to pay for hospital parking by putting coins into the swing-gate as you were exiting the lot - more than a few times you only realized that you didn't have the right denominations of coins to pay (for example, if the fee was $2, the machine would only accept 8 quarters (loonies and toonies didn't exist then), but wouldn't accept 7 quarters, two dimes, and a nickel), and had to re-park, go back into the hospital, and get the right series of coins
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ebonhawke
I found it more annoying (back in the day), when you had to pay for hospital parking by putting coins into the swing-gate as you were exiting the lot - more than a few times you only realized that you didn't have the right denominations of coins to pay (for example, if the fee was $2, the machine would only accept 8 quarters (loonies and toonies didn't exist then), but wouldn't accept 7 quarters, two dimes, and a nickel), and had to re-park, go back into the hospital, and get the right series of coins
That would be annoying as well. Luckily we did not get a ticket.

Today has not been our day. Tried to take 500 out of the ATM and machine said no and dispensed no cash but 500 was deducted from the account and bank is playing the machines dont make error card.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:51 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

That would be annoying as well. Luckily we did not get a ticket.

Today has not been our day. Tried to take 500 out of the ATM and machine said no and dispensed no cash but 500 was deducted from the account and bank is playing the machines dont make error card.
That sucks, did u sort it out
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 12:59 am
Oscar nominated

"No" on screen or was there a printed slip produced as well?

They should discover $500 too much when they do their reckoning.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 1:13 am
Account Closed

Theory is when the machine is reconciled tonight it should have 500 too much in it. But nobody will know until tomorrow so we wait and see.

No receipt printed. Screen just said transaction not completed and spit the card out.

"No" on screen or was there a printed slip produced as well?

They should discover $500 too much when they do their reckoning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.