Nostalgia Corner

Old Aug 24th 2016, 12:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nostalgia Corner

Originally Posted by Oink
My first computer.
...and mine.
Attached Thumbnails Nostalgia Corner-elliot903.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:35 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...and mine.
...and mine

Last edited by Oakvillian; Aug 24th 2016 at 1:37 am. Reason: found a smaller picture, removed huuuuuge one.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 2:03 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
...and mine

My 1974 (house brick) desk calculator

Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:05 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas how I can embed a you tube clip on here?
Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:43 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Any ideas how I can embed a you tube clip on here?
take just the actual code for the youtube video (the eleven or so characters after the "v=" bit in the URL, which are the same as the last characters in the box that opens when you click on the "share" link). Copy these. Ignore the rest of the web address or the share link.

Paste them into the BE reply box, and type [ youtube ] and [ /youtube ] around them - but without the spaces between the brackets and the words.... so that your post looks like this:

message message message message here's a video:
[.youtube]Wh47Ev3R[/youtube.]

more messag-y bits if you want
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:28 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

take just the actual code for the youtube video (the eleven or so characters after the "v=" bit in the URL, which are the same as the last characters in the box that opens when you click on the "share" link). Copy these. Ignore the rest of the web address or the share link.

Paste them into the BE reply box, and type [ youtube ] and [ /youtube ] around them - but without the spaces between the brackets and the words.... so that your post looks like this:
I do it slightly differently. I copy the whole url and paste the whole thing in.
Then I highlight the first part up to and including the = and type [youtube] there.

Then at the end I type /youtube in between [ ]

Like this
Attached Thumbnails Nostalgia Corner-yt.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I just copy and paste the link and it always just embeds, never had to do any of the fancy stuff mentioned above. I just copy link, paste and presto.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:46 am
Magnificently Withering

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I just copy and paste the link and it always just embeds, never had to do any of the fancy stuff mentioned above. I just copy link, paste and presto.
Ah, maybe that's been fixed, then. There was an issue with that method not always working. Good to know!
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:54 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I tried that just the other day to see if it had been fixed. And again just now.

Didn't work.

Ah, maybe that's been fixed, then. There was an issue with that method not always working. Good to know!
Back when there was a problem, I did a quote on someone's post and I could see how they had done it. I've done it that way ever since.

A couple of days ago I tried various alternatives as Js says and different ones. None worked, so I'm back to the method mentioned.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 5:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's fixed, all you have to do is paste the link - no additional code required.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 6:13 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's fixed, all you have to do is paste the link - no additional code required.

Ah...I see what happens. Only the url shows in preview but the clip is actually embedded in the post itself.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:55 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone put tennis balls into Mums pop socks and for some unknown reason bash them against a wall for hours on end?
Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:08 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

This was what I wanted to post - Knightmare! One of the great kids TV shows. I was about 5/6 and I actually thought the kid that was in the virtual reality world would be falling/die etc

Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:44 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Did anyone put tennis balls into Mums pop socks and for some unknown reason bash them against a wall for hours on end?
Not me.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Piff Poff

Me . MeMeMeMeMe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.