Nostalgia Corner

Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:51 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nostalgia Corner

Anyone else play Eggy Peggy?
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Anyone else play Eggy Peggy?
Wage dagid sagomagethaging sagimagilagar.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Warpy sparpoke sarpum tharping sarpimarpilarpa, arpin marpeye darpay.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:00 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
This was what I wanted to post - Knightmare! One of the great kids TV shows. I was about 5/6 and I actually thought the kid that was in the virtual reality world would be falling/die etc
So now we are back to TV, I remember Children of the Stones, Tomorrow People, The Owl Service as being spooky and weird. Especially Children of the Stones scared me as a kid. I notice I can buy the DVD on Amazon, can't quite build up the courage to buy it. I have a horrible feeling it will be a disappointment.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:27 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
This was what I wanted to post - Knightmare! One of the great kids TV shows. I was about 5/6 and I actually thought the kid that was in the virtual reality world would be falling/die etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywMxbEc2XKo
I loved that one- usually the participant kids were little toffs and if they fell then that would have lead to even more fun!

Originally Posted by becks_r
So now we are back to TV, I remember Children of the Stones, Tomorrow People, The Owl Service as being spooky and weird. Especially Children of the Stones scared me as a kid. I notice I can buy the DVD on Amazon, can't quite build up the courage to buy it. I have a horrible feeling it will be a disappointment.
I don't remember the Children of the stones- Tomorrow People was good. I wouldn't waste your money- look on YouTube- COTS is on there

PS- the sound effects and music did my head in- I managed to last two episodes

Last edited by Stinkypup; Aug 24th 2016 at 11:53 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:28 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Wage dagid sagomagethaging sagimagilagar.
Call an ambulance... He has lost either the power of rational speech or gone loopy
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I loved that one- usually the participant kids were little toffs and if they fell then that would have lead to even more fun!

I don't remember the Children of the stones- Tomorrow People was good. I wouldn't waste your money- look on YouTube- COTS is on there

PS- the sound effects and music did my head in- I managed to last two episodes
I remember those .. and "Survivors" and "Quatermass" (1970's) not forgetting "Project Blue Book"

Anyone remember The Clangers?

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 24th 2016 at 11:59 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 12:37 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I remember those .. and "Survivors" and "Quatermass" (1970's) not forgetting "Project Blue Book"

Anyone remember The Clangers?
Yes, I was thinking of them, quite cute but not as good when watching again on YouTube . How about the Herbs? Favourite was Dill (the dog) ... Of course!
Old Aug 25th 2016, 1:50 am
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

I remember knitting a clanger one summer holiday to take into school in September. Not sure why I had to knit a clanger, and I wasn't very good at knitting, so it looked very weird at the end of it!!!

I read Oliver Postgate's autobiography (called Seeing Things), I sort of remember reading that the clangers swore in some episodes. But I would have to read it again to be sure!! I think the Master in Doctor Who watched the clangers, thinking it was real!!

I also enjoyed Ivor the engine......
Old Aug 25th 2016, 2:11 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by becks_r
I remember knitting a clanger one summer holiday to take into school in September. Not sure why I had to knit a clanger, and I wasn't very good at knitting, so it looked very weird at the end of it!!!

I read Oliver Postgate's autobiography (called Seeing Things), I sort of remember reading that the clangers swore in some episodes. But I would have to read it again to be sure!! I think the Master in Doctor Who watched the clangers, thinking it was real!!

I also enjoyed Ivor the engine......
Ok becks, punishment for knitting a deformed Clanger is to binge watch Children of the Stones from start to finish - you will be talking like Bristol at the end of that ordeal
Old Aug 25th 2016, 2:18 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Many moons ago, I remember our first office PC with awe and wonder, we had to type < > and codes for everything (mail merges to sharholders got interesting, if you took your eye off the cursor!) we all did this unquestioningly for a couple of years....then we all got linked and we got a WANG. Gosh I loved the WANG, it even had a game! No pictures...just words... "you are in a dark canyon, turn SE or SW".

We were beasts to the slaughter! Me and a couple of the men I worked with were hooked, we went in at weekends and stayed late to try and map the world of wang, we built 3D maps and phoned the States when the map seemed to shift! Very heady stuff! We were obsessed.h

Televisually I was a Magpie woman...
Old Aug 25th 2016, 2:23 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
...then we all got linked and we got a WANG. Gosh I loved the WANG, it even had a game!...
It was with trepidation that I just googled images for a Wang

I was relieved but also disappointed.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 4:54 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Seminal.

Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:32 pm
Oscar nominated

I can't believe I didn't mention the wonderful BBC show The Rock 'n' Roll Years

What I didn't know is that RTE produced one like it too