This needs to stop

Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:09 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This needs to stop

Anonymous are claiming to have outed the guy who was stalking her
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:26 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
A lot of psychological abuse.

Also having separated parents can not have helped. They must be feeling terrible.

The whole thing sickens me. I hope they catch and arrest the sicko who sent the picture to everyone she knows.
Yes, that's the big difference now - you can't run away from it. When I think about the idiot things I did as a 12, 13, 14 year old girl I am really glad there was no internet.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:29 pm

This is also a good wake up call for those who imagine it's better for the kiiiids in Canada. This girl's bullying started in Maple Ridge, allegedly bucolic suburb of Vancouver, far away from teh big city etc etc. That's also the town where the gang rape of a teen girl was filmed, shown all around the 'net, yet all the kids have refused to tell who the perps where. Lovely safe places, the Canadian burbs.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=PhilandAmanda;10330734

Naaa, in your lala land he says "I knew there was going to be an accident but I did it anyway." Whatever you are smoking I want some![/QUOTE]
Time for accident reconstruction class! The police take statements, photographs, measure skid marks, and tell the world who tried to stop and who didn't, and if a charge of failure to yield, driving without due care and attention, or driving too fast for road conditions apply they may be laid. You used the accident as an example in the first place, and now seem to think being silly or rude will make it a better example. I'm not offended because I don't care. And I'll bet what I'm smoking is at least as good as yours, (Novocastrian can probably hook you up).

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 14th 2012 at 11:02 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:24 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
Anonymous are claiming to have outed the guy who was stalking her
Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 15th 2012, 12:26 am
Just Joined

PhilandAmanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caretaker
Time for accident reconstruction class! The police take statements, photographs, measure skid marks, and tell the world who tried to stop and who didn't, and if a charge of failure to yield, driving without due care and attention, or driving too fast for road conditions apply they may be laid. You used the accident as an example in the first place, and now seem to think being silly or rude will make it a better example. I'm not offended because I don't care. And I'll bet what I'm smoking is at least as good as yours, (Novocastrian can probably hook you up).
My silliness was totaly in response to your silliness. I was using a very simple example to emphasize that there is a difference between being right and doing the right thing. You are being totally obtuse by quoting traffic laws. (roll eyes). The point I am making is nothing to do with traffic! A bully is essentially a criminal and will, by definition, not obey laws. The criminal will lie and when the authority, usually teachers, and usually lazy, is looking for an easy way out rather than justice then any possibility of blaming the victim will be taken. If the victim can be blamed the incident is over. If the criminal must be dealt with as a criminal then there is lots of work ahead. The teacher will usually take the easy way out simply for selfish reasons.

Although the bully is the culprit authority must take the responsibility because their job is to prevent this sort of thing. Anybody with an ounce of empathy could stop bullying in a school. The responsiblity for the very existence of bullying in a school rests very firmly on the school staff. I'm sure I don't have to spell out other "crimes" that children commit that would be very severely dealt with before they became a problem. Some "crimes" are more politically incorrect than others. Stopping it is very easy. Wanting to stop it is where the problem lies.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope they catch the guy who was instrumental in this. A lot of blame also goes to the school 'friends' who bullied her over this instead of rallying to her and the boy who took advantage of a vulnerable girl.

Always sad to see such a young person give up this way.

Just as I was moving over here a teenage suicide cult seemed to appear in a town not too far from where i was brought up.

how-grim-was-my-valley

baffling
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:26 am

Fingers crossed!
Allegedly he's been outed. his name is on the interwebz.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:47 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable.....It seems after her horrific death, some sickos are still taking it upon themselves to abuse the poor girl.

A similar happened last year when the son (who was gay) of the Ottawa Sens team doctor committed suicide, some freaks took the Facebook page that was setup for him, and started defacing the pictures
Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:43 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the problems stem from the apparent need to share everything with strangers on the internet.

Being bullied on Twitter? do you:

(a) close your Twitter account
(b) make a self-pitying film and post it on YouTube and invite comments from strangers

Young person then commits suicide due to even more internet bullying. As family, do you:

(a) grieve privately and resolve to learn the dangers of publicising the minutae of your life online
(b) set up a Facebook tribute page and invite comments from strangers
Old Oct 15th 2012, 1:52 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
A lot of the problems stem from the apparent need to share everything with strangers on the internet.

Being bullied on Twitter? do you:

(a) close your Twitter account
(b) make a self-pitying film and post it on YouTube and invite comments from strangers

Young person then commits suicide due to even more internet bullying. As family, do you:

(a) grieve privately and resolve to learn the dangers of publicising the minutae of your life online
(b) set up a Facebook tribute page and invite comments from strangers
I agree to a point. But would have shutting her accounts have stopped a clearly cruel individual reposting stuff???

One mistake online by a young manipulated child should not lead to being staled for the next few years of your life.

There needs to be greater penalties and more of a big brother approach from Social Media sites where police and authorities can access information easily
in cases like this.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:04 pm
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

There needs to be greater penalties and more of a big brother approach from Social Media sites where police and authorities can access information easily
in cases like this.
Twaddle. If you find you have a bullied kid, male or female, try to get them to join a boxing club.
Bullied kids are fearful of physical harm. That's why the bullies have the power. Once they have a bullied kid scared of physical harm, the also have the power over them mentally.
It ain't that straight forward but once you've had a couple of clumps in a ring you see it ain't that terrifying.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:10 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by didikai
Twaddle. If you find you have a bullied kid, male or female, try to get them to join a boxing club.
Bullied kids are fearful of physical harm. That's why the bullies have the power. Once they have a bullied kid scared of physical harm, the also have the power over them mentally.
It ain't that straight forward but once you've had a couple of clumps in a ring you see it ain't that terrifying.
How is that going to help a kid being stalked on the net by an anonymous person?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:34 pm
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
How is that going to help a kid being stalked on the net by an anonymous person?
I wasn't talking about the net. And I said it ain't that straightforward.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
exactly.

I think it's harder for the older generation (myself incl) to understand how bullying has changed. Not that I think Amanda was just being bullied. I really think she was being stalked by a malicious sicko. It's so much more insidious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.