This needs to stop

Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This needs to stop

Originally Posted by wonderwoman1st
Wow! such animosity and so opinionated. Why continue an argument from an old thread (as you pointed out on your post too?) That's a bit silly isn't it. How about kissing and making up?

I happen to agree with him, and am not blind to teenagers being raised either, I was one myself and not all are alike on how they think or act either.. I didn't follow the crowd or care to for one thing, so how about not being so tunnel visioned about all that, because yes they do learn things for themselves, and sometimes they DO have to be guided too importantly by those parents who truly care about their children.

Not going to find a way to access the internet if they are stuck at home with their parents after school either are they, or better still doing sport until tired and ready for bed at bedtime.
You know nothing about bringing up teenagers in this social media world, its nothing like when we were teenagers.

You have a 3 year old, a toddler you can control what they wear, who they see, when they go to bed, what they eat so how the hec could you possible relate to any of this.

I'll check in on you in about 10 years time and help wash the egg of your face shall I?? Funnily enough the waiting rooms on the children pysch wards are full of parents sitting there wondering where it all went wrong. I know I was one!

I did everything and anything to be the best parent I could be. But as I say its like Russian Roulette you never know what you're gonna end up with there are no guarantees.

I had a rough idea but completely underestimated just how stressful these teenage years in this cyber world is. Yes we found out the hard way but I'm thankful that at least I swallowed my pride and gobbled up as much information as I could from the experts and listened to what they were telling me, they made sense of a mad situation. At least I didn't think I knew it all because I was a teenager once!

But no you just carry on with your idealistic parenting and your know it all attitude and we'll see where that gets you.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:49 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mardyarse
You know nothing about bringing up teenagers in this social media world, its nothing like when we were teenagers.

You have a 3 year old, a toddler you can control what they wear, who they see, when they go to bed, what they eat so how the hec could you possible relate to any of this.

I'll check in on you in about 10 years time and help wash the egg of your face shall I?? Funnily enough the waiting rooms on the children pysch wards are full of parents sitting there wondering where it all went wrong. I know I was one!

I did everything and anything to be the best parent I could be. But as I say its like Russian Roulette you never know what you're gonna end up with there are no guarantees.

I had a rough idea but completely underestimated just how stressful these teenage years in this cyber world is. Yes we found out the hard way but I'm thankful that at least I swallowed my pride and gobbled up as much information as I could from the experts and listened to what they were telling me, they made sense of a mad situation. At least I didn't think I knew it all because I was a teenager once!

But no you just carry on with your idealistic parenting and your know it all attitude and we'll see where that gets you.
Agreed!
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:38 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mardyarse
Ultrarunner, you clearly don't have teeangers, you have an awful lot to learn. Whilst your suggestions are appropriate (for the age group that can be controlled) just understand that they are always two steps ahead of you.

You have to let your kids learn by their own mistakes whilst shadowing them and trying to keep yourself as informed as possible. But especially with young girls if you try to control them this is the number one reason for self harming. I hope you have the personality that is capable of not judging but listening and not taking over but guiding.

Kids will always find a way of accessing the internet (even school has wireless) so whatever you do at home they will be able to access at school.

Oh and just one more thing Ultrarunner, I seem to remember you posting a while back about young teenage girls wearing next to nothing and being judged about their morals. You see I've been waiting for an appropriate time and place to pick you up on your judgements on that subject. You see those comments will never go away and they are there for good for all to see. Your children will hear your judgements and could potentially become bullies or they could be on the other end of bullies for dressing a certain way (no you can't control what they wear either!). So I would be very careful about not coming across as a hypocrite if I were you.
Mardy......actually I do have a teenager, and no she is not 2 or 3 steps ahead of me. I work with technology and have interest in technology and can get into a facebook account in under 10mins

I know she will access the internet at school or at Starbucks, but am sure the schools monitor their networks for inappropriate use. I know it's harder for girls than boys because of all the teenage drama with boys, makeup and gossip

I am not one of those parents that sit on their arse and don't know what is going on with their kids education, or unable to help with maths and science. My parents made a point of making me realize that education is your legacy, and I try to make my kids see it that way too. We went through a similar situation as to what Lorry1 described above, and I guess she was calling my bluff until I showed her screenshots and conversations

So your assumption about me was wrong. Not looking to pick a fight with you by the way

Last edited by ultrarunner; Oct 15th 2012 at 10:52 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:52 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by didikai
Thank you for the posting lesson. And I only come here to have fun
I don't know why you re-posted and then started with twaddle I felt mildly insulted :-). I have only now just learned you didn't intend to re-post me.

I'll be honest I kind of agree with you. It is not that boxing would have made the kid less fearful of being hurt physically but I myself having done boxing and other martial arts activities over the years and I think it would have helped with meeting people in a mature environment and self confidence.

At 14 years old I was badly beaten up by a gang older boys 16/17 from another school and council estate whilst minding my own business and walking into town. I was terrified to leave my house and always fearful of what was around the corner for close to a year.

Martial Arts helped restore confidence as well as all the feel good endorphines that exercise brings. Discipline is essential in any class and you are always made to feel part of a family of all abilities and age groups.

I did read that Amanda's mother thought that she was improving and that the local authorities had been a massive help with counselling and lots of other things. Tragically before taking her life Amanda left a video on her phone for her mother. The coroner feels it may help bring closure to the mother. She has just not been able to bring herself to watch it yet.

The whole thing really sickens and saddens me.

Last edited by JamesM; Oct 15th 2012 at 10:55 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:00 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Re: boxing. That or any other martial art isn't just a benefit because of protection, the self confidence that comes with mastering a sport requiring that degree of disipline might help a child cope with/resist being bullied. I've even seen it in a pre-schooler; a boy who was hemophiliac and very protected at home was enrolled in day-care and began having problems immediately. He wasn't being bullied, even though he was one of the smallest he was beating up on the other kids because he was insecure! At one point a worker saw him pick up a hammer and get ready to brain another kid with his back turned. Nice catch, no hit. The mom enrolled lil wozname in tai-kwon-do and he was a changed boy, best kid ever. Happy, considerate, outgoing, etc. The system killed him with a crap blood transfusion a year or two down the road and that was a real waste.
Mardyarse' post above is right on - it takes everyone to stand up for something like this.
Sorry only just saw this. I have re-iterated your comments about martial arts. A good disciplined environment for the bully and the bullied.

Although I agree with Kiwilass. This was more than bullying. It was a severe case of stalking.

And here is a link to Anonymous exposing the guy: http://motleynews.net/2012/10/14/ano...-extortionist/

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 18th 2012 at 10:06 am. Reason: Name removed.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:20 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
And here is a link to Anonymous exposing the guy: http://motleynews.net/2012/10/14/ano...-extortionist/

Kody Maxson. He lives on Sapper street in New Westminster in BC. He is 30 years old and I'd say about now he is pretty close to being a dead man walking. I hope the police have picked him up.
I guess the internet is now judge and jury and you have already convicted this guy. Sure hope you right or you're not any better than that guy.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:30 am
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hawk13
I guess the internet is now judge and jury and you have already convicted this guy. Sure hope you right or you're not any better than that guy.
We don't have any judges or juries who will dispense punishment. It's all people with your mentality. ........'Oh I was abused....!!!!' sob sob
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:01 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Not really convinced your argument or point is valid.

Like I said I hope the Police get to him first.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:40 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really convinced your argument or point is valid.

Like I said I hope the Police get to him first.
Point is.

So are you sure that is the right guy? 100%? Are you basing it on one website? So what if you're wrong? What if some wingnut (there seems to lots of them) decides to take things into his/her own hands and off's the guy, then we find out that it is a Kody Maxson but they got the address wrong?

Like I said, I hope your right or you're no better than "that" guy.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:53 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Point is.

So are you sure that is the right guy? 100%? Are you basing it on one website? So what if you're wrong? What if some wingnut (there seems to lots of them) decides to take things into his/her own hands and off's the guy, then we find out that it is a Kody Maxson but they got the address wrong?

Like I said, I hope your right or you're no better than "that" guy.
It is a poorly executed point.

I have already said I hope the Police pick him up.

If it is the guy then YOU are worse than him. Not only have you stoody idly by but you have tried to help him avoid the long arm of the law.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:20 am
Up Your Kilt

It is a poorly executed point.

I have already said I hope the Police pick him up.

If it is the guy then YOU are worse than him. Not only have you stoody idly by but you have tried to help him avoid the long arm of the law.
Sorry about poorly executing my point but I get it now. I'm standing idly by and helping him avoid the long arm of the law by not agreeing with you.

Have to run and a create a Facebook page to out the guy that you posted based on information from an another internet site. Will you join me by being my friend and start trashing the guy?

Get it? - if you don't get it, you never will.

Last edited by Hawk13; Oct 16th 2012 at 3:22 am.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:28 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Sorry about poorly executing my point but I get it now. I'm standing idly by and helping him avoid the long arm of the law by not agreeing with you.

Have to run and a create a Facebook page to out the guy that you posted based on information from an another internet site. Will you join me by being my friend and start trashing the guy?

Get it? - if you don't get it, you never will.
Still here.......

I thought you'd be off promoting the release of Myra Hindley or standing idly by whilst your next door neighbour was being burgled.

Why are you making facebook pages??? There is no evidence it is that guy??? You should leave it to the police to pick him up as I have already mentioned. What does running have to do with facebook???

Thanks for the offer I have enough friends on Facebook who post drivel I don't need another one.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:24 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope Anonymous has got the right person or they just ruined someone's life.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:34 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope Anonymous has got the right person or they just ruined someone's life.
Apparently according to news lady night he is not at the Sapperton address. The current occupier had contacted police - but could just be a smoke screen to prevent vigilantes!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 4:06 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/man+f...156/story.html
someone allegedly fired for posting shit about Amanda Todd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.