Masks

Old Sep 16th 2020, 2:31 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't know anyone who has had Covid. One daughter had malaria, another had SARS which is, I suppose, as close as one can get to Covid. The SARs was much more serious, long time in intensive cars, real risk of death. I'm not trivialising malaria, that's a serious disease, but I don't see how it comes into the picture, it's not going to kill 200,000 people on this continent.
And that is my point. We are spoilt brats here in the North America and Western Europe and we don't have to deal with diseases like Malaria, Dengue fever, Japanese encephalitis etc. Can you imagine the hysteria if all of a sudden a mosquito made its way into North America that transmitted these diseases? People would lose their minds.

All we have been asked to do is to wear a bleeding mask and keep 6' apart from people we don't know. That's it.

I am getting sick and tired of the 24x7 news coverage of COVID stats. We know how it is transmitted, we know how it is prevented, we know who it affects the most, we know scientists are working hard on a vaccine, deal with it bitches. We have it so easy compared to other parts of the world.

Last edited by Danny B; Sep 16th 2020 at 2:37 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 2:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
And that is my point. We are spoilt brats here in the North America and Western Europe and we don't have to deal with diseases like Malaria, Dengue fever, Japanese encephalitis etc. Can you imagine the hysteria if all of a sudden a mosquito made its way into North America that transmitted these diseases? People would lose their minds.

All we have been asked to do is to wear a bleeding mask and keep 6' apart from people we don't know. That's it.

I am getting sick and tired of the 24x7 news coverage of COVID stats. We know how it is transmitted, we know how it is prevented, we know who it affects the most, we know scientists are working hard on a vaccine, deal with it bitches. We have it so easy compared to other parts of the world.
makes me wonder how on earth our parents/grandparents managed to get through WW1 & WW2, the depression etc.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 4:21 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
makes me wonder how on earth our parents/grandparents managed to get through WW1 & WW2, the depression etc.
Our grand parents were a different breed.
Now we have social media influencers and cancel culture for when people get offended.

Old Sep 16th 2020, 4:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, fair enough. I'm completely adjusted to 6' and wearing a mask. It's no bother. I'm far from sure to live long enough to see the end of that need.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Our grand parents were a different breed.
Now we have social media influencers and cancel culture for when people get offended.
People often had to put heavy, uncomfortable gas masks on and evacuate their homes and go to air raid shelters during the day and night. They were happy to be alive...not whining about wearing a flimsy masks over their nose and mouth. Honestly...get a grip people.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 9:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
People often had to put heavy, uncomfortable gas masks on and evacuate their homes and go to air raid shelters during the day and night. They were happy to be alive...not whining about wearing a flimsy masks over their nose and mouth. Honestly...get a grip people.

Old Sep 16th 2020, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
No, that's why I corrected it. Your version had zero accuracy with what I said.
Sorry you lost me here. I don't see what you are getting at? I said you would feel totally safe sat with people without masks for short time and you corrected me with your actual words that said you thought it was an acceptable risk as you would also be doing it. So you are ok with it? Or aren't you? Because i don't see how you think i have it so wrong except maybe use of a different phrase. If you are NOT comfortable then my post had zero accuracy
Old Sep 17th 2020, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Bow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond repute

In 1918 Spanish flu killed an estimated 50 million people of the worlds population of 1.8 billion.
coronavirus has killed around 950,000.
to be declared as an actual pandemic it should of killed over 200 million people by now.
By the summer of 1919 Spanish flu came to an end people had built up immunity to it so it wasn’t killing what it was.
coronavirus isn’t going away until the majority of the population has built up immunity to it look at Sweden now.

Old Sep 17th 2020, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the Graun less than 1% of deaths in the UK are COVID related. So what about the rest?
Old Sep 17th 2020, 2:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Sorry you lost me here. I don't see what you are getting at? I said you would feel totally safe sat with people without masks for short time and you corrected me with your actual words that said you thought it was an acceptable risk as you would also be doing it. So you are ok with it? Or aren't you? Because i don't see how you think i have it so wrong except maybe use of a different phrase. If you are NOT comfortable then my post had zero accuracy
I realise there's no point to this but you just said it yourself. Look at the two bolded parts. How is "totally safe" the same as "acceptable risk"? It's not. It's not the same even without the other bits of context (like the reference to the other 90% of the time) that make it even less the same.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 2:28 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Bow21
....look at Sweden now.
7th highest deaths per million pop in Europe out of 48.
9th highest death total
10th most cases per million pop.

Yes, not very good is it.

Old Sep 17th 2020, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Bow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
7th highest deaths per million pop in Europe out of 48.
9th highest death total
10th most cases per million pop.

Yes, not very good is it.

Sweden

According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), the Scandinavian country’s 14-day cumulative total of new cases was 22.2 per 100,000 inhabitants on Tuesday, against 279 in Spain, 158.5 in France, 118 in the Czech Republic, 77 in Belgium and 59 in the UK, all of which imposed lockdowns this spring.

Twenty-two of the 31 European countries surveyed by the ECDC had higher infection rates. New cases, now reported in Sweden only from Tuesday to Friday, are running at roughly the rate seen in late-March, while data from the national health agency showed only 1.2% of its 120,000 tests last week came back positive.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 4:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sweden

According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), the Scandinavian country’s 14-day cumulative total of new cases was 22.2 per 100,000 inhabitants on Tuesday, against 279 in Spain, 158.5 in France, 118 in the Czech Republic, 77 in Belgium and 59 in the UK, all of which imposed lockdowns this spring.

Twenty-two of the 31 European countries surveyed by the ECDC had higher infection rates. New cases, now reported in Sweden only from Tuesday to Friday, are running at roughly the rate seen in late-March, while data from the national health agency showed only 1.2% of its 120,000 tests last week came back positive.
The population of Sweden -- and therefore the chances of meeting and connecting to someone who has the virus -- is somewhat isolated and small... but those that do, don't do well. Comparing Sweden to other EC countries is like comparing apples and banana's = they aren't the same density.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The population of Sweden -- and therefore the chances of meeting and connecting to someone who has the virus -- is somewhat isolated and small... but those that do, don't do well. Comparing Sweden to other EC countries is like comparing apples and banana's = they aren't the same density.

hmmm ok crazy they even include them in a national survey and allow for population DENSITY 😛.
got me thinking where does the city of Stockholm in Sweden rank in terms of population density out of all the European cities.
well out of the 44 European cities Stockholm ranked 25th for density. And has lower cases than other cities ranked well below it for population density so I wonder how the cases there have risen more with fewer people in as close proximity. Strange. Oh well must just be one of those things. Damn nature.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 11:15 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm ok crazy they even include them in a national survey and allow for population DENSITY 😛.
got me thinking where does the city of Stockholm in Sweden rank in terms of population density out of all the European cities.
well out of the 44 European cities Stockholm ranked 25th for density. And has lower cases than other cities ranked well below it for population density so I wonder how the cases there have risen more with fewer people in as close proximity. Strange. Oh well must just be one of those things. Damn nature.
Here you go
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...20..2025-07-22

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.