Masks

Old Aug 17th 2020, 5:48 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Is there a bear on her product?
No....I made the Foxes Glacier Mint reference because,well, this is a British Expats forum...
Old Aug 17th 2020, 5:50 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Masks mandatory in public places (so offices, shops, transit but not, oddly, schools) in Newfoundland from next Monday 24th,
Old Aug 17th 2020, 5:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Masks mandatory in public places (so offices, shops, transit but not, oddly, schools) in Newfoundland from next Monday 24th,
Yeah, very odd, because it seems that just about everywhere that schools have reopened, coronavirus cases, or other unwelcome news reports, have followed.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The short time we were at Wal-Mart (their credit and debit machines were down so we didn't get past the main entrance) seems the anti-mask folks method to get into the store is to look down, and walk/run as fast as they can past the Wal-Mart employee at the door, could tell the employees were annoyed, but to the stores credit they are handing masks out at the door, so there is no excuse not to have one on, but seems the anti-mask folks will find a way into a store and not wear a mask.

Old Aug 17th 2020, 8:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
.... to the stores credit they are handing masks out at the door, so there is no excuse not to have one on, but seems the anti-mask folks will find a way into a store and not wear a mask.
Which confirms my view that the anti-maskers are incredibly stupid, because surely the easiest way in would be to take a free mask, then take it off again as soon as you're in the store! Or maybe even accepting a free mask is a sign of servitude to Bill Gates' Global Government New World Order?
Old Aug 17th 2020, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Just went to Kamloops Walmart, credit and debit down so all the self serve checkouts out of action, only the few regular check outs open so they must have been taking cash only, lots of pissed off people absolute bedlam in there.I have noticed that since walmart made masks mandatory the parking lot has been alot less congested.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Just went to Kamloops Walmart, credit and debit down so all the self serve checkouts out of action, only the few regular check outs open so they must have been taking cash only, lots of pissed off people absolute bedlam in there.I have noticed that since walmart made masks mandatory the parking lot has been alot less congested.
Same at the West Kelowna Wal-Mart except they were telling everyone coming in cash only, so people were just leaving right away, not many carry cash these days.

Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:04 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think that it will take some people 'years' to come around to the idea of wearing a mask to go shopping.

This compilation video of people freaking out over masks gave me a chuckle, and made me sad at the same time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...together_lots/

Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Danny B
I honestly think that it will take some people 'years' to come around to the idea of wearing a mask to go shopping.

This compilation video of people freaking out over masks gave me a chuckle, and made me sad at the same time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...together_lots/

I never thought a pandemic and masks would be such a conspiracy driven thing. I do wonder if people were more cooperative in the Spanish Flu pandemic, or if behavior was the same or similiar, to what we are seeing.

While that reddit post is titled in America, I notice some Canadian anti-mask folks have made it, I see a Tim Hortons and a CIBC in the background in one clip, and what I think might be a street sign in Toronto in another.
Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:22 pm

I never thought a pandemic and masks would be such a conspiracy driven thing. I do wonder if people were more cooperative in the Spanish Flu pandemic, or if behavior was the same or similiar, to what we are seeing. .....
From, everything I've seen and heard the progress of the 1918-1921 flu pandemic was almost exactly the same, masks were recommended, some people wore them, some did not, and some people who refused claimed that their "rights" were being infringed and the restrictions and masks were some sort of attempt to suppress them. Early attempts to control the spread were successful, but then people thought is was over and were either bored with the restrictions, or rebelious, and so restrictions got relaxed/ ignored and there was a second wave. .... Exactly the same as is happening now in the UK and Europe, and a number of other countries. :nod;
Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
From, everything I've seen and heard the progress of the 1918-1921 flu pandemic was almost exactly the same, masks were recommended, some people wore them, some did not, and some people who refused claimed that their "rights" were being infringed and the restrictions and masks were some sort of attempt to suppress them. Early attempts to control the spread were successful, but then people thought is was over and were either bored with the restrictions, or rebelious, and so restrictions got relaxed/ ignored and there was a second wave. .... Exactly the same as is happening now in the UK and Europe, and a number of other countries. :nod;
I suspected it was likely similiar, humans in many ways can be predictable.

Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls will now require customers to wear masks following the parent companies policy in the US where masks have been required for several weeks now.

Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:38 pm

I suspected it was likely similiar, humans in many ways can be predictable.
Unfortunately that is true.

Among the many bizarre, ridicuous and stupid branches to the nonsensical conspiracy theory of covid-19 is that because it was predicted that a pandemic would occur (just not when), and the method of transmission was predictable, and that was because of medical science, epidemiology, and statistics (which conspiracy loons don't understand, and therefore entirely discount), those successful predictions are being used to conclude that the pandemic was "planned". "Predicted" is not the same as "planned"!
Old Aug 17th 2020, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Unfortunately that is true.

Among the many bizarre, ridicuous and stupid branches to the nonsensical conspiracy theory of covid-19 is that because it was predicted that a pandemic would occur (just not when), and the method of transmission was predictable, and that was because of medical science, epidemiology, and statistics (which conspiracy loons don't understand, and therefore entirely discount), those successful predictions are being used to conclude that the pandemic was "planned". "Predicted" is not the same as "planned"!

My wife has some very religious friends, like super religious, and they all believe this is the start of the rapture, and literally preparing for it. I try not to laugh when I hear them on the phone with my wife.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Same at the West Kelowna Wal-Mart except they were telling everyone coming in cash only, so people were just leaving right away, not many carry cash these days.
That's because cash became the enemy and everywhere stopped taking it for fear of getting the virus from a bank note. Funny how a sudden problem with technical stuff creates so much grief when we are forced to go back to the old way of paying for services and of course just how welcome those "dirty notes" are all of a sudden!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.