Masks

Old Sep 20th 2020, 12:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

This in Kelowna, pure entertainment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kelowna/com...cannot_wear_a/

even made the weird little news website this area has (reminds me of websites from the 1990's)

Some quotes she provided to the news people.

"I felt like I was under, I don't want to sound dramatic, but it was like great grievous bodily mental harm," Faechner told Castanet.

"I call myself a Christ crusader and people with faith, they don't just outright lie because they have a creator that they have to answer to at some point," she says. "I'm not going to outright lie, I just think something's happened to humans where we've just lost our sense of humanity."

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelown...rcation#311053

Have to hand it to the security guard he was a lot more patient than I would have been.

Old Sep 20th 2020, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This in Kelowna, pure entertainment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kelowna/com...cannot_wear_a/

even made the weird little news website this area has (reminds me of websites from the 1990's)

Some quotes she provided to the news people.

"I felt like I was under, I don't want to sound dramatic, but it was like great grievous bodily mental harm," Faechner told Castanet.

"I call myself a Christ crusader and people with faith, they don't just outright lie because they have a creator that they have to answer to at some point," she says. "I'm not going to outright lie, I just think something's happened to humans where we've just lost our sense of humanity."

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelown...rcation#311053

Have to hand it to the security guard he was a lot more patient than I would have been.
Yeah well if you need to see what kind of person she is a quick look on her facebook page says it all.
We also had an anti mask, anti virus demo today by the bridge. One classic placard read "be a warrior not a worrier"
Old Sep 20th 2020, 12:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Yeah well if you need to see what kind of person she is a quick look on her facebook page says it all.
We also had an anti mask, anti virus demo today by the bridge. One classic placard read "be a warrior not a worrier"
They seem to be out semi-often but they seem to change places, or its different groups. I have seen some at the base of the main bridge going over the lake, as well as a small bridge in town that goes over the road, not sure of the exact location, some of their signs are interesting.

I had someone call me a sheeple when going into Wal-Mart last week, presumably because I had a mask on.

I am still entertained with her facebook, crazy stuff there like this

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 20th 2020 at 1:00 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 1:06 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Canadian Tire today and none of the staff were wearing masks; I wasn't really expecting that.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 4:36 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=printer;12912051]Yeah well if you need to see what kind of person she is a quick look on her facebook page says it all.
We also had an anti mask, anti virus demo today by the bridge. One classic placard read "be a warrior not a worrier"[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of a comment someone made to me the other day in a private message on FB .. she said "you've been fearful since March"....... I replied I'm CAREFUL not Fearful...... there's a huge difference!
Old Sep 29th 2020, 3:18 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Sweden is one of the few countries left in the world that does not recommend a mask.

Old Nov 3rd 2020, 6:37 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Time to upgrade folks

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/thr...-tam-1.5787946

Old Nov 3rd 2020, 8:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Masks become mandatory in indoor public spaces in Regina, Saskatoon, and Prince Albert on Friday, and that's going to be reviewed after 28 days. Even though the numbers seem low in comparison, apparently our infection rate per 100,000 is higher than Ontario's now.
https://leaderpost.com/news/saskatch...2-4af4233ad75f
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Danny B
Other then the tag saying 100% polyester, I don't know how many layers it has. Took months to find a mask that actually fit, some reason all the masks seem to be on the small side, they all fit my wife perfectly, but I had trouble finding one that was a good fit in local stores.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 9:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Other then the tag saying 100% polyester, I don't know how many layers it has. Took months to find a mask that actually fit, some reason all the masks seem to be on the small side, they all fit my wife perfectly, but I had trouble finding one that was a good fit in local stores.
I wonder if a neck gaitor (with filter pocket) might work for you? You can buy extra filters that fit (this is what I use now) - any of them that have a filter pocket could work..
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08G86JWL4/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A13VGFDPBB0IW3https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08BZ8H14R/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2TKKMUPLIVROL
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 10:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I want to try one like this. I wonder if it might be less likely to steam up your specs.

But I've only seen it in a photo on CBC website, nowhere else.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I think i suggested a while back that this whole mask thing would end up with certain specific types being recommended and eventually mandated. It's already happened in the airline industry and now the very person who said there was no need for masks is now saying they should be 3 layer. Personally i don't care how many layers, it has to be comfortable and breathable and not fog up my glasses as there is nothing so annoying when trying to see and being met with a fog.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

This businrss of callng people cowards for protecting themselves is a bit rich really. Also calling out people as cowards and faithless by some of these christians is offensive. Its not much help for the young people who naturally struggle with all these regulations for social distancing, with no parties allowed and mandates for masking up. Or for the older people who really need support to isolate for their protection.

We purchased two professional masks with filters made from copper, they attach around the back of the neck and top of our heads. They can't slip off. No more worry about any unfiltered air getting in and they fit tight all around and at the nose with a rubber part so no fog. They are warm, good for this time of year, a little warm for summertime. The filters are washable and came with a replacememt set. They come in a few different colours.

Whatever it takes we just do the best we can to stay alive and hope our savings lasts out until things take a change for the better.

it doesn't much matter what people say because its a dangerous disease if you are at risk and vulnerable which requires actions not words.

My grandparents got through Spanish flu, WWI and WWII. All farmers. A tough lot with abundant comman sense. They kept life simple and tidy, worked hard, were never well off, just frugal so they made whatever they had work out. They had faith in God but it didn't make them stupid. I hope I got a little of what they had.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 2:55 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
I think i suggested a while back that this whole mask thing would end up with certain specific types being recommended and eventually mandated. It's already happened in the airline industry and now the very person who said there was no need for masks is now saying they should be 3 layer. Personally i don't care how many layers, it has to be comfortable and breathable and not fog up my glasses as there is nothing so annoying when trying to see and being met with a fog.
Mine has been three layers since I first donned one back in March. Mine consists of a folded disposable "shop towel", which fits inside (well it sticks out a bit) a basic paper "cup mask", and then although the cup mask has an elastic loop to hold it in place, I use a neck gaiter to clamp the lined cup mask to my face, so there is minimal room for air to bypass the lined cup mask.

I wear glasses too, and the degree to which they fog up seems to vary on how exactly I position the mask. This is going to become more critical in the colder winter weather, I guess.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

“All healthcare facilities must provide medical masks for all health care workers, nonclinical staff, patients, and visitors.”

Visitors, staff, and patients will now be required to wear medical masks in all healthcare settings in B.C.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/11...re-facilities/

* I am not sure how hospitals and such will be able to do this, considering the nurse at the hospital last week I was talking with said masks were still in short supply for medical staff.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 6th 2020 at 8:17 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.