Masks

Old Nov 23rd 2020, 11:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
My wife is at the doctor right now (her GP) and none of the people working there are wearing masks, not even the doctor and the person at the front desk is apparently coughing like crazy.
I went to my doc about the shingles. SD had her flu shot there.
Door locked. Only people with appointments allowed in. Everyone masked up.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
My wife is at the doctor right now (her GP) and none of the people working there are wearing masks, not even the doctor and the person at the front desk is apparently coughing like crazy.

Doesn't give you confidence in a doctor when they can't even follow the basic rules regarding masks.

I guess her not taking me as a patient wasn't such a bad thing....
What happened to the mandate that the health authority came up with before the province mandated it? Aren't ALL medical facilities supposed to be requiring medical masks?
This has been my problem with these "requirements" or "expectations" and now even "mandates" unless everyone is on the same page and its enforced its just another gong show.
We were at a local downtown coffee place yesterday. The owner was actually wearing one (round his chin) and the staff were too which they hadn't been up to now. More than one person came in without one and nothing was said then the staff member takes hers off to answer phone and serves the next 3 people without it on.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 11:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
We see people waiting to go inside at the doctors, dentist, vet, optician etc...been like this since March,
Old Nov 24th 2020, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer View Post
What happened to the mandate that the health authority came up with before the province mandated it? Aren't ALL medical facilities supposed to be requiring medical masks?
This has been my problem with these "requirements" or "expectations" and now even "mandates" unless everyone is on the same page and its enforced its just another gong show.
We were at a local downtown coffee place yesterday. The owner was actually wearing one (round his chin) and the staff were too which they hadn't been up to now. More than one person came in without one and nothing was said then the staff member takes hers off to answer phone and serves the next 3 people without it on.

They are supposed to, but reality is often different as you know.

Apparently the mask mandate came down from the BC Solicitor general and not Dr Henry who has never been keen on mandated mask use because it's impossible to enforce, she knows that, we know that. The police don't even seem to want to enforce it, and I wonder if all police officers are even wearing them, how can police justify enforce a mandate if the officers themselves are not wearing masks, a bit hypocritical really.

Those who were going to wear masks were going to with or without a mandate, the mandate just really brings out the conspiracy nuts in full force.

My MIL is talking about her Tai Chi group, all seniors, they are not cancelling their Tai Chi meetups even though they are supposed to.

Old Nov 24th 2020, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Pretty much how the veterinarian's office was like.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
We see people waiting to go inside at the doctors, dentist, vet, optician etc...been like this since March,
We don't see so much waiting outside at present except for Fabricland which for some reason is always busy with a line outside. Anyhow what strikes me is the difference in how some places deal with it. My wifes respiratory consultant who she sees about 3 or 4 times a year hasn't seen her "in office" since beginning of year, all appointments are via computer. Same goes for her Neurologist who cancelled scheduled yearly appointment in favour of virtual one. The bank wouldn't see my son in person when he wanted to discuss personal loans and stuff they offered phone call service yet another bank was able to see him in person.
To me the most ridiculous thing about all this is that these types of face to face appointments are extremely important for some and to make it seem even more stupid we could, in theory, meet anyone of them in the coffee shop for a pastry and a natter and without wearing a mask yet we cannot meet them in office whilst wearing a mask.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 2:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We don't see so much waiting outside at present except for Fabricland which for some reason is always busy with a line outside. Anyhow what strikes me is the difference in how some places deal with it. My wifes respiratory consultant who she sees about 3 or 4 times a year hasn't seen her "in office" since beginning of year, all appointments are via computer. Same goes for her Neurologist who cancelled scheduled yearly appointment in favour of virtual one. The bank wouldn't see my son in person when he wanted to discuss personal loans and stuff they offered phone call service yet another bank was able to see him in person.
To me the most ridiculous thing about all this is that these types of face to face appointments are extremely important for some and to make it seem even more stupid we could, in theory, meet anyone of them in the coffee shop for a pastry and a natter and without wearing a mask yet we cannot meet them in office whilst wearing a mask.
Since March, I have had two phone consults with my pulmonologist and one with a general surgeon. If necessary I could have had a face to face meeting.

Some shops have people waiting outside to go in. Now in Toronto, all shops (except essential services), gyms, beauty parlors are closed for at least 28 days.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is a bit odd some of the randomness of restrictions. I haven't encountered lines to get into any store since like April or May when we were still in Vancouver. Petsmart yesterday was so crowded, I walked in and basically back out as there was no way to maintain any distance, Wal-Mart in Kelowna was pretty bad too, (mental note stick to west kelowna location) apparently school and daycare are A-Okay but church service isn't, it's so haphazard really, I did notice the line at West Kelowna fabricland, I think its the first line to get into a store I have seen here so far....lol

Value Village in Kelowna, a 41 year old woman refused to wear a mask, police were called as she was asked to leave and was trespassing at that point, she got belligerent police as well. She was placed in custody for a short time, released with a promise to appear in court, RCMP have forwarded the case to BC Prosecution Service for review for possible charges, seems at minimum causing a disturbance, obstruction of police, and possible assault on police as she apparently assaulted 3 officers.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7480148/k...value-village/

This one in Penticton, a 60 something female, spit on a liquor store employee, presumably the employee asked her to wear a mask.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7479213/a...cton-employee/

Last edited by Jsmth321; Nov 24th 2020 at 3:40 am.
Old Dec 20th 2020, 8:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 4th 2021, 7:43 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 4th 2021, 8:33 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Anti-maskers in the USA were out again on the weekend. God damn these people are annoying.

Twitter link below.

Old Jan 10th 2021, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand people who have an issue with masks. It is not a big deal, SO LONG as once this is finally over they remove requirements for them in all but the most high risk places. It's just a piece of fabric.

And this is coming from someone who is completely against the current (and impending) increased restrictions on gatherings and businesses. If everyone properly social distanced and wore masks when in public, capacity limits strictly enforced at stores and restaurants, etc, I don't think we would have as many things closed and our economy in ruins.

Many countries in Europe have made masks mandatory even outdoors, I don't see why they shouldn't do it in Ontario with our numbers. It would get people in the habit of just putting it on before they leave the house, and maybe keeping it on when gathering with friends/family.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 2:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Gozit View Post
I don't understand people who have an issue with masks. It is not a big deal, SO LONG as once this is finally over they remove requirements for them in all but the most high risk places. It's just a piece of fabric.

And this is coming from someone who is completely against the current (and impending) increased restrictions on gatherings and businesses. If everyone properly social distanced and wore masks when in public, capacity limits strictly enforced at stores and restaurants, etc, I don't think we would have as many things closed and our economy in ruins.

Many countries in Europe have made masks mandatory even outdoors, I don't see why they shouldn't do it in Ontario with our numbers. It would get people in the habit of just putting it on before they leave the house, and maybe keeping it on when gathering with friends/family.

I agree.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gozit View Post

I think it depends on what you do. I hate the things but if i have to wear it to shop or use facilities so be it. However we are all being forced into wearing them during working day and depending on what you do it is not pleasant. I can sit in a doctors office for 20 minutes or stroll slowly round Walmart but my work involves going in and out of peoples homes, up and down stairs, bending, stretching, putting on glasses for close up work, it's manual work and after a few minutes i am sweating inside the mask. I have tried everything from the expensive sports masks to thin cotton ones and nothing makes it any better and we are in winter right now god knows what it is going to be like in warmer weather. They made them compulsory outside in Spain way back and also France in some areas yet i don't remember seeing any drastic drop in figures. I already see some people wearing them outside when walking on completely empty streets which seems pointless to me.
Old Jan 14th 2021, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on what you do. I hate the things but if i have to wear it to shop or use facilities so be it. However we are all being forced into wearing them during working day and depending on what you do it is not pleasant. I can sit in a doctors office for 20 minutes or stroll slowly round Walmart but my work involves going in and out of peoples homes, up and down stairs, bending, stretching, putting on glasses for close up work, it's manual work and after a few minutes i am sweating inside the mask. I have tried everything from the expensive sports masks to thin cotton ones and nothing makes it any better and we are in winter right now god knows what it is going to be like in warmer weather. They made them compulsory outside in Spain way back and also France in some areas yet i don't remember seeing any drastic drop in figures. I already see some people wearing them outside when walking on completely empty streets which seems pointless to me.
That's a fair point about numbers not decreasing. One has to remember alot of this is about optics (see Doug Ford's useless SAH order) rather then actually accomplishing anything. If they wanted to accomplish something "they" (ie the gov't) would either

a. Lift all restrictions and what will be will be
b. Have a 30 day strict lockdown where no one can leave their homes at all - this should have been done in March/Apr 2020 when the public appetite for it would have been stronger.

I'd rather have to wear a mask and still be able to go about my daily business then have a stay at home order that inhibits anything i'd want to do whilst simultaneously not bringing virus numbers down, therefore just being a useless inconvenience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.