Masks

Old Sep 12th 2020, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

The one thing this family doesnt understand is non-revenue pass travel.

Its unfortunate they are likely getting the employee who provided said passes fired at this point.

Non-revenue travel is a privelage not a right and the airline can ask you to leave the plane for any reason.

Non revenue pass travel is not the same as being a revenue passenger.

This is an example as to why a lot of airline employees wont give out their buddy passes. I never did. My job was too important to me to take the risk.

Old Sep 12th 2020, 11:40 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Banning the family from flying on Westjet again seems somewhat harsh..
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:30 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Banning the family from flying on Westjet again seems somewhat harsh..
Airlines commonly do that to troublemakers, and on this occasion it gets them some publicity for enforcing the regulation, and hopefully will discourage other rule-flouters from trying.

Every incident like that, but where the rule-flouter is allowed to get away with it just makes me more sure that I don't want to fly until either the rules are enforced properly (which may not happen), or the pandemic ends via a vaccine or otherwise.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Airlines commonly do that to troublemakers, and on this occasion it gets them some publicity for enforcing the regulation, and hopefully will discourage other rule-flouters from trying.

Every incident like that, but where the rule-flouter is allowed to get away with it just makes me more sure that I don't want to fly until either the rules are enforced properly (which may not happen), or the pandemic ends via a vaccine or otherwise.
Troublemakers? Really? Come on you seem to be in a state of paranoia making statements like "I don't want to fly until either the rules are enforced properly" Did you read the twitter post Danny copied? Threatened with arrest, 19 month old hysterical! You truly believe this was not complete overkill and that if the child had "gotten away with it" lots of others on board would have flouted the rules. Totally ridiculous considering the safety of all on board was never in doubt. But i guess you don't like kids and rules are rules!
Old Sep 13th 2020, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Not that you're exaggerating or anything. That is the most ridiculous opening to a post I have ever read. It made the rest of it not even worth reading. Well done.
Really? How would you describe the situation then? Totally normal and acceptable? Did you read the twitter post Danny copied? Being threatened with arrest because a child wouldn't put on a mask and you think that my description was exaggeration. Ok remove the word terrorists and replace it with "drunken abusive adult"
Old Sep 13th 2020, 1:16 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Really? How would you describe the situation then?
Well I certainly wouldn't liken it to terrorism which would likely involve armed officers pointing guns and no conversation.
Totally normal and acceptable?
Not normal, no. By this and your other comments on BE I wonder if this absolutely abnormal pandemic has escaped your attention. It's anything but normal so normal does not apply.

Old Sep 13th 2020, 1:36 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Troublemakers? Really? ....
Yes
.... Come on you seem to be in a state of paranoia making statements like "I don't want to fly until either the rules are enforced properly" ....
My wife and I would prefer not to catch a disease with unpredictable side-effects and unknown long-term consequences, especially if resulting from the arrogance of others who think the rules don't apply to them.
... Did you read the twitter post Danny copied? ...
Yes
.... Threatened with arrest, 19 month old hysterical! You truly believe this was not complete overkill ....
No
.... and that if the child had "gotten away with it" lots of others on board would have flouted the rules. ...
Yes
... Totally ridiculous considering the safety of all on board was never in doubt. ...
I respect your opinion.
.... But i guess you don't like kids ....
I love kids, and wish I had more. It's just other people's kids, especially when their parents can't keep them under control. .... We didn't take our daughter on a plane until she was seven years old, out of respect for other passengers, and so we could relax, comfortable in the knowledge that she wouldn't cause a scene or a problem.
.... and rules are rules!
What's the point in a rule if it isn't enforced? If it isn't, wouldn't that make it just a "recommendation"?

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 13th 2020 at 1:52 am.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 1:40 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Surely we have to see that the world is scared...I’m in New Brunswick, and I’m still scared. I have a number of colleagues with three and four year old children and they ‘have to’ wear masks whilst socially distantly queuing to get into day care every morning...it can take 45 minutes to get in.

A three year old can understand what is required. This pandemic is an unknown situation, but do you really imagine that very young children in potentially dangerous situations can’t catch up quickly? History and geography shows how fast children can and will adapt, with the right guidance. There might have been room for more give and take in this situation, but if you have a recalcitrant three year old, it definitely comes into a ‘you’ problem and not a whole bloody aircraft worth of unsuspecting travellers problem...I would have just turfed the family off.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 2:42 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
..I would have just turfed the family off.
But

Me too. But the parents could have avoided that by drugging the child. I had one that was difficult to manage on planes so, rather than make the other passengers suffer, we'd send her to sleep. Once the child was asleep they could put the mask on.

One wonders, of course, what compelling need has the whole family on a plane in a pandemic, there's no need for that.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
But

Me too. But the parents could have avoided that by drugging the child. I had one that was difficult to manage on planes so, rather than make the other passengers suffer, we'd send her to sleep. Once the child was asleep they could put the mask on.

One wonders, of course, what compelling need has the whole family on a plane in a pandemic, there's no need for that.
And that sums it up really, comments like this. I wish i thought it was sarcasm but i some how doubt it and expect Pulaski to completely agree. Lets drug the kids and we can all carry on feeling safe from the threat of a 3 year old who, in some peoples eyes, could potentially infect the whole aircraft. Lets forget about all the passengers on board who would be removing their masks later on in flight to eat snacks and drink, which is still allowed by the way. But of course these people are all ok to do that?
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing I wondered about will people on here be complying with the Rule of 6, I know many are not in the UK so it would be voluntary.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

And that sums it up really, comments like this. I wish i thought it was sarcasm but i some how doubt it and expect Pulaski to completely agree. Lets drug the kids and we can all carry on feeling safe from the threat of a 3 year old who, in some peoples eyes, could potentially infect the whole aircraft. Lets forget about all the passengers on board who would be removing their masks later on in flight to eat snacks and drink, which is still allowed by the way. But of course these people are all ok to do that?
Oh, stop it with the whataboutism. It doesn't matter what other people do.

The child should probably not be on the plane in the first place, what's the justification for that during the pandemic?

If on the plane the child should wear a mask, If the parents can't or won't make it wear a mask they should get off the plane. It's not even because it's the law but because everyone should wear a mask in a confined space where there are strangers, it is the polite thing to do.

If the problem is that the parents are simply incapable of controlling the child then drugs can help.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 12:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Boiler
One thing I wondered about will people on here be complying with the Rule of 6, I know many are not in the UK so it would be voluntary.
There aren't any gatherings of people here, everything is cancelled. It could be the rule of two and a half and, locally, everyone would already be in compliance.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

masks may be the new vaccine . https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...upstract.com#1
Old Sep 13th 2020, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
There aren't any gatherings of people here, everything is cancelled. It could be the rule of two and a half and, locally, everyone would already be in compliance.
Not sure how normal that is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.