Masks

Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masks

Originally Posted by caretaker
I didn't see any undue force in the video. They were having trouble getting him under control, and the policeman even warned him he was going to get sprayed. I'm curious to see what sort of fine he'll get come court day. It should be substantial for wasting the time of essential services. Even if they sent him home it still took time to arrest him.
You don't because probably you are somewhat sensible apart from living in Saskatchewan But I can guarantee you somebody will be complaining and asking why they needed to use any force at all.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 1:05 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
There is an ashtray, in fact I feel slightly inadequate whenever not smoking while driving. I suppose that Americans kept their cigarettes in the cap sleeves of their tee shirts while Brits had a place for them in their tweed jackets or mustard waistcoats. I don't think beer especially goes with sports cars, a hip flask would have been more the thing.

Beer goes with pick up trucks and four wheelers. indeed, an ATV wiped out this evening sending the passenger flying across the road almost under the wheels of my estranged wife's truck and trapping the driver. The cans of beer the driver and passenger were enjoying did go under the truck. I would not like to be either of them when the booze wears off and the gravel rash does not.
Estranged wife?? that's a shame. If you don't mind me commenting.

But back to masks. A woman in Timmies didn't have a mask so she held her phone in front if her face . She wasnt served.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

My ex-stepdaughter went to get a haircut today - she wore a mask (as it's compulsory around here) - and as they washed her hair the hairdresser broke the strap. She held the mask to her face with one hand - intending to tie the two ends together - but was told to leave the premises immediately (hair dripping wet, semi washed) - they didn't have a mask to replace the one they broke, so refused to allow her to remain on the premises
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 11:52 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
...they didn't have a mask to replace the one they broke, so refused to allow her to remain on the premises
While I'm in favour of mandatory mask wearing in public buildings I think they should have a supply of masks for anyone without. A bit like restaurants with a tie wearing policy having spare ties for the gentleman diner
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I do love Google! This morning I was blissfully unaware of what one was...I looked it up! I have evidently been living a bit of a sheltered life in NB!

Yesterday in the Superstore I think 90% of customers were in masks. The people who don't though seem to have some sort of attitude...
I'm seeing a bit of that here as well. There is one couple especially who seem to be showing off their constant flaunting the rules. They dress their 2 year old girl up adorably, apply nice clothes, helmet and advance onto the streets without masks even though the mom is at least 7 months into a second pregnancy. Amazingly her husband is a dental hygenist. I guess he doesn't see the need for masking the family even though its a law?
I just don't understand.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:29 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

People around here intending on using this idiotic piece on Halton's website about
persons who may experience a negative impact to their emotional well-being or mental health
' being exempt from wearing a mask.. and an idiot lawyer in Toronto is backing it.

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
People around here intending on using this idiotic piece on Halton's website about ' being exempt from wearing a mask.. and an idiot lawyer in Toronto is backing it.
If wearing a mask is going to have "a negative impact to their emotional wellbeing" what would being intubated in hospital do to them?
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 6:28 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Some tips here for the folks who wear specs

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/newsbeat...a-face-mask-on

Old Jul 23rd 2020, 10:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/newsbeat...a-face-mask-on
I saw a video last week - may have been one you posted - where someone said the soap thing didn't work but he did recommend the paper towel one.

Wiping lenses with a paper towel. I used to do that until I read about little scratches. I've not used one on the glasses I collected late last year and I cannot see a single scratch on them whereas previously I did. To be honest, though, all those minute scratches never affected vision at all. I could see them looking at the lenses but not looking through them.

Possibly the best method on the other video was a bit of surgical tape at the top, preventing breath going up. Peel away delicately though.
Old Jul 24th 2020, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If wearing a mask is going to have "a negative impact to their emotional wellbeing" what would being intubated in hospital do to them?
Well to be fair someone being intubated would be put out first anyway so you wouldn't really know much about it until you cam round, if you came round.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 3:09 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I see so many people on the news wearing their masks wrong.

Cover your nose people, don't let it sag down.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/explaine...ar-a-face-mask
Old Jul 25th 2020, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Scotrail.

Old Jul 25th 2020, 5:13 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I decided early on (since I can see well without them on) to just hang my glasses on the neck of my t-shirt and replace them when the mask comes off. I was in Walmart this morning and it looked like less than half the customers were wearing masks.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 5:39 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Scotrail.
It's over the nose too.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 8:11 pm
Tea Drinker

I bought a $3.50 mask from Dollarama that is a camouflage pattern and fits like a charm. I cut up some blue shop towel into rectangle shapes and use these as inserts to add another layer of protection.

I was wearing it in my local supermarket yesterday, I must have been in the 1% of people who was wearing a mask, I felt really self conscious at first, but then it actually grew on me and now I'm going to wear it whenever I go into a shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.