Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Itchy! Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!

Itchy! Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!

Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:22 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Itchy! Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Itchy scalp...yes and it drives me crazy. I only noticed it during the dry winter months but the last couple of years I've had it during the summer too. I find TGel extra strength shampoo helps.
Tried that JG, didn't help. I've been told to rub olive oil into my scalp before bed. Haven't tried it yet (will make a mess of the pillow cases!). I'm going to try the humidifier and see if that helps.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:26 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
I dread going shopping for that reason, I get shocks off cans, off the cart, off just about everything - and it hurts to the degree that I yelp! I don't half get some strange looks, lol.

Good old static...
Whoop I'm not the only freaky person that gets this, picked about 10cans of the shelf an hour ago at the grocery store and got a shock every time tried to touch the can with something else , but end up looking like a right idiot

Also, I have to be very precise opening car doors and shop doors to not touch the metal as I will get zapped
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:30 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Touching your car with the keys (metal bit in hand) first is one way to prevent the zap when opening the car door...
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:30 pm

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

I honestly thought I'd post this question, get one reply saying 'go to the doc' and that'd be it!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dotty P
Hello BE peops!

Since winter started I'm so flipping itchy, it's driving me insane! My scalp is on fire too! I've tried all the creams/shampoos/conditioners for dry/extra dry skin but still....I ITCH! Does anybody else suffer from this since they arrived here? I feel like Nitty flippin' Nora! I definitely don't have nits or fleas but wondered if a kindly soul might be able to advise whether this is (a) normal (or should I see a doc), or (b) if it is, give me some tips to alleviate this wretched itching.

Thanks!
Go to see your local Dr.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Tried that JG, didn't help. I've been told to rub olive oil into my scalp before bed. Haven't tried it yet (will make a mess of the pillow cases!). I'm going to try the humidifier and see if that helps.
I also find Scalpicin helps.

Yuck...olive oil sounds horrid. I'd wear a turbie towel on my head rather than it going all over the pillowcase.

Good luck with the humidifier. Please let us know how you get on with it.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:36 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Both me and Bob are bad for the static/electric shock thing, I have to use my handbag to close the car door, but now reading what Iain has said I will try that.

The other night I bent down to give my son a bed time kiss on his cheek and I gave him and me a massive electric shock from my top lip - that really hurt. Doesn't matter where we are, if we touch anything metal or even touch each other it is painful.

Haven't suffered from the dry skin thing though, I use Aveeno body moisturiser every day and Simple face cream.

Karen
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazbob
Both me and Bob are bad for the static/electric shock thing, I have to use my handbag to close the car door, but now reading what Iain has said I will try that.

The other night I bent down to give my son a bed time kiss on his cheek and I gave him and me a massive electric shock from my top lip - that really hurt. Doesn't matter where we are, if we touch anything metal or even touch each other it is painful.

Haven't suffered from the dry skin thing though, I use Aveeno body moisturiser every day and Simple face cream.

Karen
Sometimes when I go to open the car door I can see a blue flash and hear a crack.

We used to get shocks from the light switches and from touching each other. Once we replaced all the carpets with wooden floors it no longer happened.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes when I go to open the car door I can see a blue flash and hear a crack.

We used to get shocks from the light switches and from touching each other. Once we replaced all the carpets with wooden floors it no longer happened.
So you've lost that spark between you?

Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

We've got all wooden floors and still get loads of static. Plenty of lip and nose shocks while kissing the kids . Got an excellent pic of our 7 yr old daughter over Xmas with her long hair all standing out straight from her head. Would have posted it on here but she didn't have her top on so probably not suitable.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
Go to see your local Dr.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by siouxie
So you've lost that spark between you?

Tee hee!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:19 pm

I also find Scalpicin helps.

Yuck...olive oil sounds horrid. I'd wear a turbie towel on my head rather than it going all over the pillowcase.

Good luck with the humidifier. Please let us know how you get on with it.
I will, especially as it seems SO many people suffer.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:07 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I will, especially as it seems SO many people suffer.
My nan took evening classes. She said it helped.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:19 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Do people on the pacific side suffer so much, with it being more wet? Perhaps we should all move there!
Not sure on that one. All I know it that I've had really dry skin on my hands on and off for about 10 years now. The only time it went away was when I left the UK for a year to travel. Landed in Rio de Janeiro, it cleared up and disappeared until I landed back in the UK 13 months later, then it was back within 2 weeks! Think it's the cold damp air. I'm off to live in New Zealand at the end of the month, my doc reckons it'll improve when I get there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.