Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How did your pet die?

How did your pet die?

Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to allGulf Stream is a name known to all
Default Re: How did your pet die?

I was looking after my young cousins' goldfish for them while they were on holiday, only the bloody thing went belly up after a few days, it was one of them tricoloured (white black and red) fish, but I managed to find a similar looking fish to replace theirs, and they were none the wiser...
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:02 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

in our student flat, we had two goldfish - shag and slag.

Poor old slag was never the same after the vodka addition to the fishbowl during a party. Good old shag survived to tell the tale though!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:08 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

As a ten year old I was the proud owner of two gerbils, humpty and dumpty. (can't actually remember their names to be honest)

Humpty bought it by committing suicide. He jumped off a table and broke his leg, tried to chew it off and died of the resultant infections.

I murdered Dumpty by crushing him deliberately (well not exactly) in the living room door. Dumpty used to be let out of his cage to run around the downstairs of the house, and I would catch him by fielding him into the hallway, where I would catch him. Anyway, Dumpty was pretty smart for a gerbil, because he started to figure out what was going on. One day he tried to run back into the living room before I closed the door. Sadly he couldn't run quickly enough.

I can still picture his cute little front legs trying to scamper through the closed door as if it was yesterday. Ahhh....