Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How did your pet die?

How did your pet die?

Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did your pet die?

Originally Posted by minihaha
My pet cockatiel fell off her perch and died when we had a Earthquake.Think it was 03 or 04.
Can anyone else remember having an earthquake in the Yorkshire area round about then?

The earthquake was on the 22nd Sep 02 at 11 53 pm its epi center was Dudly West Mids.
Yes, I had just got back from working in Greece for the summer.

I was then in the earthquake just off Greece in 2003, the following summer when I went back........

............I wonder when Vancouver their long overdue earthquake?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

the davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nicethe davis family is just really nice

I didn't think I had any amusing stories to tell but when thought back I remembered two amusing incidents.

The first happened when I was about six, my sister then ten, came home from school distraught because the chicks they had been raising had died after the cleaner accidentally turn off the incubator. My dad trying to comfort her and get her to think of something else asked my mum what was for tea, as quick as lightening I answered 'probably chicken!' which sent my sister off again, my dad walked away rather quickly trying not laugh.

The second one I was around 12 and my friend and I walked an hour to collect some tadpoles, I carried them home really carefully and put them in a washing up bowl and left them out in the sun, thinking it would be quite nice for them. When I came back a couple of hours later every single one of them had burst the sun had warmed up the water so much they had basically boiled alive!!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:25 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

when i was growing up we used to have all sorts of animals as we lived out in the middle of nowhere.

There were cows next door and we used to be able to stroke them and feed them grass when they poked their heads through the fence.

Anyway, we used to have a nanny goat called Daisy, and mum and Dad said that they couldnt look after her well enough so they took her to the farmer down the road. and if we wanted, we could phone him up and ask how she was doing.

18 years later Mum told us the truth, she died from eating all the frost on the leaves on the trees and that they didnt have the heart to telll us she had died so they told us about "Farmer Brown" who was in fact Dad on the phone upstairs talking to us with a fake farmers accent.

I love my parents for that
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:32 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this again and the hiberanating tortoise reminded me of another!

We had a hamster called Honky (named by a 3 year old who used to give the pets names that were basically made up words!!) and I went to his cage one morning and he was stiff as a board, so I thought i`d just grab the bull by the horns and tell the kids he was dead.

Youngest (who named it) couldn`t give a stuff but my oldest (12) asked if she could bury it in the garden.

Aaaaaah I thought, ok then, so she and her mates all got spades and dug a huge hole in which you could have buried an elephant. Meanwhile i`d put Honky in a plastic Asda bag (don`t ask why, probably didn`t have a shoebox) and taken it outside to them all.

I went back into the living room and watched from out of the window, just as oldest was about to put the bag in the hole she dropped it on the concrete, and the bloody thing started moving , so she`s banging on the window yelling "mum he`s not dead" so I said "well what are you waiting for, get it out of the bag and bring it in here quick"

To which the reply (in a heartbeat I must add) was

"but its taken us ages to dig the hole, can`t we just bury it anyway?"

I had to laugh but explained about the whole concept of not burying things alive (which of course she knew but just wanted to make sure) and in it came, back to his cage where he properly died about 1/2 hour later!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:06 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by the davis family
The second one I was around 12 and my friend and I walked an hour to collect some tadpoles, I carried them home really carefully and put them in a washing up bowl and left them out in the sun, thinking it would be quite nice for them. When I came back a couple of hours later every single one of them had burst the sun had warmed up the water so much they had basically boiled alive!!!
Oh yeah that reminds me of something I have been told by a friend.

His aunt was sitting in front of the TV one night (a little drunk!) wondering why that no matter which way she turned the dial the same thing was always on the TV. Frustrated she went to bed. She woke up the next morning to find all her tropical fish were dead. Turns out that her TV and fish tank were next to each other and instead of turning the channel dial on the TV she had been turning the temperature dial on the fish tank and had managed to boil her fish!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough

it's amazing but when I was a child none of my pets died...

whenever they got old they were taken to a nice big farm in the countryside to live with the bunnies and the lambs

funny I never got to visit them
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Had a goldfish leap out the bowl , go behind the fridge he got covered in fluff , rinsed him off but he never pulled thro

i can still see his little fluffy face even now
That is hilarious. Everyone is wondering what I'm sniggering at
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:43 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
That is hilarious. Everyone is wondering what I'm sniggering at
I know isn`t that just the funniest thing you`ve heard for a while, i`m still giggling now!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I know isn`t that just the funniest thing you`ve heard for a while, i`m still giggling now!
It's the 'fluffy little face' bit
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:53 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Yep thats the bit that got me too ha ha ha
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:20 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

, i had to replace him after a few days , the " carrot " that was used as a decoy would only serfice for short term

for the benifit of two younger sisters of course
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:08 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Before I knew him my hubby used to have two baby terrapins in a tank.

Apparently they were never very active, and when they actually died he wasn't sure if they were in fact just resting.

He told me that sometimes he'd take them off the rock they were sitting on and push them around the tank for a bit, then take them back out and put them back on the rock.

Fool.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:10 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Morwenna

He told me that sometimes he'd take them off the rock they were sitting on and push them around the tank for a bit, then take them back out and put them back on the rock.

Fool.
ha ha ha the mental images some of these tales throw up are priceless
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:37 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

My last one was flushed down the toilet. I normally wouldn't have minded, except it was a golden retriever.
This thread is great and has given me a good laugh - Ben you're a nutter
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

maggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of light

I've just been reading all these and nearly choked when I came to this one - I know I'm going to keep laughing out loud everytime I think about it tomorrow at work! Brilliant. Very sad, of course, but brilliant!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.