Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How did your pet die?

How did your pet die?

Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:03 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did your pet die?

Ok wierd title but when sitting in a bar the other night we started telling stories of how our pets died, and pc or not it was hilarious - here`s some of ours / friends

I had a budgie who had cancer, I went on girl guide camp and when I returned my mum said the bird had died, sad I thought but s**t happens. Well about 15 years later mum admitted it didn`t actually die but dad wanted to put it out of its misery. Unable to bring himself to wring its neck he turned on the gas oven and popped Leroy in there (didn`t light it, he thought he would just gas it) after 5 mins he opened the door and the thing stumbled out high as a kite, apparently you can`t kill things on north sea gas - so he just wrung its neck anyway as he figured the bird was adequately drugged up not to feel it!

Friend had a budgie that liked to walk around the living room and peck peoples feet. His mate didn`t like this and tried to flick the bird away, but it kept coming back. So a bit annoyed he gave it a god almighty flick (akin to a volley) and the bird landed straight in the open fire and went up in flames!

Other friend and her sister, christmas day when they were young opened presents and my mate got a bike with a basket on the front, her sis got a rabbit. Well Clare decided to ride the bike up and down the garden path with things in the basket, eventually she ran out of things to put in there, so she got her sisters new bunny and promptly stuffed that in the basket and went tearing off hell for leather down the path. Obviously the rabbit got scared and jumped out the front of the basket and Clare ran straight over it on her new bike!

Now i`m not a sick person but this was super funny especially when we`d all had a few beers
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did your pet die?

I know I shouldn't but.......

Linda
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:23 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone who trod on her sons' pet tortoise with her stiletto heel

To this day both boys (now in their 30s) still don't know the truth
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:24 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
I know someone who trod on her sons' pet tortoise with her stiletto heel

To this day both boys (now in their 30s) still don't know the truth

eeeeeewwwwww!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Goldfish (not sure which one from Topsy and Tim) jumped out of bowl one night and found dead on teh floor in the morning.

I love the fact that the myth about gas didn't work
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:14 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

My last one was flushed down the toilet. I normally wouldn't have minded, except it was a golden retriever.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:17 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

My last one was flushed down the toilet. I normally wouldn't have minded, except it was a golden retriever.

Ha ha!

Did it put up much of a fight?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:21 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Ha ha!

Did it put up much of a fight?
I was wondering how big your loo must be
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Ok wierd title but when sitting in a bar the other night we started telling stories of how our pets died, and pc or not it was hilarious - here`s some of ours / friends

I had a budgie who had cancer, I went on girl guide camp and when I returned my mum said the bird had died, sad I thought but s**t happens. Well about 15 years later mum admitted it didn`t actually die but dad wanted to put it out of its misery. Unable to bring himself to wring its neck he turned on the gas oven and popped Leroy in there (didn`t light it, he thought he would just gas it) after 5 mins he opened the door and the thing stumbled out high as a kite, apparently you can`t kill things on north sea gas - so he just wrung its neck anyway as he figured the bird was adequately drugged up not to feel it!

Friend had a budgie that liked to walk around the living room and peck peoples feet. His mate didn`t like this and tried to flick the bird away, but it kept coming back. So a bit annoyed he gave it a god almighty flick (akin to a volley) and the bird landed straight in the open fire and went up in flames!

Other friend and her sister, christmas day when they were young opened presents and my mate got a bike with a basket on the front, her sis got a rabbit. Well Clare decided to ride the bike up and down the garden path with things in the basket, eventually she ran out of things to put in there, so she got her sisters new bunny and promptly stuffed that in the basket and went tearing off hell for leather down the path. Obviously the rabbit got scared and jumped out the front of the basket and Clare ran straight over it on her new bike!

Now i`m not a sick person but this was super funny especially when we`d all had a few beers
A budgie in the fire, pmsl
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:44 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Had a goldfish leap out the bowl , go behind the fridge he got covered in fluff , rinsed him off but he never pulled thro

i can still see his little fluffy face even now
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:46 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Icarus
Had a goldfish leap out the bowl , go behind the fridge he got covered in fluff , rinsed him off but he never pulled thro

i can still see his little fluffy face even now
ha ha ha literally laughed out loud at work at that one!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Show off!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:54 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
ha ha ha literally laughed out loud at work at that one!!!!
it was a terrible day for all concerned , not least for "Rommel" ,

bless him
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL loves to embarrass the OH by telling the story of how he took his three goldfish out of their bowl one night and put them under the dresser to "give them a break from swimming as they must be tired"

Needless to say after spening a night on the floor they never had to swim again

He was only eight mind.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:48 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

One day when I visited my BF (before he became Mr Morwenna) he told me there was a goldfish in his bath. And there was,- swimming somewhat erratically around in the tub.

He'd found it lying on the kitchen floor .... no idea where it had come from as didn't have a tank/pond. We suspect one of the cats had cuaght it from a neighbour's pond. It was apparently lifeless and dry so he picked it up and dropped it in the loo. Before he flushed though he realised it was in fact alive, so he fished it our again and put it in the bath-tub.

I transferred it to our own garden pond, where I wish I could say it had a long and happy life, but it was later eaten by a marauding heron!

Ooh some years later when I came home I found our young puppy on the stairs with something red in its mouth. I put my hand in its mouth and pulled out ...... HALF A LARGE GOLDFISH!

(Next door had a large pond with rather expensive Koi ..... our cat was later found with her front paw wet up to the elbow. She'd obviously caught the fish and brought it home, and given it to the dog!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.