Groceries

Old Jul 12th 2019, 1:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
You can't beat a bit of camembert, especially when the supermarket has been so good to keep it for you until it's nice and ripe... and then gives a discount just when it's approaching it's best!!!
That one's actually brie, (didn't find out until peeling the sticker back), but they still have both the brie and camembert on for $5, so I might go back and get one. It's pretty good.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 2:01 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
That one's actually brie, (didn't find out until peeling the sticker back), but they still have both the brie and camembert on for $5, so I might go back and get one. It's pretty good.
Interesting, I didn't think that Brie was sold in whole boxed wheels like Camembert, nor that Brie was produced in Normandy. Still delicious though, especially when properly ripe
Old Jul 12th 2019, 2:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I didn't think that Brie was sold in whole boxed wheels like Camembert, nor that Brie was produced in Normandy. Still delicious though, especially when properly ripe
Hmm, might not still be on sale, (forgot it's Friday so a new flyer) but no matter. I like the President's Choice brie but this one is definitely better.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 2:11 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

It also really benefits from being allowed to come up to pantry temperature rather than straight out of the fridge. Oh, I'm drooling, I think I'll have to pick up a Brie/Camembert tonight...
Old Jul 12th 2019, 2:43 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

It also really benefits from being allowed to come up to pantry temperature rather than straight out of the fridge. Oh, I'm drooling, I think I'll have to pick up a Brie/Camembert tonight...
We're heading over to your part of the world early next week for a few weeks holiday. The Uk grocery shopping experience and consumption of cheesy comestibles is very much on our vacation to do list! :-)
Old Jul 12th 2019, 2:47 pm
Lowering the tone

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
We're heading over to your part of the world early next week for a few weeks holiday. The Uk grocery shopping experience and consumption of cheesy comestibles is very much on our vacation to do list! :-)
Enjoy!! If you fancy a trip for something a bit different in Norfolk I can recommend the St. George's Distillery tour - the first whisky distillery in England. Really good tour, nice shop and and a lovely cafe.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 2:54 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy!! If you fancy a trip for something a bit different in Norfolk I can recommend the St. George's Distillery tour - the first whisky distillery in England. Really good tour, nice shop and and a lovely cafe.
Interesting. Might do that. Trouble is the Mrs broke her arm a few weeks ago so I am designated driver for the whole trip. But a bottle to take away works :-)
Doubtless will be near your backyard at some point as the kids love Bressingham so thats on the to do list.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 2:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

If you're in the western provinces [edit: or Ontario!] and bought some oysters recently, you might want to check where they came from. Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning has affected a small number of suppliers from a known harvest area.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/certai...r&_gsc=YYGAE9E

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 20th 2019 at 4:02 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 3:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
If you're in the western provinces and bought some oysters recently, you might want to check where they came from. Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning has affected a small number of suppliers from a known harvest area.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/certai...r&_gsc=YYGAE9E
Or Ontario!

Distribution: Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario

https://www.inspection.gc.ca/about-t.../1563582781500
Old Jul 20th 2019, 4:10 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You should NEVER put a Camembert in a fridge. Bloody sacrilege.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 10:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You should NEVER put a Camembert in a fridge. Bloody sacrilege.
Oh fah fah fah, that's the story that's been passed down among Novocastrians and the French because they didn't have fridges; they probably advocate putting it in the root cellar, which is the best they could do. In the store they keep it in the cool room or on the chilled shelves for a reason.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 5:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Two or three weeks ago, Superstore was selling Pacific Pink Salmon fillets (pack of two) for $18 for two packs. Very good deal to be able to feed three for $9.
The offer was repeated the week after.

Last week they had them $7.99 a pack without having to buy two packs.

This week $6.99
Old Aug 5th 2019, 12:21 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Der schnitzelbaum:
I didn't save any roasts; 4 straight chops, a lot of butterflied, and a pile for stew tonight.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 1:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe how expensive asparagus is. It's one of the few vegetables I like but it's so expensive, oddly Safeway was a bit cheaper then Super Store at $4.98/lb vs $5.98/lb but either price is a little too steep so I skipped buy it.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 7:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I can't believe how expensive asparagus is. It's one of the few vegetables I like but it's so expensive, oddly Safeway was a bit cheaper then Super Store at $4.98/lb vs $5.98/lb but either price is a little too steep so I skipped buy it.
I buy when it's $2.99 or less.
It was $6.99 in Sobeys the other day. That's where it stayed.

Of course, if you want to impress your date by cooking a meal then the cost of it doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.