Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Gozit's ultimate smartphone buying guide - Sept 2014

Gozit's ultimate smartphone buying guide - Sept 2014

Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:39 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gozit's ultimate smartphone buying guide - Sept 2014

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Did you have a scowl and a greasy quiff - or did you spend time as dererck the cleric rolling D20's to kill orcs?
I'm quite certain I wasn't anywhere near as cool as I thought I was - but I definitely never played D&D!
Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

He's in St Thomas. A friend of mine went to the Catholic High School. Maybe try there?

They don't sell phones though.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:53 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I believe that might be illegal at the moment. He's better off thinking about mobile phones.
Not really - bloody confusing tho . . .Understanding Age of Consent in Canada teachingsexualhealth.ca Teacher Portal
Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that might be illegal at the moment. He's better off thinking about mobile phones.
Not illegal... I get into a slight bit of a pickle if she gets pregnant though I don't really want another little gozit running about

That's it, an otter box phone. I can text my nan and get Radio Four on it.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I'm saying nowt, I'm already in the frame for 'grooming' Gozit to turn away from his community.
I dont think our friend the mental bus bigot comes round these parts ... JG gave him his warning if he accuses you or anyone else of that again

Originally Posted by sharkus
I've had an Otterbox Defender on my 3GS and my 5S. Very useful for a clumsy sod like me, plus one can let the small person hold the phone and if it is dropped it's ok (apart from into water, but they do have a waterproof one - for a certain value of waterproof).

As to the subject under discussion, the current plans from carriers are horrible. Around two years ago you could get an ok iPhone plan (200 local minutes, basic long distance, free calling to / from 10 numbers. unlimited picture and text messaging, visual voicemail, and 6GB of data) for around 65 + tax. To get a similar plan today, it is $125 plus tax. Even if you speak to the retentions departments you will be lucky to get it for $90 + tax a month.

I wasn't too unhappy to take a contract with Bell, for a new 5S, but they simply would not offer me a plan that could match what I already had (I was with them on a month to month with unlocked iPhone 3GS), so I decided to purchase an unlocked 5S from Apple. Yes the initial outlay was a lot more, but it will end up saving me money. How? Firstly, I get to keep the plan I'm on, and secondly, when and if I get a new phone, I can sell the iPhone 5S on and put that against the new phone purchase. As it's unlocked, that will allow the new user to go to whatever network they like.

Note: If you buy a "no term" phone from a carrier then I believe it is still locked to their network, and as with any locked phone, you'll have to pay to get it unlocked, and for iPhones it's $50 + tax. More gouging by the carriers! It does not cost $50 to send the IMEI to Apple's servers and request a wildcard unlock, nor does it require specially trained staff to do this either. In fact, in the UK O2 will allow you to unlock your phone phone for free (within certain conditions), and you can do it yourself via their website. Far more sensible.
i used to have that exact 6gb plan...
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
He's in St Thomas. A friend of mine went to the Catholic High School. Maybe try there?

They don't sell phones though.
What are we having a BE get-laid parade coming looking for me?
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:08 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Gozit - do we need to have the Contraception talk ???
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Not illegal... I get into a slight bit of a pickle if she gets pregnant though I don't really want another little gozit running about
:flail:

BE couldn't cope with an even younger poster

Originally Posted by Gozit

I dont think our friend the mental bus bigot comes round these parts ... JG gave him his warning if he accuses you or anyone else of that again
Let's not say his name three times
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Looks like it.

No parade Gozit. Although if you're that way inclined I'm sure there must be some nice boys around there somewhere.

As for coming looking for you, you're going to have to put some of the effort in yourself...
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Ha with what they teach me in school maybe ..............
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:14 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by Dashie
Looks like it.

No parade Gozit. Although if you're that way inclined I'm sure there must be some nice boys around there somewhere.

As for coming looking for you, you're going to have to put some of the effort in yourself...
Nowadays it seems that they try it all and then decide
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

If that's what's needed, then the world's his oyster!
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:23 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the cheapest android smartphone I could find, the other day. Cost $80 new (which includes $10 worth of service use).

After doing what I needed to do with it (boring development stuff), I put a $100 prepay payment on it. So it'll stay active as a cell/data/text capable device for the next year.

I think the point is, if you can get by using services mostly through WIFI connections, you can run a smartphone for a tiny fraction of the lifetime cost [that you're suggesting] someone might pay...
Old Sep 20th 2014, 12:13 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I'm quite certain I wasn't anywhere near as cool as I thought I was - but I definitely never played D&D!
I did. But not after 15. Honest.

Still in retrospect it was cooler than people give it credit for because at the time everyone thought D&D was played by evil satanists. On second thoughts, no even that can't save it.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 1:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

Ha ha my daughter and I were ogling a 'waltzer' guy just the other day

I even tried to get a sneaky pic of him

They're a lot cleaner than they were in my day.

Especially as he was in a classroom with other students and a teacher at the time.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 1:33 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

iPhone 6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.