Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Gozit's ultimate smartphone buying guide - Sept 2014

Gozit's ultimate smartphone buying guide - Sept 2014

Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:08 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gozit's ultimate smartphone buying guide - Sept 2014

Originally Posted by Gozit
I was most definitely NOT being sexist
I actually totally forgot you were pregnant in the heat of the moment...
Err I wasn't referring to being pregnant, neither did I mention it. I just curious as to why you dismissed me as incapable of using a smart phone....although not that curious tbf.

Out of interest, dads a doctor- I well know that surgeons come with a peculiar set of beliefs sometimes, what does your mother do? Is she a doctor too?
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:12 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

To clarify I wasn't accusing you of being sexist...more that you're 15 and you make assumptions that were illogical so based on what? I was wondering if it was the basic facts you know about me....

I think when you're young, a lot of older people get dismissed as little value. It's the arrogance of youth sadly.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Err I wasn't referring to being pregnant, neither did I mention it. I just curious as to why you dismissed me as incapable of using a smart phone....although not that curious tbf.

Out of interest, dads a doctor- I well know that surgeons come with a peculiar set of beliefs sometimes, what does your mother do? Is she a doctor too?
Oops sorry. For some reason id thought you mentioned being pregnant. Havent had my coffee yet so readings a bit off. Apologies

Dads a doctor yeah, mum is a social worker by degree, worked for a few yrs then when my brother was born and my dad got his practise going she stopped working and is a stay at home mum as of now
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

To clarify I wasn't accusing you of being sexist...more that you're 15 and you make assumptions that were illogical so based on what? I was wondering if it was the basic facts you know about me....
Well when you wrote "its because im a woman going through emotional issues at the moment" that implied quite clearly that you may be accusing me of being sexist...
I think when you're young, a lot of older people get dismissed as little value. It's the arrogance of youth sadly.
I got a bit arrogant in the heat of the moment and quite honestly thats not how i usually am. I apologise. Normally im open to advise but take everything with a grain of salt.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:29 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Well when you wrote "its because im a woman going through emotional issues at the moment" that implied quite clearly that you may be accusing me of being sexist... I got a bit arrogant in the heat of the moment and quite honestly thats not how i usually am. I apologise. Normally im open to advise but take everything with a grain of salt.
Actually I was referring to the whole "sobbing going home thing" .... Still I think it was a reasonable conclusion to come to. You did take a leap. I was just filling in the gaps.

And I really hope that you don't make assumptions about people...women, men, grannies etc
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Actually I was referring to the whole "sobbing going home thing" .... Still I think it was a reasonable conclusion to come to. You did take a leap. I was just filling in the gaps.

And I really hope that you don't make assumptions about people...women, men, grannies etc
Oh right that.
No i dont make assumptions about people or follow stereotypes. Way upthread schnook was talking about bullying. All that bullshit comes from stereotypes about people. "Nerds" "geeks" "jocks" etc. I absolutely hate all of that and that has taught me stereotyping is wrong.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:53 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Ok they are contradictory. But having said that young adults do display some natural tendencies! Hopefully they grow out of them given the right training!

The doctor question was deliberately misleading though. I actually had the impression that his mother was stay at home, and maybe just maybe that's why he assumed I couldn't work my phone because his mother couldn't. But actually his mother could have been a dr. Statically health care professionals are more likely to be married to other type professions.

Last edited by Tirytory; Sep 26th 2014 at 1:55 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 3:10 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I was most definitely NOT being sexist
Just a bit ageist then?
Old Sep 26th 2014, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Ok they are contradictory. But having said that young adults do display some natural tendencies! Hopefully they grow out of them given the right training!

The doctor question was deliberately misleading though. I actually had the impression that his mother was stay at home, and maybe just maybe that's why he assumed I couldn't work my phone because his mother couldn't. But actually his mother could have been a dr. Statically health care professionals are more likely to be married to other type professions.
What fresh hell is this?
Old Sep 27th 2014, 12:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone makes assumptions about people, especially when they're just words on a discussion board. It's impossible not to, doesn't matter what age you are.
Old Sep 27th 2014, 3:23 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry folks, I'm closing this thread. It's gone way off at a tangent.

Thanks