Fears

Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:31 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fears

Originally Posted by Greenhill
They say it was 50-60cm long (almost 2')

Here's another one (only 10" long, though), having a tarantula for lunch:

Thanks, all those legs has made me itchy
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Enclosed spaces. I can't use lifts unless I absolutely have to. Will use them to get up big towers etc but am shaking etc!

I am so scared of getting locked into a toilet I take my son with me and make him face the door holding it shut so I don't have to lock it. I have no idea what I will do when he gets too old to come with me!
Old Jul 9th 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

Originally Posted by leith
Daddy long legs. I will scream if those long wiggly legs touch me.
Oh, me too! I am sooooo glad I'm not the only one to have a completely irrational fear (let's face it, they're completely harmless) of them. I feel less of a freak now

Just looking at them - I find them so repulsive they make my skin crawl, and if one of them even touches me, it can actually make me cry. It's also the way they fly as though with no aim, with their two front legs pedalling into nothing.

'Random flappy bast*rds', is what I call them. Yuk yuk yuk.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

Mine's spiders - very boring. Once left the house for the weekend as there was a massive one and the other half (kept mainly for this purpose) was away. Had to go and stay at my mum's.

A family friend had a phobia of pastry. She tried to make it once and when she put her hands in it and started to do the rubbing into breadcrumbs thing, she passed out. However, my mum made her mince pies for years, so could of been a good bit of acting.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

exposure on ridges but bizzarely i put myself through some wicked ridges in scotland walking.

its probably because were in a group and you feel you have to go on, never thought peer pressure would hit me at 21!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all

clowns! and my boys know and find it highley amusing to make me see them if they are on the tele!

And dentists where i do actually hyperventilate lol much to the amusement of my old dentist who thinks i'm a wuss ha ha
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:25 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Well I suppose even if a fear is unfounded it‘s still as real as it needs to be. Terror is just as bad from a phobia as from a tangible threat. When I was about 12 we went to visit relatives in Calgary and we went to Happy Valley rec park. In those days it was about a 20 minute drive out of town. There was a 35‘ diving platform in the indoor pool and I decided to try it. It looked a lot scarier from the top than it did from the apron. I considered climbing down, but thought that if I could jump once I would overcome my fear. I held my nose and jumped feet first. From 35‘ you go right down to the bottom of the pool, and it took a few secs to swim to the surface. Up I went again, and I was still scared, but did it. I must have done it 5 times and I was scared each time - it never got any better. I‘m not really scared of high places, just jumping from them.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:02 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Having to tilt my head back at the dentist and at the hairdressers to have hair washed? I start to panic and cannot breath.

Deep dark water (after reading Stephen King - The Raft as a teenager).
I used to go swimming in a local quarry, got to a platform on one side, and then had to swim back crying my eyes out and all hysterical.

Heights, I once got stuck in an attic when the ladder broke and I would not climb down onto a stool, I was there for about an hour before I decided I didn't actually want to spend the rest of my life there.

At a Cathedral in Lyon, I froze on a metal set of spiral stairs as you could see all the way down to the base of the Cathedral, same thing on the Eiffel Tower.

Think I am a bit of a wuss...
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:34 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Butterflies, snakes, worms, any kind of pain, flying, my OH being late home - I am quite the irrational freak it would seem :0)
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:39 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

What about giant centipedes?

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Butterflies, snakes, worms
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:19 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

What about being trapped in a pit full of giant centipedes, eating snakes IN THE DARK?

Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:07 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Bleurgh yes those as well - even small centipedes, inch worms, moths - basically anything lol
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:08 pm

What about being trapped in a pit full of giant centipedes, eating snakes IN THE DARK?
I don't mind the dark..
Old Jul 11th 2012, 8:20 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Fish!
Me too!! There is no way on this earth I could touch a fish! My daughter did once have some goldfish and it was as much as I could do to throw a bit of food in for them (at arms length at that) but I left the cleaning out to my husband and I would have to leave the room whilst he did it. I think its just that cold expressionless face that fish have!

My sister is the same; in fact she's probably worse than me and both my mum and my daughter have a phobia of frogs. Every year my mum used to get my dad to remove all the frogspawn from their pond. After my dad died, the pond was very quickly done away with altogether! I only became aware of my daughter's phobia when we were camping last year when she became hysterical when there was a tiny frog (about an inch long) high up on the wall in a shower block.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 2:38 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Watching "Extreme animal phobia" and wondering if anyone of you has a phobia that really is what would be classed as extreme - and not a mere dislike.

Mine would be heights, I can go up a scaffold or a ladder or whatever but when it comes to super high things like bridges - it's the whole hyperventilating thing.

Thats about the only thing for me.
Rejection

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.