Fears

Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:21 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fears

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
mine are numerous and varied

Flying (working on that one!)
That's where you go wrong. Look at the up side, like flying, fear of crashing!

Me, I dislike heights, not because I don't like being on the roof, just don't want to fall off.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:27 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

actually I have no fear of crashing whatsoever, I know how unlikely it is (even with me at the controls!)
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Balloons popping is nothing compared to crashing.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:01 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Snakes/worms/eels, a simple phobia of mine.

More complicatedly I worry about hills, not heights, but of falling and rolling down..when driving up hills I like like to lean forwards in case the car tips head over heels and rolls down the hill. I tend to insist passengers do this too. I can stand at the top of a hill and look down if there is a railing otherwise I would have to lie down and crawl to the edge. I did this in Kitzbuhl when I wanted to look at the Hahnenkamm start.

I also worry when things are close to my face which means masks, the windscreen on sports cars, crowds cos I'm short.

I hate not knowing where the exit is in big shops and malls. Neurotic? Hell yeah.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:02 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

actually I have no fear of crashing whatsoever, I know how unlikely it is (even with me at the controls!)
I used to work with someone who was in a glider that crashed. It was her first lesson. Once she was better from all those fractures she did go up again.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:14 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I have a very healthy respect for glider pilots. At least I have the option to go around if I've effed up my approach !

Doubly so if you've crashed and then gone back up !
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:43 pm
limey party pooper

I have a very healthy respect for glider pilots. At least I have the option to go around if I've effed up my approach !

Doubly so if you've crashed and then gone back up !
If I remember correctly this was not a landing thing, somebody or other declared it was the pilot's fault for expecting too much from the learner. I was amazed that my friend went back up, especially as there was no need to.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:03 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

I also fear being broke.

I have had some times when things have been going REALLY badly - no work, I have used up all my money, my credit and broken into my last fiver and wondered what the hell I am going to do.

It was so frightening that I worry about money all the time because I never want to go back to that situation.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:07 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Mine too is heights. I didn't realise how fearful I was until we visited the Myra Canyon Tressle cycle trail near Kelowna. I froze going over the first tressle (you could see straight through them to the drop below!) and had to turn back, leaving my OH and son to head off on their own. The dirt trail heading to each tressle was really narrow too, with people on their bikes heading both ways. The drop was too much for me to cope with and I thought I was going to pass out. Never, EVER again will I be persuaded to do that kind of thing again. I fretted the whole time the boys were gone and had visions of one of them going off the edge. Yes, for those who like that sort of thing it's fab. For me it was a complete nightmare

Link here:
http://www.myratrestles.com/index.php

Last edited by Dotty P; Nov 24th 2012 at 5:10 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:13 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dotty P;10399405]Mine too is heights. I didn't realise how fearful I was until we visited the Myra Canyon Tressle cycle trail near Kelowna. I froze going over the first tressle (you could see straight through them to the drop below!) and had to turn back, leaving my OH and son to head off on their own. The dirt trail heading to each tressle was really narrow too, with people on their bikes heading both ways. The drop was too much for me to cope with and I thought I was going to pass out. Never, EVER again will I be persuaded to do that kind of thing again. I fretted the whole time the boys were gone and had visions of one of them going off the edge. Yes, for those who like that sort of thing it's fab. For me it was a complete nightmare

I guess you wouldn't fancy a ride in my hot air balloon then.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:16 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Simon Legree;10399410]
Originally Posted by Dotty P
Mine too is heights. I didn't realise how fearful I was until we visited the Myra Canyon Tressle cycle trail near Kelowna. I froze going over the first tressle (you could see straight through them to the drop below!) and had to turn back, leaving my OH and son to head off on their own. The dirt trail heading to each tressle was really narrow too, with people on their bikes heading both ways. The drop was too much for me to cope with and I thought I was going to pass out. Never, EVER again will I be persuaded to do that kind of thing again. I fretted the whole time the boys were gone and had visions of one of them going off the edge. Yes, for those who like that sort of thing it's fab. For me it was a complete nightmare

I guess you wouldn't fancy a ride in my hot air balloon then.
Strange as it may seem, I'd think I'd be fine with that but it's the fear of wobbling off the edge on my bike when someone wants to pass. And seeing the drop below (did you look at the link?). I'm assuming a nice balloon basket has a solid bottom, so I 'think' I'd be okay....
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:48 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Bonfires
chickens
ambulances
snakes
posh people

That's about it really.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:25 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Really stupidly, im terrified of driving (yeh great idea to move to Canada, huh?!) At the moment I find it hard to even get behind the wheel at all, although I do keep trying.

I used to drive (allbeit nervously) but then one day, I just stopped being able to get behind a wheel without freezing up, shaking and sweating. Husband is trying to 'fix' me by randomly pulling the car over and refusing to drive the rest of the way. Not entirely sure this is working for me though...I now live in fear when we go anywhere
Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:48 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joolschweetie
Really stupidly, im terrified of driving (yeh great idea to move to Canada, huh?!) At the moment I find it hard to even get behind the wheel at all, although I do keep trying.

I used to drive (allbeit nervously) but then one day, I just stopped being able to get behind a wheel without freezing up, shaking and sweating. Husband is trying to 'fix' me by randomly pulling the car over and refusing to drive the rest of the way. Not entirely sure this is working for me though...I now live in fear when we go anywhere
I believe you need some professional help for this. Speak to your GP for a referral.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:58 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

After speaking with a friend about fears etc, she'd suggested hypnotherapy but dunno how I feel about that. I've so far avoided any professional opinions on it because people really judge you for something as irrational. But it's just getting silly now so maybe you're right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.