Coronavirus

Old Mar 19th 2020, 11:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
But it is a company not a charity. It may sound cold but it is not her responsibility to pay effectively a donation with no service rendered to help her business. She should file a dispute/chargeback, 100%.

I know and I would want my money back...but my daughter takes after my husband...not me. They are too nice.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 11:33 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

In this part of the world there is little talk about 14 or 30 days. We're being told that social distancing will be a longer term thing. The schools shut on Tuesday for an "indefinite period". That was clarified the following day by the Provincial Minister of Health that we're talking months not weeks. Communications from the school board make it clear that return is not anticipated before the new academic year. (September). A state of emergency has been declared - pubs, gyms etc closed. Restaurants that can maintain social distancing (<50 people) stay open but can't be far from being closed. Many have gone to take out only. Provincial Govt employees sent to work from home, Towns and Cities ditto with recreation facilities and town halls closed. Many private business (incl. the one I work for) have sent their staff home.

We have one confirmed case and two presumptive. The confirmed case is someone who returned from a cruise, the presumptive cases are relatives of that person. Marine Atlantic (the ferry that links Newfoundland to NS) is limited to 250 passengers at a time. Air traffic is shortly going to come down to a pretty minimal level across Canada with Porter shutting down & WJ / AC severely cutting schedules. So it feels like the country is pretty much heading towards complete lockdown. The US border closure is, I think, a good thing given the shit show thats going on down south.

This will go on for months. It's entirely possible we'll get through the peak, life will return to some semblance of normal for the virus to reappear and for lockdown to happen again. That could happen continually until a viable vaccine is available IMHO. Whether we'll all still be working by that point or all on universal basic income and whether we've managed not to kill our families members by that point are things I care not to predict!
Old Mar 19th 2020, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My daughter paid for granddaughter to go to day camp next Monday. It has been cancelled but the owner doesn’t want to refund the $200+ it cost. My daughter feels sorry for her and doesn’t want to put her out of biz. She has also 11 weeks of summer camp booked, at various camps. So far these haven’t been cancelled but if they are will they refund the $1,000 to $1,500 per week paid in January?
Tomorrow the final $350 payment will be taken off my credit card for the school band trip to Montreal that my daughter is supposed to go on in May. We have heard nothing from the travel company or the school.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 12:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

While the border remains open for commercial goods, appears insurance companies are unwilling to provide coverage for COVID related medical.

"Major insurance companies won’t guarantee they’ll honor COVID-19 related medical claims by truckers crossing the American border."

As regards to doing a charge back for services, keep in mind when one does that the place getting the charge back may kindly request you no longer do business with them.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 12:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
While the border remains open for commercial goods, appears insurance companies are unwilling to provide coverage for COVID related medical.

"Major insurance companies won’t guarantee they’ll honor COVID-19 related medical claims by truckers crossing the American border."

As regards to doing a charge back for services, keep in mind when one does that the place getting the charge back may kindly request you no longer do business with them.
That’s fine...if they refuse me a refund I certainly will not be doing biz with them again.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 12:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by caretaker
Could come in handy if there's a toilet paper crisis. I'm a caretaker and have 7 cases of 2ply at work, and the keys for several different types of commercial dispensers. If the Chinese curve model holds true and we ride this out for 2 or 3 months there should be gradual easing of restrictions. We should be able to handle that without getting all Lord of the Flies. Why, when I was a boy we were under threat of nuclear attack and we didn't collapse. Canadian Pacific built and stocked a bomb shelter in the basement of our railway station, and at school we learned to crawl under our desks and protect our heads with our arms. This is an inconvenience, not the end of the world, and it isn't the last or worst pandemic the world is likely to face; so we could in fact be practicing for an even more devastating one, so it's important we learn from it.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 12:43 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Remember social distancing means:

No visits with friends or family if you don't live together.
No play dates for your children
No dinners or coffee meet ups.

The Toronto health officer gave a pretty good speech about that and listed of things that are not social distancing that people keep doing.

I will admit I am going bonkers inside, apartment/condo is about the worst with no access to a yard, and my wife and I are driving each other crazy, we may hate one another at the end of this....lol

For her and many others with mental health issues, social isolation is really bad, difficult to maintain good mental health when socially isolated and is the opposite of what you would normally be told to do, hoping she does go manic over this, would suck for her to be stuck in a hospital right now, especially with no visitors allowed.
It's a funny old world innit. All these years I've been mocking millennials for spending too much time in their parents basement playing video games, now when they are told to stay inside, all of a sudden, everyone complains and wants to go out for a coffee.

This isn't directed at you JSmith, just an observation from my twitter feed.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:00 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

#1 trending video to watch right now. Now that everyone is at home we can all spend 8 mins to learn all the facts about this virus.

Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:01 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
It's a funny old world innit.

An email from Galen Weston says the Loblaws/Superstore stores will no longer be charging the 5c for plastic bags and will be discouraging use of the re-usable ones.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:07 am
`

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
She has also 11 weeks of summer camp booked, at various camps. So far these haven’t been cancelled but if they are will they refund the $1,000 to $1,500 per week paid in January?
That may be a typo JG? It says mega $ a week rather than for the month/period.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:09 am
`

Originally Posted by caretaker
The Hungarian Club closes tomorrow at end of business day.
Bugger

I have been a bit concerned for your employment MrCaretaker.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

An email from Galen Weston says the Loblaws/Superstore stores will no longer be charging the 5c for plastic bags and will be discouraging use of the re-usable ones.
That is a good plan. Most people don't clean reusable bags well they are nasty germ filled grossness.

I am sure the lack of flights and reduction in cars on the roads, and slowing economy will do more benefit to offset some extra plastic bags used.

I am hoping companies will see hey we don't need everyone in the office everyday, and set up more employees to work from home, that would make a nice dent in emissions from cars.

Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:29 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Daughters full time job is going to be making lay offs, yet to find out the extent.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:33 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Alberta has had its 1st death. Someone with underlying medical issues.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 1:58 am
Account Closed

Governor of California has issued a shelter in place for the entire state now, almost 40 million people live in California.

https://www.sfexaminer.com/news/gov-...or-california/

Translink is going to suspend bus fares in an effort to distance drivers from passengers, only rear door will be used.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/translink-susp...cing-1.4860436

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 20th 2020 at 2:24 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.