Coronavirus

Old Jan 18th 2023, 2:23 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by printer
Do you know if the vaccination rates for your area are similar to here in BC for example? Could that play a part in the difference because as you say it seems odd based on the earlier data.
It's almost impossible to tell anything, really, other than deaths and hospitalisations.
You'd think you'd get something recent from a search but I got this and it's 2021

CBC (yesterday) says A total of 29.4 per cent of eligible New Brunswickers have now received their second booster, up from 28.8 per cent.

The 50% with the third dose (that would be the initial 2 and a first booster) has become 29% with the 2nd booster. I had mine last May and my third booster (Bivalent) in November.

One would hope these figures have been improved but just not updated yet otherwise much fewer than 29% will have the latest "full" or best protection.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 6:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KayBex
Here's more updated info for you.
Thanks for that but unless I'm missing something I can't really make a comparison. I've had a third booster (bivalent and has been available for several months) and those figures don't seem to go beyond a second booster.

The 21% you quoted says
The cumulative percent of peoplewho have in the last 6 months, completed the primary series or received a booster dose with a COVID-19 vaccine in New Brunswick was 21.0% as of January 1, 2023.
So in the last 6 months some people have only had their 2nd and others have had a booster. But there have been three boosters available by this date.

The CBC figure I found was supposedly from new figures and had 29% with 2nd boosters. 21% would make more sense for those who had 3rd boosters.

It's all a bit headache giving. (but not a covid headache)
Old Jan 20th 2023, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Thanks for that but unless I'm missing something I can't really make a comparison. I've had a third booster (bivalent and has been available for several months) and those figures don't seem to go beyond a second booster.

The 21% you quoted says

So in the last 6 months some people have only had their 2nd and others have had a booster. But there have been three boosters available by this date.

The CBC figure I found was supposedly from new figures and had 29% with 2nd boosters. 21% would make more sense for those who had 3rd boosters.

It's all a bit headache giving. (but not a covid headache)
Maybe its a vaccination headache, you can make a claim.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 4:21 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Japan has seen the light...
Covid-19 is categorized as a Class 2 disease, the same status as tuberculosis and avian influenza, according to Japan’s Health Ministry. Officials will now discuss reclassifying it to Class 5 – the lowest rank, which includes seasonal flu.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/japan-...ules-1.6238801
Old Jan 20th 2023, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I am travelling to the UK in March and September last year was when I had my 4th shot. I will get another jab just before travelling. I have not had any adverse effects from any of the 4 previous jabs so I have no concerns on receiving a 5th one.
Each to their own should they wish to receive a jab or not and most of us are just fed up and do our own risk assessments.

I do wonder if for example they made it mandatory in the respective age groups that you have proof of having 5, 4, 3 jabs before boarding a plane. Might see a few more empty seats open up however I don't see this happening.
Old Jan 21st 2023, 1:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I am travelling to the UK in March and September last year was when I had my 4th shot. I will get another jab just before travelling. I have not had any adverse effects from any of the 4 previous jabs so I have no concerns on receiving a 5th one.
Each to their own should they wish to receive a jab or not and most of us are just fed up and do our own risk assessments.

I do wonder if for example they made it mandatory in the respective age groups that you have proof of having 5, 4, 3 jabs before boarding a plane. Might see a few more empty seats open up however I don't see this happening.
I, like others, became a bit lax about vaccinations. I'd had three, I was in no rush for more. Then, just before Christmas, a colleague caught covid. It was only by happenstance that the team hadn't been in the same room after she was infected. Watching her vomit and choke through Teams meetings sharpened our focus and we've all had four shots now. When there's a fifth or an nth, I'll be getting it.
Old Jan 21st 2023, 1:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I, like others, became a bit lax about vaccinations. I'd had three, I was in no rush for more. Then, just before Christmas, a colleague caught covid. It was only by happenstance that the team hadn't been in the same room after she was infected. Watching her vomit and choke through Teams meetings sharpened our focus and we've all had four shots now. When there's a fifth or an nth, I'll be getting it.
There is a 5th…I had mine in October.
Old Jan 21st 2023, 6:55 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dbd33
When there's a fifth or an nth, I'll be getting it.
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There is a 5th…I had mine in October.
Yes, I was pretty sure NB and Ontario are aligned on this. It was the bivalent jab, to deal with omicron as well as well as the earlier one.

In related news, like just about everywhere else, the covid measures had obliterated regular flu but now that the precautions have been done away with, seemingly people are thumbing their noses at responsibility now because NB just had the highest death numbers from flu for 10 years and flu season isn't over yet.

Well done people.

Old Jan 22nd 2023, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yes, I was pretty sure NB and Ontario are aligned on this. It was the bivalent jab, to deal with omicron as well as well as the earlier one.

In related news, like just about everywhere else, the covid measures had obliterated regular flu but now that the precautions have been done away with, seemingly people are thumbing their noses at responsibility now because NB just had the highest death numbers from flu for 10 years and flu season isn't over yet.

Well done people.
There is still this mistrust of government and even health authority advice which was initially all being driven by science and what we had learned yet more recently seems to be more political or bloody mindedness on the part of some. Nobody in BC's healthcare system was allowed to work without being fully vaccinated yet this was and still is only based on 2 shots despite the fact that those with only 2 have way less immunity if any than those with boosters. Other provinces did away with that mandate yet BC stuck religiously to its guns despite some rather dubious claims it was in the patients interest when other health authorities weren't doing same and despite the fact we were and are still desperate for extra staff. I would be interested to know how many doctors and nurses in BC got the shot primarily because they wanted to keep their job and how many of those have not gotten any more.
Generally as you say we have become lax overall and of course flu has taken off big time. I noticed today while taking lunch in a local cafe that half the empty tables had not been wiped down and some had still to be cleared. People were coming in and flicking crumbs off the tables themselves and moving cups or plates just so they could sit. We had to ask for the table to be cleaned. Clearly there was a staffing issue and serving customers and making drinks had taken priority over cleanliness. They had even run out of clean mugs at time of ordering. A far cry from those heady days of everything being cleaned and sanitized before you were even allowed near the table
Old Jan 24th 2023, 7:55 pm
Oscar nominated

COVID-19 has claimed the lives of 11 more New Brunswickers, the province reported Tuesday, and the number of people admitted to the hospital because of the virus has increased "slightly" in the past week, while the number of confirmed cases has decreased.
I don't know why they bother to report about the testing given there's not much of it. But the deaths are up significantly and hospitalisations are up slightly. Although 2 admissions followed by 14 followed by 17 is not what I'd call a slight increase.

Not many, granted. But it's almost like bad outcomes are happening with people not knowing they have it until it's too late.

Last edited by BristolUK; Jan 24th 2023 at 9:13 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2023, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

I see that the UK is now winding down boosters in their attempt at leaving this pandemic behind and i quote:Booster jabs will no longer be available to healthy under-50s from February 12.

Offers of first and second doses will also be withdrawn later this year.
They go on to say there will still be boosters available for those "at risk" particularly in the fall as flu season approaches and some vulnerable people may get one in the Spring.
Old Jan 26th 2023, 1:20 pm
Oscar nominated

Those who are unjabbed are being urged to take up the offer ‘as soon as possible.’
Why?
Old Jan 26th 2023, 10:43 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

COVID is finally beginning to be a bad memory around this way.
My local Costco just took down their plexi glass dividers at the tills. I can still remember having to wait upwards of 30 minutes just to get inside the store back in March 2020. That's when people were panic buying bog roll
Old Mar 27th 2023, 9:42 am
Oscar nominated

So after New Brunswick announcing covid deaths were higher in year three than years one and two added together and that positive test rates were recently the highest for a year, the province has decided to address this issue by vastly reducing the testing.

Of course what this will likely mean is that you only get tested if you really, really, probably have covid and positive rates will go up.
Old Mar 29th 2023, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

The National Citizens Inquiry is doing a good job so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.