Coronavirus

Old Sep 4th 2022, 11:28 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by printer
But why? UK COVID level down to a 2 as per Dannys link and a town in Ontario is high risk. 70 million odd versus 80 or 100 thousand. Same variants circulating, same protocols were being used except Canada is still way behind UK on reducing some of its masking rules. UK has been out of most restrictions since Christmas yet Canada still cannot let go so we should expect the reverse to be happening.
I had to get bloods yesterday and despite the fact that masks are still mandatory they still have limited spaced out seating and will only let one person inside at a time to register then when all seats full its stand outside. I still cannot enter any Canadian airport without a mask yet i can enter any other crowded establishment without one and sit or stand right next to another mask less person. I cannot however enter the blood clinic with full medical mask and sit up close to anyone or stand inside unless person in front has sat down!
Politicians and Public Health Medics have different priorities don't they. One aims to stop the spread of disease and the other aims to get votes improve the overall life of the populace
Here's the link for your perusal
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...84b1901a59f556
Old Sep 4th 2022, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Politicians and Public Health Medics have different priorities don't they. One aims to stop the spread of disease and the other aims to get votes improve the overall life of the populace
Here's the link for your perusal
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...84b1901a59f556
I see that their figure for total ICU numbers since 2020 was only 47. This seems like a reasonable figure considering what some areas around the world were reporting. I agree that politics and health advice do not always go hand in hand but one would wonder what is the right way to go? Masking in some areas and not others and asking travelers to fill in online forms to enter the country would not appear to be particularly useful at stopping the spread. Asking a passenger to fill out a form and submit information on his/her vax status and well being if they dared drive south for a few days yet not bothering to do same if they travelled from Vancouver to Toronto seems meaningless.
Old Sep 5th 2022, 12:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yes, but the lack of staff numbers is covid connected.

Trying to avoid health services being overwhelmed was never only about covid patients, it was obviously going to include staff numbers affected by covid. So patient numbers are down - with the expectation that they are about to rise again - but staffing is still negatively impacted.
You speak a truth .
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 9:51 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

The federal government has decided to drop the vaccination requirement for people entering Canada, end random COVID-19 testing at airports and make the use of the ArriveCan app optional by the end of this month, a senior government source told CBC News.

Old Sep 22nd 2022, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
The federal government has decided to drop the vaccination requirement for people entering Canada, end random COVID-19 testing at airports and make the use of the ArriveCan app optional by the end of this month, a senior government source told CBC News.
Maybe since Justin has been enjoying his hassle free trip to the UK he has seen the light?
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 7:45 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's certainly not gone away... my wife is currently ill with COVID. She felt ill on Tuesday - sore throat, cough and flu symptoms - tested positive Weds am and is still very poorly in bed. She's been triple-vaccinated so who knows how bad it could otherwise have been.
Old Sep 27th 2022, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Well it's certainly not gone away... my wife is currently ill with COVID. She felt ill on Tuesday - sore throat, cough and flu symptoms - tested positive Weds am and is still very poorly in bed. She's been triple-vaccinated so who knows how bad it could otherwise have been.
You never know what's going to come up.

Khosta 2 may be a problem, or at least it's something to watch out for.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vacci...202200722.html
Old Sep 27th 2022, 12:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
My daughter was quite ill for approx 1 week with Covid a couple of weeks ago. She also had it at the end of March…again she was quite ill. She’s been vaxed 3 times.

I had it a few weeks ago. Felt a little under the weather, but ok the next day, apart from shivery feeling across my shoulders for about 1 week. Hubby caught it from me, he said it felt like a bad cold for several days. We have had 4 shots, getting the 5th today.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 27th 2022 at 12:41 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Sep 28th 2022, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My daughter was quite ill for approx 1 week with Covid a couple of weeks ago. She also had it at the end of March…again she was quite ill. She’s been vaxed 3 times.

I had it a few weeks ago. Felt a little under the weather, but ok the next day, apart from shivery feeling across my shoulders for about 1 week. Hubby caught it from me, he said it felt like a bad cold for several days. We have had 4 shots, getting the 5th today.
Interesting that despite the number of vax shots there was still issues with feeling very unwell. I get jingsamichtys comment about just how bad it might have been without the shots but of course we will never really know. To have had 4 shots and still get ill seems to suggest the vaccination is not doing it's job because so many are getting mild forms of this virus now that you wouldn't generally expect the average healthy person to be too badly affected.
Prior to COVID flu was a big issue and affected some much more than others and again some had the flu jab some didn't. I just think in general terms this is now much more like flu and will indeed cause some more issues than others. Vaccinations will be a personal choice and hopefully if those that are ill stay away from others and take necessary precautions we can move on without our health services collapsing under the strain
Old Sep 28th 2022, 1:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that despite the number of vax shots there was still issues with feeling very unwell. I get jingsamichtys comment about just how bad it might have been without the shots but of course we will never really know. To have had 4 shots and still get ill seems to suggest the vaccination is not doing it's job because so many are getting mild forms of this virus now that you wouldn't generally expect the average healthy person to be too badly affected.
Prior to COVID flu was a big issue and affected some much more than others and again some had the flu jab some didn't. I just think in general terms this is now much more like flu and will indeed cause some more issues than others. Vaccinations will be a personal choice and hopefully if those that are ill stay away from others and take necessary precautions we can move on without our health services collapsing under the strain
The 4 shots certainly worked for me. I felt a little grotty during the first afternoon and evening. Woke the next morning feeling fine, apart from the shivery feeling which was nothing really. Hubby said it felt like a bad cold, but he carried on as normal, so probably more like ‘man flu’. So IMO the 4 shots worked for us. Unfortunately 3 shots didn’t work so well for our daughter. She has the 4th booked for this Friday.

5th shot booked next month

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 28th 2022 at 3:26 am.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Mackem_66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our 36 year old daughter had severe myocarditis symptoms following a Moderna jab that are still not fully resolved over a year later. Two separate hospitals refused to acknowledge a possible vaccine injury. I had two shots of the Oxford vaccine in 2021 and that is it for me, I'm won't be having any of the Moderna/Pfizer mrna "boosters".
Old Sep 28th 2022, 2:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that despite the number of vax shots there was still issues with feeling very unwell. I get jingsamichtys comment about just how bad it might have been without the shots but of course we will never really know.
Apart from the medical people and their data confirming it.
To have had 4 shots and still get ill seems to suggest the vaccination is not doing it's job
That's wholly misleading.
Its job was to lessen severity overall and everything points to that being a success.

Last edited by BristolUK; Sep 28th 2022 at 2:12 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2022, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Apart from the medical people and their data confirming it.

That's wholly misleading.
Its job was to lessen severity overall and everything points to that being a success.
The early days of the virus compared to now are totally different. Anything and everything was being thrown at this virus to prevent deaths and massive overload of ICU depts and the vaccine rollout was one such tool that was being heralded as the only way out. However we know that as time went by the virus changed and became much less serious for most. The vaccine wasn't the only reason people were managing to carry on without dropping like flies it was a combination of factors but the main one for sure was the current strain versus the original. There are still many who aren't vaccinated and many who will not get anymore than the 2 or 3 they have had. At the same time even Canada has decided that these vax shots are now more of a precaution or at least that's the message i'm getting from the recent continued relaxing of the remaining rules.
I'm not saying the vaccination wasn't a success in general but i don't think we would be heralding it's success if we were still dealing with the original strain. You have to admit that the weakening of the strain is just as important if not more so than taking multiple vax shots.
Old Sep 29th 2022, 12:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The early days of the virus compared to now are totally different. Anything and everything was being thrown at this virus to prevent deaths and massive overload of ICU depts and the vaccine rollout was one such tool that was being heralded as the only way out.
Hang on, which is it, the vaccine was the only way out or one of many things thrown?
I'm not saying the vaccination wasn't a success in general but i don't think we would be heralding it's success if we were still dealing with the original strain.
Hang on (again)...the message is that the vaccine is still protecting against the original but while it's less successful against Omicron it's still proven better than not having it and there's now a new vaccine that deals better with Omicron and also the original.
You have to admit that the weakening of the strain is just as important if not more so than taking multiple vax shots.
Not when it's infecting more people to make up for the less severe damage to the individual I don't. That would either be foolish or dishonest.
Old Sep 30th 2022, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hang on, which is it, the vaccine was the only way out or one of many things thrown?

Hang on (again)...the message is that the vaccine is still protecting against the original but while it's less successful against Omicron it's still proven better than not having it and there's now a new vaccine that deals better with Omicron and also the original.

Not when it's infecting more people to make up for the less severe damage to the individual I don't. That would either be foolish or dishonest.
You are being picky. I stand by my comment that whilst there were a raft of measures brought in to try and slow the spread ultimately none of them were sustainable in the long term. The vaccine however was being seen as the one tool that could get us back to some normality. Closing businesses, lockdowns and closing borders to travel was never going to last and the vaccine was certainly being heralded as our way out.
Jerseygirl has just had her 5th shot according to her comments. The US started vaccinations i believe on mass in January 2021 which means that if she had hers at the start she has had one every 4 months. Was there ever a plan to vaccinate this much? The flu shot is one yearly if you get it and that seems acceptable but every 4 months, and do you add in a flu shot too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.