Coronavirus

Old Aug 4th 2021, 3:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not just Disney and WalMart! The band, Offspring, have fired their drummer for not being vaccinated.
That'll be hard to beat.

Old Aug 4th 2021, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I looked into the Disney & Wal-Mart mandatory vaccines.

Wal-Mart it doesn't apply to most of their workforce, store and distribution center employees are not included, as well Wal-Mart policy exempts those with a valid reason not to get the vaccine.

Disney policy only applies to salaried and non-union hourly, a good amount of their on site park employees are unionized and the policy doesn't apply to them at this time, subject to change if the unions agree.

Old Aug 4th 2021, 5:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Not just Disney and WalMart! The band, Offspring, have fired their drummer for not being vaccinated.
Originally Posted by BristolUK
That'll be hard to beat.

It was probably a cymbolic firing.. if he couldn't be vaccinated many bands won't allow them to participate/play/perform (a family member is a singer, wasn't able to go on tour with the band because she can't have the vaccine - allergy issues, apparently it's due to venues and insurance problems)

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 4th 2021 at 5:21 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2021, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I looked into the Disney & Wal-Mart mandatory vaccines.

Wal-Mart it doesn't apply to most of their workforce, store and distribution center employees are not included, as well Wal-Mart policy exempts those with a valid reason not to get the vaccine.

Disney policy only applies to salaried and non-union hourly, a good amount of their on site park employees are unionized and the policy doesn't apply to them at this time, subject to change if the unions agree.
And that seems to be how this whole pandemic has been handled around the world. A variety of changing rules and protocols that apply to some more than others and are more strictly controlled in some areas and blatantly left to run riot in others. It's a bit laughable when they tell you no jab no job and you say "i'm a union employee, i'm exempt"
Old Aug 4th 2021, 10:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
And that seems to be how this whole pandemic has been handled around the world. A variety of changing rules and protocols that apply to some more than others and are more strictly controlled in some areas and blatantly left to run riot in others. It's a bit laughable when they tell you no jab no job and you say "i'm a union employee, i'm exempt"

In the case of WalMart it's more "I'm a union employee, that contract amendment hasn't been negotiated yet".
Old Aug 4th 2021, 10:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It was probably a cymbolic firing.. if he couldn't be vaccinated many bands won't allow them to participate/play/perform (a family member is a singer, wasn't able to go on tour with the band because she can't have the vaccine - allergy issues, apparently it's due to venues and insurance problems)

Also, the singer's PhD thesis was on Discovery of mature microRNA sequences within the protein-coding regions of global HIV-1 genomes: predictions of novel mechanisms for viral infection and pathogenicity, so it might be that he has no time for this rubbish about having a reason for not being vaccinated.

Old Aug 4th 2021, 11:31 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

A health condition that precludes vaccination doesn't make somebody physically incapable of leaving the house. I can leave the house, I could go to the shops, I could go to work (if I had a job), I could interact with peope - vaccinated or not! I'm not disabled just because I am unable to be vaccinated at this time.

Good luck to our esteemed members if they try to put in a claim for ODSP, based on their inability to be vaccinated... https://www.cleo.on.ca/en/publica9tions/disabben/step-2-do-i-qualify-because-my-disability
ODSP is notoriously hard to claim but it is possible to claim for temporary disability if a disability lasts a year.
However my post on the definition of disability wasn't related to ODSPs definition of disability. If your health condition prevents you from leaving the house then you have a disability.
pretty sure I recall you commenting that because of COVID you were stuck at home, has that changed?

Old Aug 5th 2021, 12:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
ODSP is notoriously hard to claim but it is possible to claim for temporary disability if a disability lasts a year.
However my post on the definition of disability wasn't related to ODSPs definition of disability. If your health condition prevents you from leaving the house then you have a disability.
pretty sure I recall you commenting that because of COVID you were stuck at home, has that changed?
There is a difference to not being physically able to leave the house and choosing not to.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 12:17 am
Banned

Also, the singer's PhD thesis was on Discovery of mature microRNA sequences within the protein-coding regions of global HIV-1 genomes: predictions of novel mechanisms for viral infection and pathogenicity, so it might be that he has no time for this rubbish about having a reason for not being vaccinated.

In your opinion - not in the family member's GP and medical teams. Some of us are unable to be vaccinated at this time on medical advice - not through choice.

This holier than thou attitude is getting tedious.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 12:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

In your opinion - not in the family member's GP and medical teams. Some of us are unable to be vaccinated at this time on medical advice - not through choice.

This holier than thou attitude is getting tedious.
The drummer's explanation for not being vaccinated makes no reference to personal medical advice, only to a general disbelief in the medical efficacy of vaccines.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

You couldn't make it up!, from the 8th of August Canada and India will both be on the UK Amber list.Sorry but WTF?
https://news.sky.com/story/full-list...ravel-12372869
Old Aug 5th 2021, 1:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
You couldn't make it up!, from the 8th of August Canada and India will both be on the UK Amber list.Sorry but WTF?
https://news.sky.com/story/full-list...ravel-12372869
Not sure what you find far-fetched here but Alberta has embarked on a lunatic policy of encouraging the coronavirus. It's hard to identify people who've been to Alberta among people from Canada so one should expect countries to blacklist all Canadians.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 6:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Companies in the US with unions have a master list of who is union so would be hard if the company is on the ball to lie about it.

Originally Posted by printer
Old Aug 5th 2021, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bats
There is a difference to not being physically able to leave the house and choosing not to.
How does ODSP work?

PWD in BC is a payer of last resort, to even apply for PWD status, you have to be eligible for general assistance first, they literally will not give you the application unless your approved for general assistance first, you can be disabled but not eligible for general assistance and thus not able to apply for PWD.

Basic requirements for them to let you apply for PWD

1- Be in financial need and eligible for general assistance.

2- Have a doctor or nurse practitioner confirm you have a severe physical and/or mental impairment that is expected to continue for more than two years. (this one can be quite hard, if one of the unfortunate to be without a GP)

3- Be significantly restricted in your ability to perform daily-living activities

And most people are denied first time around.
Old Aug 5th 2021, 7:09 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed but I had understood that your decision to stay home was because of COVID and medical advice to avoid risk.
So obviously not,. You can leave anytime. I'll remember.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.