Coronavirus

Old Apr 16th 2021, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Our neighbour hood has just opened up for 18+ vaccinations. My daughter has been trying all day, but appointments for the next week are all taken. I kept trying and trying, then suddenly one appointment for next Friday became available so I grabbed it for her. Woo bloody Hoo.

Good job!

I have my that maybe sometime in May my age group will become eligible for appointments.

Old Apr 16th 2021, 9:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's official, the border between Quebec and Ontario and Manitoba and Ontario, will be closed as from Monday, apart from for 'work or medical' related purposes. -Checkpoints!!

Further restrictions in place.. from tomorrow
Stay at home order extended to 6 weeks.
Schools closed
No more than 25% capacity in any essential (i.e. groceries / pharmaceutical) stores.. no curbside pickup from any non-essential stores (non essential stores online delivery only).
10 people allowed at weddings / funerals / church services etc., as from Monday (indoors or out)
Recreational Facilities and Playgrounds closed
Anyone found outside or in their homes / gardens with anyone not of their household (plus 1 person - for those that live alone) are able to be fined.. police given extended powers to stop / fine.. can ask where you live, who you are with, where you are going.. why aren't you at home etc..

Manufacturing apart from essential supplies - closed down.. construction apart from essential building, closed down..

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 16th 2021 at 9:16 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2021, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

425 people in hospital, including 127 in intensive care. 1,005 new cases and 6 deaths.

A record high 10,081 active cases.

Hospitalizations up 28% from last Friday with number in ICU up 25% in the same time period.

People can enjoy the outdoors but need to do so safely in small, consistent groups.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...l-16-1.5991202

Old Apr 16th 2021, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
425 people in hospital, including 127 in intensive care. 1,005 new cases and 6 deaths.

A record high 10,081 active cases.

Hospitalizations up 28% from last Friday with number in ICU up 25% in the same time period.

People can enjoy the outdoors but need to do so safely in small, consistent groups.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...l-16-1.5991202
And yet another rather luke warm statement. No mention of stricter rules just the same old message, "be careful, stay local, small groups" When are they going to realize people will just carry on as they were because, well, it's technically not illegal. I don't need to go to Osoyoos for a day trip or Alberta for a road trip but if i did I'm not breaking any laws and so it continues. The roads here at the moment are busy like normal, nobody is staying home or refraining from travelling so it seems.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 12:13 am
Account Closed

It's to a point now where its predictable what they will do, and its just more of the please don't do this, but we wont stop you if you do.

Originally Posted by printer
And yet another rather luke warm statement. No mention of stricter rules just the same old message, "be careful, stay local, small groups" When are they going to realize people will just carry on as they were because, well, it's technically not illegal. I don't need to go to Osoyoos for a day trip or Alberta for a road trip but if i did I'm not breaking any laws and so it continues. The roads here at the moment are busy like normal, nobody is staying home or refraining from travelling so it seems.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

It's to a point now where its predictable what they will do, and its just more of the please don't do this, but we wont stop you if you do.
Exactly, i am not a fan of closures or masks or restrictions on my life but as you say it has now got to a point where you assume they should be doing something a tad more drastic because they keep showing us modelling data of scary figures but fail to stamp down on it.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 7:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Saskatchewan may start offering 2nd doses of AstraZeneca if age limitations aren't changed.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7759731/s...e-limitations/The Regina drive-through started offering jabs of Phizer to the 46 - 54 group this week and they had wait times of 2 - 3 hours for about a day and a half before running out of vaccine. This happened before when they were doing the over 75's and it took about 10 days to get more. It's been closed for the last 2 days. The fact that it was busy before is encouraging, and the other drive-throughs in the province appear to be operating normally.
When a bunch of kids from different towns get together for a party, then take the virus and variants home with them, it spreads like wildfire:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...sask-1.5987813

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 17th 2021 at 8:08 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2021, 8:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Ontario's newest regulations for 'stay at home orders' specify that only people within the same household can be outside (or inside) together - with the exclusive addition of 1 person (if they are single).. you can be stopped at any time by a police or bylaw officer, required to give the reason why you are outside of the home.. where you live, where you are going.. and who is with you..
Old Apr 17th 2021, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

"you can be stopped at any time by a police or bylaw officer, required to give the reason why you are outside of the home.. where you live, where you are going.. and who is with you.."

This is more scary to me than covid itself!
Old Apr 17th 2021, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
"you can be stopped at any time by a police or bylaw officer, required to give the reason why you are outside of the home.. where you live, where you are going.. and who is with you.."

This is more scary to me than covid itself!
Looks like a fair amount of police departments in Ontario have chosen not to do random stops of people to see why they are travelling.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...andom-stop-law

Old Apr 17th 2021, 9:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a fair amount of police departments in Ontario have chosen not to do random stops
I read that Ford has backtracked on closing playgrounds; probably a good idea.
edit; I was in error before when I said the Regina drive-through was closed for the last 2 days, they just weren't posting the wait times so it looked like they were closed. They didn't run out until yesterday evening.

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 17th 2021 at 10:51 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bl....co/E3mW3c4UCo

(market watch are owned by Dow Jones, and reviewed as slightly right leaning)
Old Apr 18th 2021, 5:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Now they're telling us the Regina drive through is going to be closed for 2 weeks, so it will be similar to the first time they ran out of Phizer.
"Regina’s drive-thru vaccination clinic closed on Friday evening after exhausting its vaccine supply, and the province expects the clinic to remain closed for two weeks."
https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...mpression=true
Old Apr 18th 2021, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

Both good news and bad news I guess, the good news being demand seems strong which implies people are willing to get vaccinated but running out of supply isn't good news.

Originally Posted by caretaker
Now they're telling us the Regina drive through is going to be closed for 2 weeks, so it will be similar to the first time they ran out of Phizer.
"Regina’s drive-thru vaccination clinic closed on Friday evening after exhausting its vaccine supply, and the province expects the clinic to remain closed for two weeks."
https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...mpression=true
Old Apr 19th 2021, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Good news is cases are trending downward a bit in BC.

Bad news 8 deaths over the weekend including a child, 2 years old with pre-existing health concerns.

Good news is Astra Zeneca vaccine will be opened to 40, but will be used to target specific communities with the highest concern.

Travel restrictions begin on Friday with police setting up random road blocks similiar to DUI check points.

Effective Friday no travel outside your health region will be permitted. (kind of makes no sense considering the Lower Mainland is comprised of 2 health regions Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health, but someone in Burnaby can travel as far out as Boston Bar apparently but going from Vancouver to Burnaby or New West isn't permitted)

BC Ferries will be stopping bookings for anyone with RVs or campers.

They will put up signs at the Alberta border reminding people not to travel to BC for non-essential reasons.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7769782/b...april-19-2021/

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news...d-to-covid-19/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.