Coronavirus

Old Mar 30th 2021, 3:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Danny B
I feel bad for restaurant owners, but surely there cannot be that many people eating indoors at a restaurant these days? Everyone must realize that indoor transmission is where the majority of the spread occurs? I haven't been inside a restaurant for over 1 year now. Plenty of take out, but no eating indoors.
According to the records for my city only 1 case has been reported at a restaurant - caught by a member of staff going to an exercise class - so the restaurant was shut down (4 staff proved positive but with no symptoms) and no customers were infected. Far more likely to catch it at Walmart, in a Mall, in a store.. in an exercise place or at your place of work. There are a fair few cases at hospitals (i.e. staff), shelters, church/community support centres and care homes, schools etc., sadly.

https://www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/...es-in-hamilton
Outbreaks occurring
  • 14 current institution outbreaksa
  • 9 current community outbreaksb
  • 6 current workplace outbreaksc
  • 11 current school/daycare outbreaksd
Old Mar 30th 2021, 3:03 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Excellent...do you know what vaccine? AZ has come under much negative press over the last 24 hrs in Canada. Tens of millions of people in the UK and Europe have had the vaccine. Only a handful of people have developed a rare blood clot, and they don’t even know whether it was caused by the vaccine.

In Toronto I hear the medical staff are stood around the near empty mass max centres. They have even been knocking on doors and going to schools, offering to vax teachers. There are over 7K empty appointments for this week. The mass max centres use Pfizer and Moderna. I just don’t get it...why aren’t people getting vaccinated.
The word shambles comes to mind.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Only 1 province is updated for today, so this will change by end of day.
https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

Old Mar 30th 2021, 4:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Excellent...do you know what vaccine? AZ has come under much negative press over the last 24 hrs in Canada.
She's back. She was given AZ vaccine (she's 82) and an information sheet about why AZ is safe. (reference to the tiny number of blood clot cases among the millions of jabs in Europe and none in Canada)

Has return appointment in 14 weeks.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 4:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
She's back. She was given AZ vaccine (she's 82) and an information sheet about why AZ is safe. (reference to the tiny number of blood clot cases among the millions of jabs in Europe and none in Canada)

Has return appointment in 14 weeks.

Old Mar 30th 2021, 4:35 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
According to the records for my city only 1 case has been reported at a restaurant - caught by a member of staff going to an exercise class - so the restaurant was shut down (4 staff proved positive but with no symptoms) and no customers were infected. Far more likely to catch it at Walmart, in a Mall, in a store.. in an exercise place or at your place of work. There are a fair few cases at hospitals (i.e. staff), shelters, church/community support centres and care homes, schools etc., sadly.
I disagree.
I cannot talk for other cities, but here in Kamloops pretty much every store has a maximum number of people allowed inside, AND everyone has to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing. We all know that wearing a mask and keeping 6' away from people is the best way to prevent spread. Going shopping I do not have a problem with whatsoever. Gyms and restaurants I am more wary of.

Inside a restaurant there is pretty good evidence that droplet transmission can occur at a distance greater than 2 m if there is direct air flow from an infected person. I haven't eaten out so I'm, not familiar with the rules, but I would imagine people must be masked up until they take a sip of their drink or eat their food. My Wife is a terribly slow eater so she would be unmasked for at least 45 minutes while these droplets are circulating indoors. Not worth the risk for me.

Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
What other places in BC are open that allow you to sit down indoors and be mask less for an hour? I can't think of many besides religious indoor gatherings.
Dentist is one place I can think of where you might sit down and be out of a mask for an hour.

Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:12 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Dentist is one place I can think of where you might sit down and be out of a mask for an hour.
The dentists are hyper cautious themselves though.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 12:26 am
Account Closed

Big White area restaurant* near Kelowna, 20 somethings having a party inside, not allowed and probably not wise at this time either considering case count.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7729920/r...4P2gSse-qp4maU

*restaurant not affiliated with the resort itself.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 12:33 am
Account Closed

Some good news on the vaccine front in BC, those 55 to 65 will be able to get Astra Zeneca vaccine at participating pharmacies.

Beginning March 31, 2021, those aged 55 to 65 may call their local pharmacy and book an appointment to receive their vaccine. Drop-in service may be an option at the more than 150 participating pharmacies. People must bring their personal health number, which is found on their BC Services Card or CareCard.

https://archive.news.gov.bc.ca/relea...061-000595.htm

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 31st 2021 at 12:35 am.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Really? From an item about 'eat out to help out' which is well worth a read in its own right...

Now factor in that in other places you are moving in, out, and around with others likewise on the move. Close distances are fleeting and people are masked up reducing any covid output the unknowingly infected may have.

Compare that to sitting in one place for an hour or two and others nearby also remaining in one place for a similar time. You're eating, they're eating, so for the time you're all eating you're all maskless with any covid output someone may unknowingly have not being limited.
But we can all read these reports about just how bad things could be yet restaurants, pubs, coffee shops have all been open and under restricted seating/spacing for months now. Are we suggesting that these new cases are all coming from these places? I highly doubt it. Are we suggesting stores are ok because people are wearing masks? Yes could be the answer if EVERYONE wore a medical grade mask correctly at all times yet we see poorly constructed cloth coverings and even those mini face shields that cover bugger all. We have plane loads of passengers coming in with often poorly controlled quarantine and if they have been on a long haul flight how much time was spent with mask down taking drink/snack? I believe we touched on this a while back but 10% of your flight time with mask round chin sipping water and eating peanuts is of course only 6 minutes for an hours flight, its nearly an hour on a 9 hour transatlantic! I would rather take my chances in a nicely spaced restaurant than in a tightly packed aircraft. Currently they are saying there is over 2000 cases of the UK variant in BC, how did that get here? I have seen numerous reports on local news about outbreaks and these have been, schools, hospitals, care homes, exposure on numerous flights but nothing from Restaurants.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 1:28 am
Yo

Originally Posted by printer
But we can all read these reports about just how bad things could be yet restaurants, pubs, coffee shops have all been open and under restricted seating/spacing for months now. Are we suggesting that these new cases are all coming from these places? I highly doubt it. Are we suggesting stores are ok because people are wearing masks? Yes could be the answer if EVERYONE wore a medical grade mask correctly at all times yet we see poorly constructed cloth coverings and even those mini face shields that cover bugger all. We have plane loads of passengers coming in with often poorly controlled quarantine and if they have been on a long haul flight how much time was spent with mask down taking drink/snack? I believe we touched on this a while back but 10% of your flight time with mask round chin sipping water and eating peanuts is of course only 6 minutes for an hours flight, its nearly an hour on a 9 hour transatlantic! I would rather take my chances in a nicely spaced restaurant than in a tightly packed aircraft. Currently they are saying there is over 2000 cases of the UK variant in BC, how did that get here? I have seen numerous reports on local news about outbreaks and these have been, schools, hospitals, care homes, exposure on numerous flights but nothing from Restaurants.
Not sure, but in theory it would only take one person carrying the UK variant, to seed another 2000+ cases. It's hard to identify exactly where spread is ocurring, but indoor venues are inherently far more risky than outdoor venues (so the science says) hence the need to reduce spread in those venues.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Not sure, but in theory it would only take one person carrying the UK variant, to seed another 2000+ cases. It's hard to identify exactly where spread is ocurring, but indoor venues are inherently far more risky than outdoor venues (so the science says) hence the need to reduce spread in those venues.
But indoor venues with masks? These should be good no? But it seems not because we shouldn't be seeing outbreaks in carefully controlled places like care homes, hospitals. We should be seeing them in less controlled venues like restaurants yet this doesn't seem to be the case. I don't believe there was any specific data backing up their latest restrictions yesterday. I think that people would feel better if they had said here are the figures and 75% of these cases are from restaurants/coffee shops so we will close them. But no such data appears to exist, to my knowledge.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 1:50 am
Yo

Originally Posted by printer
But indoor venues with masks? These should be good no? But it seems not because we shouldn't be seeing outbreaks in carefully controlled places like care homes, hospitals. We should be seeing them in less controlled venues like restaurants yet this doesn't seem to be the case. I don't believe there was any specific data backing up their latest restrictions yesterday. I think that people would feel better if they had said here are the figures and 75% of these cases are from restaurants/coffee shops so we will close them. But no such data appears to exist, to my knowledge.
It's not really possible to identify where the infection comes from, not least because Coronavirus carriers can be asymptomatic. So what researchers do is study the persistence and flow or droplets in a confined space. That's how they are able to establish that say cafe is X amount more risky than a deck (for example).
Old Mar 31st 2021, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Are hospitals carefully controlled?

The times I have gone over the last year lots of admin and support staff without masks on, when I had my CT done at the Kelowna hospital in October, the nurse who checked me in and did the IV wasn't wearing a mask. My wife had to go to the hospital for a psychiatrist consult in the ER a few weeks ago, not all staff wore masks, a good amount were not wearing masks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.