Coronavirus

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The Covid numbers in Ontario have been rising steadily, hovering just under 2,000 per day again now. Yesterday we took the short drive into town via Lakeshore...there were hundreds and hundreds of people out walking, cycling, running, picnicking etc. Hardly anyone was wearing a mask. Despite Toronto stepping up the immunization program this week, I think we will see a spike in numbers before too long. I understand we all feel trapped and stir crazy, but after a year of being ultra careful and staying home, why oh why are people throwing caution to the wind now? Surely it isn’t much of an imposition to wear a mask when outdoors.
Indoor mask wearing I get but you're saying people should now wear masks outdoors? I thought we are supposed to be easing restrictions.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 11:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Indoor mask wearing I get but you're saying people should now wear masks outdoors? I thought we are supposed to be easing restrictions.
Unless you can stay well away from people yes. That’s what we have been told. Where we are there are various signs outside asking people to wear masks and stay 2 meters apart.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 22nd 2021 at 2:08 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 2:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We have just had the 1st AZ shot. Seems pretty chaotic to arrange the 2nd shot. Have to wait for the government to announce the 2nd shots are available...then rebook. Everyone I know in the UK were given their 2nd apt when they got the first shot.

Felt terribly sorry for a guy who was at the pharmacy this morning. He has cancer and was having chemo. He has been told he has to get the 2nd shot within 4 weeks of the first. The pharmacist said she couldn’t help him and to try to get an apt at one of the mass vac. clinics. You would think his oncologist would have arranged this.
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

We have just had the 1st AZ shot.
Good news!
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 9:02 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

We're getting a little shut-down.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ders-1.5961062
Old Mar 24th 2021, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

This will be good for some who have been laid off from the tourism sector over the last year.

BC will have 1,400 workers who have been laid off across 14 organizations do non-clinical work at the vaccine centers.

groups in the program include the B.C. Pavilion Corporation, Ceres Terminals Canada, the Canadian Red Cross, the Fraser Valley Bandits, Pacific Destinations Services, the Pacific National Exhibition and the Vancouver Giants, Air Canada, WestJet, Vancouver International Airport, the Vancouver Canucks and Tourism Whistler.

The employees will be paid by their companies with some salaries being topped up by the province.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...n-bc-1.5961768

Old Mar 25th 2021, 3:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 26th 2021, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Here in Toronto the Covid numbers are climbing again during the 3rd wave...over 2K per day. A week ago outdoor patios on restaurants and cafes were allowed to open. Today we learn from April 12, nail and hair salons will be allowed to open. That makes no sense to me...although I can’t wait to get my hair and nails done.

People over 70+ In Toronto can go to the mass vac centers for the vaccine. 60 - 69 can get the AZ vaccine at certain pharmacies. There are over 30K empty appointments for next week at the max vax centres. Plus many more make an appointment and do not bother to turn up. The mayor is asking that everyone gets vaccinated. On the other hand it is being reported that there are long lines outside the max vax centres. People using wheelchairs and walkers are stood outside for hours in single digit temps. When they do get inside...there is another wait....physical distancing is not being recognised by many.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 7:41 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Toronto the Covid numbers are climbing again during the 3rd wave...over 2K per day. A week ago outdoor patios on restaurants and cafes were allowed to open. Today we learn from April 12, nail and hair salons will be allowed to open. That makes no sense to me...although I can’t wait to get my hair and nails done.

People over 70+ In Toronto can go to the mass vac centers for the vaccine. 60 - 69 can get the AZ vaccine at certain pharmacies. There are over 30K empty appointments for next week at the max vax centres. Plus many more make an appointment and do not bother to turn up. The mayor is asking that everyone gets vaccinated. On the other hand it is being reported that there are long lines outside the max vax centres. People using wheelchairs and walkers are stood outside for hours in single digit temps. When they do get inside...there is another wait....physical distancing is not being recognised by many.
Its hard to believe that people don't want vaccinations. Do they not understand the statistics and graphs on the news ?!! I just had mine today. Very pleased to be on the path to immunity.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 7:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Shard
Its hard to believe that people don't want vaccinations. Do they not understand the statistics and graphs on the news ?!! I just had mine today. Very pleased to be on the path to immunity.
We had the AZ vaccine on Monday. Surprising how many people we have mentioned it to have looked in horror and said they will not have that vaccine. I mentioned it to a lady on our reception desk today...she said there was no way she would have the AZ. I can’t understand it. Still I suppose it means we may get the 2nd shot quicker than the estimated 16 weeks.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand people not wanting the vaccine at all ( although vaccine passports might change that) but booking it then not rocking up - what's that all about? They should be charged for not showing up.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 9:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
I can understand people not wanting the vaccine at all ( although vaccine passports might change that) but booking it then not rocking up - what's that all about? They should be charged for not showing up.
It is all very odd. Because the lines are so long and the people have to wait outside...they give up and leave. Disabled people in their 80s having to wait outside for hours is a disgrace. On the other hand there are some mass max clinics that are almost empty. Makes no sense.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

908 new cases today in BC, 2nd highest single day total since this began, highest single day total was 911 cases on November 27th which I imagine we will break soon.

seven-day moving average for new cases up to 699. Highest since December 7.

550,062 people — about 10.7 per cent of B.C.’s population have been given at least 1 dose with 87,223 having received both doses.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7722551/b...march-26-2021/

This as well is being reported by CTV regarding P.1 variant.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/more-cases-of-...-u-s-1.5364043

No more updates in BC until Monday afternoon, I predict the weekend tally will be over 2,000 total cases over 3 days.

Due to upcoming religious holidays, churches will be allowed to have limited indoor services.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...2021-1.5964491

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 26th 2021 at 10:58 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 11:07 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

We had the AZ vaccine on Monday. Surprising how many people we have mentioned it to have looked in horror and said they will not have that vaccine. I mentioned it to a lady on our reception desk today...she said there was no way she would have the AZ. I can’t understand it. Still I suppose it means we may get the 2nd shot quicker than the estimated 16 weeks.
They are misinformed by the media. It's ridiculous. Everyone seems to think they know more about vaccines than the CDC and other national regulatory agencies. Even the much touted effiacy rate is not that relevant as all the vaccines are 100% effective against death/serious illness.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 11:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hamilton moves to Grey - Lockdown as of Monday.
https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/6...onse-framework

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.