Coronavirus

Old May 11th 2020, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The future is Wal-Mart, Costco, Canadian Tire, Amazon, Home Depot kind of world, nothing but box stores in our future, the small unique retailers just can't compete in today's world.
Yeah disposable garbage from China that doesn’t last 5 minutes and ends up in land fills……the disposable society we now live in, that’s the real environmental problem in my opinion. We need to get back to building/manufacturing products that last!

And……. Monday morning rant over!

Old May 11th 2020, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Yeah disposable garbage from China that doesn’t last 5 minutes and ends up in land fills……the disposable society we now live in, that’s the real environmental problem in my opinion. We need to get back to building/manufacturing products that last!

And……. Monday morning rant over!
Agree.....the thought of a world just full of (Spr)awl Mart, and the big box behomeths isn't a pleasant thought....it's bad enough that commercial areas all over Canada USA are virtually indistinguishable now..imagine if all the independent retailers were gone.
Old May 11th 2020, 11:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Agree.....the thought of a world just full of (Spr)awl Mart, and the big box behomeths isn't a pleasant thought....it's bad enough that commercial areas all over Canada USA are virtually indistinguishable now..imagine if all the independent retailers were gone.
It's our choice though, innit? If you don't like Wal-Mart don't go there. I don't but nothing's lost, I still park outside and gawk at the sort of people who do go there.
Old May 11th 2020, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's our choice though, innit? If you don't like Wal-Mart don't go there. I don't but nothing's lost, I still park outside and gawk at the sort of people who do go there.
I don't go to Walmart but must admit I do go to Costco and use Amazon. It's the sameness of places like Walmart all across the country that I find annoying. The architect for Walmart and Costco got paid once.
Old May 11th 2020, 1:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't go to Walmart but must admit I do go to Costco and use Amazon. It's the sameness of places like Walmart all across the country that I find annoying. The architect for Walmart and Costco got paid once.

Oh but they're in non-places that look the same. King of Prussia, Richardson, Mississauga, Kanata, Brampton. Suburbs for Hyundai drivers. They don't make those places look any worse.
Old May 11th 2020, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just the aesthetics of the exteriors of these stores on the outside or the inside that is annoying? Apparently the average Walmart store is approx 105,000 sq ft and Costco is around 144,000 sq ft. I guess they could look at making the outside of the stores to look more like a pyramid or something else and perhaps different colour schemes but the outside signage would probably remain the same to distinguish it from the other pyramid shaped big box stores like Best Buy, the Brick etc etc.

If using the interiors then Costco is great as every Costco looks the same and the layouts almost identical as to where products are. I hate it when shopping at other stores I get used to a certain product being in a certain aisle then 3 months later they move it to another aisle. WHY????

Some would call it an ingenious move by them as they only needed one architect to design their stores and saved a shed load of money not having to hire multiple ones just so they could have different looking stores.
Old May 11th 2020, 2:39 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If using the interiors then Costco is great as every Costco looks the same and the layouts almost identical as to where products are. I hate it when shopping at other stores I get used to a certain product being in a certain aisle then 3 months later they move it to another aisle. WHY????.
That's deliberate. The more time you spend wandering around the store looking for things, the higher the probability you will find other things that you also decide to buy. I find this happens in the supermarkets frequently, Costco less so. Although the new Costco here has only been open 6 months or so. It is, allegedly, the biggest and busiest in Canada. The former Costco building -in a different part of St John's - is now an empty box with no hope of being filled. It's next door to the Zellers/Target that has been similarly empty and decaying for 2-3 years.
Old May 11th 2020, 3:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
...Costco looks the same and the layouts almost identical as to where products are. I hate it when shopping at other stores I get used to a certain product being in a certain aisle then 3 months later they move it to another aisle. WHY????
The two I most use here have pretty much stopped shifting things around. The last two changes were to accommodate the wine they were allowed to start selling and now the added beer.

The layout, no matter which store chain or store is pretty much the same here. The one exception being where you go in and work your way left rather than to the right. But even then it's like a mirror image and you shop in the same order, just the opposite direction.

It makes it very easy for your list.
Old May 11th 2020, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Westjet is extending its flight cancellation and schedule reduction through July 4th now, and wont start some seasonal routes, trans-border flights are cut through June 25th.

Vancouver Airport Authority issuing 100 lay off notices, the airport authority has approx 550 employees. YVR expects to see between 8 & 15 million passengers per year for the next 3 years, down from 26 million in 2019.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/05...ouver-airport/

Old May 13th 2020, 2:47 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Morgan calling a spade a spade, I not a big fan of this guy, but he does call out the U.K. Gov boffins on airport testing and the whole shit show in UK

I don’t know how to show link

Last edited by Siouxie; May 13th 2020 at 3:49 pm. Reason: attempted to get links to show using hyperlinking
Old May 13th 2020, 3:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Morgan calling a spade a spade, I not a big fan of this guy, but he does call out the U.K. Gov boffins on airport testing and the whole shit show in UK

I don’t know how to show link
Other link

PeoplesMomentum/videos/237489280855346/?vh=e

https://www.facebook.com/1442162321/...114583685/?d=n
I tried to get it to show the links but wasn't totally successful. Highlight 2 words, click on the 'link' symbol in the toolbar above the message box.. input the link. click ok. Works sometimes, not others!
Old May 13th 2020, 4:41 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I tried to get it to show the links but wasn't totally successful. Highlight 2 words, click on the 'link' symbol in the toolbar above the message box.. input the link. click ok. Works sometimes, not others!

Thanks your Quote works
Old May 13th 2020, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

This could be very significant:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...proval-public/
Old May 13th 2020, 10:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...cal-tests.html

Today, following priority scientific review, Health Canada authorized the first COVID-19 serological test for use in Canada, the DiaSorin LIAISON®. Canadian laboratories will use the test to detect antibodies specific to COVID-19.
Old May 13th 2020, 11:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by jimf

Maybe, but isn't it the case that no one knows what having antibodies means in terms of future infection; people who have antibodies may still catch COVID-19, perhaps multiple times, they might also spread it. It's a step in the right direction, certainly, but perhaps not a huge one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.