Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Canadian food dislikes

Canadian food dislikes

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of
Default Re: Canadian food dislikes

cheese.....in a jar.......enough said
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:24 am
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by snoopster
http://ocanada.com.au/shop/media/cat...z1kg_Lge_1.png

god that's so gross!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:33 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I virtually grew up on these.

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:59 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
At least once a week in my house - not thought of them in soooooo long
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:02 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Fed via webcam?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:06 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it a paste?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:07 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Fed via webcam?
The modern generation and their computer speak, what will they come with next?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Is it a paste?
Its a powder.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Its a powder.
A white powder? I bet that makes yer noodles greasy
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:31 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

A white powder? I bet that makes yer noodles greasy
Leave it!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Leave it!!!
I could have let it lie, but I didnt

Is vic reeves still on TV bTW?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:00 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It is not tosh, and nothing in the rest of your post says it's tosh. MSG may be used in all sorts of cuisine, all around the world, but Chinese take-aways (and Chinese restaurants that cater primarily to non-Chinese) in the UK add quantities to the food that make it unpalatable to someone used to "proper" Chinese food. They do it because the British will not buy the food otherwise.
It is like adding salt and sugar to food. A little enhances the flavour, too much makes it uneatable. A common complaint we all have about processed food in North American.

I am not saying this to try and score points. I know it is true. I know many people in the catering business - Asian and non-Asian alike.

And, btw, Ajinomoto is a brand name.
I must admit that some in town did use it, but the one we used and did for many years didnt, everything was fresh, we paid for it, BUT wow was it good.
I actually made my own the other night to the delight of my OH and son, was so good, as i am on low salt in-take maybe that is why i hate it here.
Even fries bought tastes disgusting now adays, i cant do with the taste of high salt

O that is just not right, that just doesnt taste at all like proper cheese
Sorry but we actually bought some as we wanted to know what everyone saw in it, after a small taste it went in the trash........OMG
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

the worst thing is, is that little Miss Snoops loves the stuff......she had it at a friends house, and now loves it in her 'grilled cheese' sandwiches. Oh, and she loves Kraft Dinner too......ugh!

My only vice since arriving on these shores is developing a liking for the delectable Reeses peanut butter cups....mmmm, I can scoff 3 just standing filling up the car with gas. Delish!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:58 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I'd forgotten them
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:59 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I could have let it lie, but I didnt

Is vic reeves still on TV bTW?
They just did a new series of "Shooting Stars" with Ulrikka ka ka . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.